X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negro Rap "Music" Sales Plummet!

Finally, America is starting to wake up! People are losing interest in the inane, crack-fueled mutterings and gibberings of baggy-lipped Congoid criminals—and one can only hope they are taking up Bible study instead. Regardless, the disappearance of these rape anthems from the airwaves will give us an excellent opportunity to spread the Good News.

Gangsta rap on death row as the US tunes out
    By Tim Shipman in Washington, Sunday Telegraph

To judge by their lyrics, gangsta rappers are adept at seeing off rivals with a bullet and their women with a slap.

But America's rappers are now trapped in a corner they don't seem able to shoot their way out of, with either weapons or words.

Confronted with haemorrhaging sales, the most assertive popular music movement since the Sex Pistols has lost its swagger and is suffering a crisis of confidence.

This year rap and hip-hop sales are down 33 per cent, double the decline of the CD album market overall, which is under pressure from music download sites such as iTunes, where fans can buy individual songs.

In 2006, rap sold 59.1 million albums, down 21 per cent from 2005. Not one rap album made the American top 10 sellers of the year - a list headed by the saccharine tunes of the soundtrack to Disney's made-for-television High School Musical. The bad boys of rap are now trailing the cowboys of country and the headbangers of heavy metal.

Since rap's apotheosis five years ago, when Eminem's album The Eminem Show topped the American charts with 7.6 million sales, no rapper has come close to emulating his success.

Rap has been deserted by many white fans and middle-class blacks, apparently tiring of the "gangsta" attitude to women, racism, violence and bling - the gold rings and medallions that have made hip-hop a byword for -vulgarity.

"The public has made a choice. They're saying, 'We do not want the nonsense that we see and hear on radio, and we are not putting our money there'," said KRS-One, a rap legend from the Bronx. "Rap music is being boycotted by the American public because of the images that we are putting forward."

Tom Vickers, a former talent spotter for Capitol/Mercury records said: "Rap has gradually degenerated from an art form into a ring tone. That's why we're seeing this backlash. There's only so much bling the public can take."

The early pioneers of rap are also seen to have sold out. Snoop Dogg, once famed for his ghetto lyrics, is now helping to advertise Pony trainers while 50 Cent is pushing grape-flavoured vitamin water, a far cry from the kind of hard liquor usually associated with the hip-hopsters.

Kevin Powell, a historian of the genre, said: "Hip-hop culture has been assassinated by the hip-hop industry's desire to make money by any means necessary."

The rap artist Nas bemoans the decline on his new album Hip Hop Is Dead, complaining that everyone sounds the same and that they have forgotten their roots.

No one embodies the decline of rap like Marion "Suge" Knight, the man who created Death Row Records and became known as the John Gotti of hip-hop. When Knight, reputedly a member of the LA gang the Bloods, helped mastermind the careers of Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg and Tupac Shakur, his company boasted annual sales of $200 million (£100 million) and the monicker "Motown of the Nineties".

Now he is an ex-convict, a bankrupt who is $137 million in debt and facing a civil trial in which the family of murdered rap star the Notorious B.I.G. claim that he was gunned down in 1997 by hitmen hired by Death Row as part of an East Coast-West Coast rap feud. Now the bad boy of rap is planning to withdraw the entire Death Row back catalogue and bleep out each and every instance of the word "nigger" in its songs. "To me, it's never too late to change," he told The Washington Post last week.

Earlier this year, the radio "shock jock" Don Imus sparked a media storm by referring to black members of the Rutgers ladies basketball team as "nappy headed hos", a derogatory term for unkempt prostitutes. The fury that ensued cost Imus his job but immediately prompted claims that an ageing white man is judged by different standards from the "gangsta" rappers who use such terms with abandon.

The Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama joined the conservative Fox News channel in calling for a crackdown on rap lyrics.

Hip-hop mogul Russell -Simmons, who made millions co-founding and then selling the Def Jam label, called a meeting of music industry executives shortly afterwards and called for the words "nigger", "bitch" and "ho" to be bleeped out of radio -versions of songs.

The New York civil rights leader, the Rev Al Sharpton, protested outside the offices of leading record labels and met executives from Universal, Warner and Sony Music, who control 90 per cent of the rap market between them. He declared: "We plan to continue to march until those three words are gone."

In the rush to condemn, the leading black magazine Ebony removed the rapper Ludacris from its cover. Verizon records then dropped Senegalese-American hip-hop star Akon after video footage surfaced of him simulating sex with an underage fan on stage.

For many, though, this capitulation to mainstream taste is another sign that rap is dying. An unrepentant 50 Cent said he had no intention of cleaning up his lyrics.

"Music is a mirror," he said, "and hip-hop is a reflection of the environment we grew up in. If I ask you to paint a picture of the American flag and not use the colour red, you're going to have a difficult time."

But others see in this reappraisal a renewal of the genre. Michael Dyson, professor of African-American and Religious Studies at the University of Pennsylvania said: "The most powerful sign that hip-hop culture is alive is the withering critique from within about the industry. Horrible hip-hop must die so that regal hip-hop can live. Hip-hop is dead. Long live hip-hop."
    Interestingly enough, the negroid's ability to "rap" comes from its unique nasal structure—the two bones in its nose are often fused together, creating a partially sealed chamber in which sound waves can resonate at extremely high decibels. This trait is common among members of the ape clan, though no other human race possesses it. So when we listen to rape "music," we are essentially hearing a wildlife audio documentary, as it could not exist without the negroid's jungle roots.
    Last edited by Virginia Day Templeton; 07-07-2007, 02:24 AM.
    sigpic

Re: Negro Rap "Music" Sales Plummet!

Does this mean our children will no longer be subjected to images of these rappists with their "blink blink" and "shaking boots"? Praise Jesus! I have been praying for this, and He is finally answering YES!
    Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
    Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
    Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
    All a-Twitter for Salvation!
    Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
    On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
    My Ladies of Landover profile!

Comment

Oh-dear-what-a-shame-never-mind.
      In order to be old & wise,you must first be young & stupid.

Comment

This just makes more room for the wholesome Christian Britney Spears to make a big splash with her comeback album. I can't wait.
        Tir'd, and despairing, O celestial maid,
        I'm caught, I cry'd, without thy heav'nly aid.
        Help me, Diana, help a nymph forlorn,
        Devoted to the woods, who long has worn
        Thy livery, and long thy quiver born.
        - Ovid

Comment

I'm confused by how they ever sold any records in the first place. Does anyone else see the contradiction in having an industry that's based around negroes paying for things and not stealing them?
          O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Arethusa View Post
            This just makes more room for the wholesome Christian Britney Spears to make a big splash with her comeback album. I can't wait.
            1. Bigot
            2. Thick - Headed
            3. Delusional
            4. Supremacist
            5. Racist
            6. Stubborn

Please do the majority of us a favour; stop speaking on our behalf.
            Ecclesiastes 4:5 The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh.

Comment

Welcome, unsaved trash.

How about making a proper introduction thread and telling us how your soul first became aroused by Jesus?
              sigpic
              Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
              The truth about volcanos
              Sex and debauchery in public schools
              Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
              God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
              Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by -True Christian- View Post
                1. Bigot
                2. Thick - Headed
                3. Delusional
                4. Supremacist
                5. Racist
                6. Stubborn
                Amen!

Rappers certainly do have all of the "qualities" you've listed.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
                  Amen!

Rappers certainly do have all of the "qualities" you've listed.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
                  I was talking about you and the majority of people here.

How can ideologies like this even survive, let alone exist?

If even that I do agree that some of the rappers out there are misguided, that does not give you the right to righteously and indignantly, even BLINDLY impose the most wrong of your Biased beliefs on them. Nor do I agree with them. Music has meaning. All Music. And in case you hadn't noticed, Britney Spears isn't exactly the most "pure person" out there.

Say you even a Christian, then. For shame.
                  Ecclesiastes 4:5 The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by -True Christian- View Post
                    I was talking about you and the majority of people here.

How can ideologies like this even survive, let alone exist?

If even that I do agree that some of the rappers out there are misguided, that does not give you the right to
                    righteously and indignantly, even BLINDLY impose the most wrong of your Biased beliefs on them. Nor do I agree with them. Music has meaning. All Music. And in case you hadn't noticed, Britney Spears isn't exactly the most "pure person" out there.

Say you even a Christian, then. For shame.
                    My apologies. Your American is somewhat difficult to understand.

Are you a nigra? My grasp of the negroidial dialects is rather poor.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
                      My apologies. Your American is somewhat difficult to understand.
                      It's the lips, Brother Smyth:

His native language is coon, and he just can't wrap those flappers around American.
                      The Honorable HTannor (Pro NRA, Anti-Homer Marriage), Judge, Freehold Supreme Court

"Credo elvem etiam vivere"

Comment

I am thrilled that this horrendous genre of "music" is finally on the wane. One of my grandsons was listening to that garbage on his iBerry and I was truly shocked. After striking the boy, I immediately threw his Berrypod in the garbage disposal. The little demon was also wearing his pants around his ankles like those savages on the absolutely horrifying music videos! I've placed him in my prayer closet with the HOLYBIBLE and have him listening to Pat Boone. That's a talent a boy needs to be exposed to! Hopefully my prayers will prevent him from fornicating with one of those morbidly obese jungle women!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristKev View Post
                          I am thrilled that this horrendous genre of "music" is finally on the wane. One of my grandsons was listening to that garbage on his iBerry and I was truly shocked. After striking the boy, I immediately threw his Berrypod in the garbage disposal. The little demon was also wearing his pants around his ankles like those savages on the absolutely horrifying music videos! I've placed him in my prayer closet with the HOLYBIBLE and have him listening to Pat Boone. That's a talent a boy needs to be exposed to! Hopefully my prayers will prevent him from fornicating with one of those morbidly obese jungle women!
                          Good move, Brother CK. Locking your uppity teenager inside a prayer closet where he can spend some quality time listening to Pat Boone will no doubt get his attention. However, it might not be enough

Which is why I'd also like to tell you about a service my corporation offers. Not long ago, we bought out a company called New Horizons which has become quite famous for running rehabilitative Jesus boot camps. These camps are so wonderful that one young lady even published a book about it.

Jesus Land: A Memoir

These camps are great places for troubled youths who have been lead astray by the demon rap music, marijuana, sex and other Satanic liberal temptations being promoted by Obama. Conveniently located in the Dominican Republic - far away from nosy do-gooder guvmint bureaucrats and investigative reporters - your child can receive a merciless religious education. Back in the Dark Ages, wayward youths were sent to monasteries, but at New Horizons we are far more advanced and only use modern methods of persuasion which we've tested out thoroughly at Guantanamo Bay. Things like sensory deprivation, electro-shocks, mind-altering drugs, etc. No matter what your son might believe now, I can assure you that we'll have him believing in Jesus in no time at all. A couple of months in our camp and he won't ever dare to touch a rap music CD again.

As a member of LandOverBaptist, you are eligible for a 10% discount. I hope that you'll take advantage of this fantastic offer, and recommend us to your friends.
                          Praise Jesus!
                          Brother Fred
                          CEO, The Uranus Corporation
                          Put your faith in Uranus!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Free Market Fred View Post
                            Good move, Brother CK. Locking your uppity teenager inside a prayer closet where he can spend some quality time listening to Pat Boone will no doubt get his attention. However, it might not be enough

Which is why I'd also like to tell you about a service my corporation offers. Not long ago, we bought out a company called New Horizons which has become quite famous for running rehabilitative Jesus boot camps. These camps are so wonderful that one young lady even published a book about it.

Jesus Land: A Memoir

These camps are great places for troubled youths who have been lead astray by the demon rap music, marijuana, sex and other Satanic liberal temptations being promoted by Obama. Conveniently located in the Dominican Republic - far away from nosy do-gooder guvmint bureaucrats and investigative reporters - your child can receive a merciless religious education. Back in the Dark Ages, wayward youths were sent to monasteries, but at New Horizons we are far more advanced and only use modern methods of persuasion which we've tested out thoroughly at Guantanamo Bay. Things like sensory deprivation, electro-shocks, mind-altering drugs, etc. No matter what your son might believe now, I can assure you that we'll have him believing in Jesus in no time at all. A couple of months in our camp and he won't ever dare to touch a rap music CD again.

As a member of LandOverBaptist, you are eligible for a 10% discount. I hope that you'll take advantage of this fantastic offer, and recommend us to your friends.
                            This is what happens when you allow multiculturalism.
                            That poor Christian girl has obviously had her pie stolen by that "other" child.

Sister Talitha

Markswoman, Circumcisionist, Platinum Tither.

HE took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha Cumi; which is,
                            being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise!...Mark 5:41

Comment

In the title of this thread, Negro Rap "Music" Sales Plummet, you put the word "Music" in quotation marks. Are you implying that Rap isn't music?
                              John 1:1
                              In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Comment

Working...
                              X