X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: burn the Devil's Bible!

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    Technically, the text of that Bible itself has not been edited in any way. Just look at your Bible: unless you possess some really ancient edition, your Bible probably has a lot of "additional stuff" such as: title pages, table of content, maybe an index, glossary and even some maps. Does this additional stuff make your Bible controversial/wrong?
    Goodie, another atheist word game player.

Seriously does any atheist get over the mental age of 5?
    Drama queen

Comment

Technically, the text of that Bible itself has not been edited in any way. Just look at your Bible: unless you possess some really ancient edition, your Bible probably has a lot of "additional stuff" such as: title pages, table of content, maybe an index, glossary and even some maps. Does this additional stuff make your Bible controversial/wrong?
      Please, let's not be silly. Title pages, table of content, index, glossary and maps are not confused with Scripture, given by inspiration of God, and therefore is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16). What has been added by the Roman cult and eastern orthodox cult are significant and troubling. The Roman cult has added at least seven books (Judith, Tobit, 1 & 2 Maccabees, Wisdom, Baruch, and Ecclesiasticus), and the Orthodox don't even agree among themselves! The Eastern Orthodox add more books than the papists (3 Esdras, 4 Esdras, 3 Maccabees, 4 Maccabees, and Psalm 151). The Syrian Orthodox include more still (2 Baruch with the Letter of Baruch, Psalms 152-155l). The Ethiopian Orthodox have even weirder books (including Ser`atä Seyon, Te'ezaz,Gessew, Abtelis, I Covenant, II Covenant, Ethiopic Clement, and Ethiopic Didascaliain)!

These aren't maps, dear! These are crazy scribbling done by mad men throughout time, convinced by deluded, retarded desert and cave dwellers to have been Scriptural! These are things they teach their children is the Word of God, and it's not. It is the word of Satan, pulling each and every little child down into the depths of Hell! So please, while you are here at Landover Baptist Forum, please do not contribute to the lie that suggests the catholic and orthodox Bibles are Christian. They are NOT.
      Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

I don't like any "extras" in my Bible. It's not like a Director's Cut of 'Big Mama's House' or something. The folks who put together the KJV didn't do it overnight or haphazardly. It was made to stand the test of time. The other books are not authorized and often come from a totally different time periods that are far removed from accepted scriptural cannon. I won't bother to go into details here, but it's easy enough to look into it for yourselves if you choose to do so. The short answer is stick to the KJV and you won't go wrong--use other translations at your own peril--and by peril I mean better safe than sorry!

Comment

I learn something new every day on this enlightening forum. The posts above have inspired me to look up the differences between the Catholic and KJB versions, and I was able to confirm that KJB does include three books not included in the Catholic version. Thanks for your patience teaching helpless ignorants like me
          God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
          True Christians are Perfect!
          True Christian™ Love.
          Salvation™ made Easy!
          You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
          Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
          Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
          Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
          Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
          The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
          Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
          God HATES Rational Thinking!
          True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

I learn something new every day on this enlightening forum. The posts above have inspired me to look up the differences between the Catholic and KJB versions, and I was able to confirm that KJB does include three books not included in the Catholic version. Thanks for your patience teaching helpless ignorants like me
            Does that surprise you to learn the catholics add and delete Holy Scripture at will? They do that to lend false support to their sacramental rituals, and false-teachings. Ultimately, they'll do whatever it takes to dupe innocent souls into giving them money, and of course, access to their young boys. It really is a shame that their whole entire institution isn't rendered criminal, and their CEO locked up in prison for the rest of his miserable life.
            Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
              Does that surprise you to learn the catholics add and delete Holy Scripture at will? They do that to lend false support to their sacramental rituals, and false-teachings. Ultimately, they'll do whatever it takes to dupe innocent souls into giving them money, and of course, access to their young boys.
              ... And all of the above is just the tip of the iceberg of everything that is wrong with the Catholic church!!

My favorite LBC sermons:
              True Christian™ Love.
              Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

... And all of the above is just the tip of the iceberg of everything that is wrong with the Catholic church!!
                We have a whole section on why catholics aren't Christian.

Basically how the catholic church got started is by putting christian names and trapings on Roman paganism.
                Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
                  We have a whole section on why catholics aren't Christian.
                  I've seen it already, thanks.

Going back to the contents of the Bible. I have just discovered that those books that were not included in Catholic editions, only in KJV, have been since purged from the new versions of KJV as well! These three texts (1 Esdras, 2 Esdras, and Prayer of Manasses) were included in 1611 version of KJV in the Apocrypha section, which has been deleted from more recent editions of KJV! What a mess! Now I finally understand why the Landover Church insists on using the 1611 version and no other! You have great leaders!

My favorite LBC sermons:
                  True Christian™ Love.
                  Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

I've seen it already, thanks.

Going back to the contents of the Bible. I have just discovered that those books that were not included in Catholic editions, only in KJV, have been since purged from the new versions of KJV as well! These three texts (1 Esdras, 2 Esdras, and Prayer of Manasses) were included in 1611 version of KJV in the Apocrypha section, which has been deleted from more recent editions of KJV! What a mess! Now I finally understand why the Landover Church insists on using the 1611 version and no other! You have great leaders!
                    Of course.
                    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Viking View Post
                      The Devil's Bible was written by Satan through a monk in Czechoslovakia, who sold his soul to him. It was taken to Godless Sweden during a war, and has been there ever since. God Himself tried to burn it in 1697, but the Godless Swiss saved it by throwing it out of the window.

Are you implying that God isn't almighty or has failed to do something?

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Viking View Post
                        The Devil's Bible was written by Satan through a monk in Czechoslovakia, who sold his soul to him. It was taken to Godless Sweden during a war, and has been there ever since. God Himself tried to burn it in 1697, but the Godless Swiss saved it by throwing it out of the window. It is kept at the National Library of Sweden and they protect it as an "amazing" historical object that you cant even touch, let alone burn it. I think that we should burn the Devil's Bible, just think of it, it would be the greatest book burning of all time. The Devil's Bible is the most evil and unholy book in the world and is most likely what Godless Sweden forms their society after. That its an old, unique, mysterious, gigantic and extremely heavy book with alot of mystery and history surrounding it does not change the fact that its a work of Satan. It has to be destroyed once and for all!
                        If infact this book is 'the work of the devil and must be burned' Why does it have pages that describe how to expel demons via "Conjuration" (to drive out demons before they took hold) Codex Gigas, page 290.."Conjuration cures for dangerous illnesses" preformed by a priest, standing over the sick disciple, makes signs of the cross, dares to address demons by 'name' calling out their latin titles. Bellows stories of Jesus, the angels and Disciples. He orders evil temptation to leave the afflicted servant of God. Praying for the damned to be redeemed. (The above paraphrased from the linked video) Yup, looks like the work of the 'devil' to me. He's a tricky one, telling 'us' how to defeat him. Please people, if you're going to call something 'the work of the devil' at least get your facts straight? I mean you link the video that says through that it seemed to be the work of a Monk trying to atone, but ofcourse it's got the word 'devil' in the title IT MUST BE EVIL! (rolls eyes) Anyway..as for 'Godless Sweden' seems strange for the 'King' at the time to get the Codex, and suddenly convert to Catholicism and head for Rome, yes this is surely the work of the devil. Ofcourse 'legend' says someone tossed it out a window, and we all know how legends are made. Though, there seems to be no 'burning' that the book should have *hrms* very interesting huh? For wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; discretion will watch over you, understanding will guard you, Proverbs 2:10-11

Comment

Originally posted by Heinrich Kramer View Post
                          If infact this book is 'the work of the devil and must be burned' Why does it have pages that describe how to expel demons via "Conjuration" (to drive out demons before they took hold) Codex Gigas, page 290.."Conjuration cures for dangerous illnesses" preformed by a priest, standing over the sick disciple, makes signs of the cross, dares to address demons by 'name' calling out their latin titles. Bellows stories of Jesus, the angels and Disciples. He orders evil temptation to leave the afflicted servant of God. Praying for the damned to be redeemed. (The above paraphrased from the linked video) Yup, looks like the work of the 'devil' to me. He's a tricky one, telling 'us' how to defeat him. Please people, if you're going to call something 'the work of the devil' at least get your facts straight? I mean you link the video that says through that it seemed to be the work of a Monk trying to atone, but ofcourse it's got the word 'devil' in the title IT MUST BE EVIL! (rolls eyes) Anyway..as for 'Godless Sweden' seems strange for the 'King' at the time to get the Codex, and suddenly convert to Catholicism and head for Rome, yes this is surely the work of the devil. Ofcourse 'legend' says someone tossed it out a window, and we all know how legends are made. Though, there seems to be no 'burning' that the book should have *hrms* very interesting huh? For wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; discretion will watch over you, understanding will guard you, Proverbs 2:10-11
                          What PERVersion of the Bible are you using, friend? We use the KJV Bible here exclusively.

Aslo, please make your way to the Introduction Forum and tell us about yourself and your walk with Jesus. We want to get to know you!

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
                            What PERVersion of the Bible are you using, friend? We use the KJV Bible here exclusively.

Aslo, please make your way to the Introduction Forum and tell us about yourself and your walk with Jesus. We want to get to know you!

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
                            When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee: As every bible is a PERVersion of the direct 'Word of God' does it really matter which one is quoted from? Each book has been touched by 'man' which is flawed by nature. Through those given flaws, the 'perfect word' is interrupted and translated into what the transcriber things the 'Word' means. So, thus no Bible is correct, and by nature all flawed.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinrich Kramer View Post
                              blah blah blah
                              Where is your introduction thread?

YiC,

Zech
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X