X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ten Commandments and their Punishments

Originally posted by Britten123 View Post
    Thank you so much pastor for reminding me that I should murder anyone and their family, friends, animals and entire city/race with any other God than our own...
    It's not murder if God tells you to do it, it's righteous killing.

...Also thanks so much for the extra detail that the VIRGIN women should be spared...
    FTFY.

Why not make an introduction thread here? Please be careful to follow the instructions at the top of every page there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Rune Enoe View Post
      It has come to my attention that not only are many of our members unable to correctly recite all of The Ten Commandments, but those who can remember even a few, invariably get the sequence wrong.

Let me set the record straight: The commandments do not come in a random sequence. With the exception of the 7th Commandment -- an obvious anomaly -- the Commandments appear in order of severity. The harsher the punishment, the closer to the top.

I hope this handy color chart will make the intrinsic beauty of God's word more comprehensible to all:

CommandmentAlert LevelPunishment
      1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.SevereGenocide. Entire cities with men, women, children and animals must be killed. (Deuteronomy 2:33-34_Numbers 21:34-35_1 Samuel 15:2-3_Joshua 6:21_Joshua 10:40) In some cases you can keep the girls alive for raping. (Numbers 31:15-18)
      The LORD is always clear in identifying the consequences of dismissing His authority.

JUDGES 18:6-9 KJV The priest said unto them, Go in peace: before the LORD is your way wherein ye go. Then the five men departed, and came to Laish, and saw the people that were therein, how they dwelt careless, after the manner of the Zidonians, quiet and secure; and there was no magistrate in the land, that might put them to shame in any thing; and they were far from the Zidonians, and had no business with any man. And they came unto their brethren to Zorah and Eshtaol: and their brethren said unto them, What say ye? And they said, Arise, that we may go up against them: for we have seen the land, and, behold, it is very good: and are ye still? be not slothful to go, and to enter to possess the land.

Doesn't that remind you of the modern libertarian? It does me. An ideal where there is no authority other than liberties we decide upon ourselves. And in such a world, they tell us, where is there any rôle for God? His commandments are meaningless and He is meaningless too.

Rejecting God is the same as worshipping a false god and luxurious sloth never goes unpunished. The Zidonians were annihilated.

These days all sorts of weirdos are invoking new idols such as fashion or pop psychology or neopagan sex orgies and I'll just post one example from each:

FashionPop psychologyNeopagan sex orgy
      The Kaiser ??Marry Heaven & Hell ??Liberating sensuality !!
      chart hyperlinked

The Kaiser. Derived from Caesar, archetypal populist god. To dote on his pronouncements was to worship him and God dealt the hammer blow to ancient Rome. Over centuries the word persisted and here we have it applied to some fashion guru whose designs although considered sensitive I suppose are worn by the very acme of decay. Living careless lives, wallowing in their self regulated society governed by secular values just like the Zidonians but God says NO.

The Doors of Perception. Aldous Huxley wrote: In the inner world there is neither work nor monotony. We visit it only in dreams and musings, and its strangeness is such that we never find the same world on two successive occasions. What wonder, then, if human beings in their search for the divine have generally preferred to look within! Generally, but not always. In their art no less than in their religion, the Taoists and the Zen Buddhists looked beyond visions to the Void, and through the Void at "the ten thousand things" of objective reality. Because of their doctrine of the Word made flesh, Christians should have been able, from the first, to adopt a similar attitude towards the universe around them. But because of the doctrine of the Fall, they found it very hard to do so. As recently as three hundred years ago an expression of thoroughgoing world denial and even world condemnation was both orthodox and comprehensible. "We should feel wonder at nothing at all in Nature except only the Incarnation of Christ." In the seventeenth century, Lallemant's phrase seemed to make sense. Today it has the ring of madness. source

The Senses. From Blake to Picasso, from hellfire clubs to Huxley and beyond embracing the senses is NOT what God has ever advised indeed He is particularly severe in His responses where lust is concerned. Godlessness leads to sensuality and living for enjoyment, as announced by Friedrich Nietzsche in his God-Is-Dead delusion. Some of the more idolised pronouncements are linked [(chart) ABOVE] and it will suffice to mention one of them here to show what comes from heeding decrees of the new idolators just as in Laish all those years ago.

Nietzsche: It was Christianity, with its heartfelt resentment against life, that first made something unclean of sexuality: it threw filth on the origin, on the essential fact of our life.. context

Comment

Nietzsche: It was Christianity, with its heartfelt resentment against life, that first made something unclean of sexuality: it threw filth on the origin, on the essential fact of our life..
        No. It was the need for health.

God did not know what caused V.D. so the priests made up a whole lot of stuff to slow it down. A bit. Not much. If at all. But now we do know and have set in place health spas where, with steps to make it all safe, the old ways are seen as or in fact are crimes.

Sex is not a false god: your claim falls flat

So wed whom you may, the need for "old school" views has gone pfut and with it the false god of a false church and all the big job false priests. Does that mean there is no God at all? Some say "yes" some say "no" some have big eyes and look at you as though they see the whole world! where in fact all they see is wind and the void.
        Proverbs 20:23 Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.

Comment

You don't have the right to forgive if the judgement is the Lords. One can't keep the ten commandments and disregard the rest. For instance "Thou shall not murder", one couldn't define murder by the latest dictionary. It is defined in many other laws that follow. There is a decent codification of God's Laws in PDF format here <<<link to a non-Biblical reference removed by moderator>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Ben3578 View Post
            ...There is a decent codification of God's Laws in PDF format here <<<link to a non-Biblical reference removed by moderator>>>
            The only "codification of God's laws" that's relevant here is the King James Bible.

Please restrict your citations to it, and it alone. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben3578 View Post
              You don't have the right to forgive if the judgement is the Lords. One can't keep the ten commandments and disregard the rest. For instance "Thou shall not murder", one couldn't define murder by the latest dictionary. It is defined in many other laws that follow. There is a decent codification of God's Laws in PDF format here <<<link to a non-Biblical reference removed by moderator>>>
              Welcome to our friendly, God-loving Web site! Please visit our introductory forum and start a thread to introduce yourself. We can't wait to hear all about your relationship with Jesus Christ!
              WARNING:
              In accordance with article 7 of the Swaggart Amendment to the Landover Baptist Church Constitution, you are hereby notified that this forum user is a
              REGISTERED SPIRITUAL PREDATOR, and prohibited from sending or receiving personal messages, text messages, or instant messages to forum users below the rank of True Christian™. This user is further prohibited from engaging with any persons in real-time audio or video "chats" via Web cams, Skype, Facetime, or any other Internet audio/video technology or service.

Comment

Let me set the record straight: The commandments do not come in a random sequence. With the exception of the 7th Commandment -- an obvious anomaly -- the Commandments appear in order of severity. The harsher the punishment, the closer to the top.

I hope this handy color chart will make the intrinsic beauty of God's word more comprehensible to all:

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.SevereGenocide. Entire cities with men, women, children and animals must be killed. (Deuteronomy 2:33-34, Numbers 21:34-35, 1 Samuel 15:2-3, Joshua 6:21. Joshua 10:40) In some cases you can keep the girls alive for raping. (Numbers 31:15-18)
                2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven imageSevereGenocide. Entire cities with men, women, children and animals must be killed. (See above.)
                3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain;HighCapital punishment (Leviticus 24:16, Deuteronomy 18:20, Mark 3:28-29)
                4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.HighCapital punishment (Exodus 31:14, Exodus 31:15, Exodus 35:2 Numbers 15:32)
                5. Honour thy father and thy mother:HighCapital punishment (Exodus 21:15, Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9)
                7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.HighCapital punishment (Leviticus 20:10)
                6. Thou shalt not kill.ElevatedCapital punishment in some cases (For killing Cain, yes, for killing Abel, no: Genesis 4:15).
                8. Thou shalt not steal.GuardedExcessive fines or slavery: (Exodus 22:1-3). Only in rare cases such as stealing slaves, capital punishment (Exodus 21:16). Thieves caught in the night are to be executed (Exodus 22:1-3)
                9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.LowDespisement and scorn (Proverbs 12:8)
                10. Thou shalt not covet . . .LowDespisement and scorn (Romans 7:7-8)
                This is an excellent analysis of the Ten Commandments. Over 250 posts later, the unsaved were not able to refute the crystal clear evidence provided by Pastor Rune Enoe!
                God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                True Christians are Perfect!
                True Christian™ Love.
                Salvation™ made Easy!
                You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                God HATES Rational Thinking!
                True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                  This is an excellent analysis of the Ten Commandments. Over 250 posts later, the unsaved were not able to refute the crystal clear evidence provided by Pastor Rune Enoe!
                  Amen! For TEN YEARS atheists have sent their best to refute the authority of the LORD and have failed each and every time!
                  Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Brethren and Sistren

It has come to my attention that not only are many of our members unable to correctly recite all of The Ten Commandments, but those who can remember even a few, invariably get the sequence wrong.

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.SevereGenocide. Entire cities with men, women, children and animals must be killed. (Deuteronomy 2:33-34, Numbers 21:34-35, 1 Samuel 15:2-3, Joshua 6:21. Joshua 10:40) In some cases you can keep the girls alive for raping. (Numbers 31:15-18)
                    2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven imageSevereGenocide. Entire cities with men, women, children and animals must be killed. (See above.)
                    3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain;HighCapital punishment (Leviticus 24:16, Deuteronomy 18:20, Mark 3:28-29)
                    4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.HighCapital punishment (Exodus 31:14, Exodus 31:15, Exodus 35:2 Numbers 15:32)
                    5. Honour thy father and thy mother:HighCapital punishment (Exodus 21:15, Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9)
                    7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.HighCapital punishment (Leviticus 20:10)
                    6. Thou shalt not kill.ElevatedCapital punishment in some cases (For killing Cain, yes, for killing Abel, no: Genesis 4:15).
                    8. Thou shalt not steal.GuardedExcessive fines or slavery: (Exodus 22:1-3). Only in rare cases such as stealing slaves, capital punishment (Exodus 21:16). Thieves caught in the night are to be executed (Exodus 22:1-3)
                    9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.LowDespisement and scorn (Proverbs 12:8)
                    10. Thou shalt not covet . . .LowDespisement and scorn (Romans 7:7-8)

First where do you get your balls, rearranging the order these were intended to be in? Second Its obvious, based on your rearrangement that your wife 'played away' on you, and you are seeking justification to kill them both.
                    Sorry Pastor, the order stays the way it is, and always was. God Bless You, This is the way.
                    I have spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Michat Bouny View Post
                      First where do you get your balls, rearranging the order these were intended to be in? Second Its obvious, based on your rearrangement that your wife 'played away' on you, and you are seeking justification to kill them both.
                      Sorry Pastor, the order stays the way it is, and always was. God Bless You, This is the way.
                      I have spoken.
                      Hello! And welcome to the friendliest forum on the internet! You seem a bit confused, dear. Perhaps it will make more sense to you when you understand the order is in severity of the crime, not where it appears in the Bible, dear.

Perhaps your care-giver can explain to you how categories and lists work! For example, you might categorize your medication based on color or on size, and your doctor might list them according to most important. I hope that helps, dear.

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
                        Hello! And welcome to the friendliest forum on the internet! You seem a bit confused, dear. Perhaps it will make more sense to you when you understand the order is in severity of the crime, not where it appears in the Bible, dear.

Perhaps your care-giver can explain to you how categories and lists work! For example, you might categorize your medication based on color or on size, and your doctor might list them according to most important. I hope that helps, dear.

My dearest Mary,

In regards to your PM: Drop dead madam.
                        You and your friends are the frightening sect of religious people, commonly known as fanatics. The rest of the religious community is ashamed and embarrassed at your existence. We constantly find ourselves apologizing for your 'kind'. You are misguided,unstable and unhealthy. Good Luck fatso. God Bless

Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt,
                        that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
                        Colossians 4:6

-------

Comment

Originally posted by Michat Bouny View Post
                          ...You are misguided...
                          Though they're the ones who are following the book you base your religion on? If you want to claim that they aren't, please cite the specific book/chapter/verse that you don't understand.

...unstable and unhealthy...
                          I'm not arguing that.

...Good Luck fatso...

Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt...
                          :golfclap:

Comment

Working...
                          X