X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nightshade Lehr
    Unsaved trash
     
    • Dec 2009
    • 26

    #16
    Re: My introduction

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    Why do you answer questions with questions?

    Queers do that you know.
    I was simply trying to clarify the reason for asking if I was with the NSA. Asking why Animal Mother was asking me that question has nothing to do with homosexuality in any way.

    Comment

    • Animal Mother
      Unsaved trash, suspected foreigner
      • Dec 2009
      • 57

      #17
      Re: My introduction

      Well, in any case, you said you were here for intelligent discussion. I'll remind you it's not a debate forum because the staff here really enforce that rule.

      Comment

      • Aristotle
        On the straight and narrow path to Heaven.
        True Christian™
        • Nov 2009
        • 470

        #18
        Why here?

        Originally posted by Nightshade Lehr View Post
        I was simply trying to clarify the reason for asking if I was with the NSA. Asking why Animal Mother was asking me that question has nothing to do with homosexuality in any way.
        So why do you wish to post on the Landover Baptist website? Have you looked at the website and the various sermons posted there? Why should members not consider you some liberal atheist Muslim like Obama? Do you work for the government?

        Comment

        • Nightshade Lehr
          Unsaved trash
           
          • Dec 2009
          • 26

          #19
          Re: Why here?

          Originally posted by Aristotle View Post
          So why do you wish to post on the Landover Baptist website? Have you looked at the website and the various sermons posted there? Why should members not consider you some liberal atheist Muslim like Obama? Do you work for the government?
          I've already stated my reason for posting here so I don't feel I should have to repeat myself. I am also not a "liberal atheist Muslim" as you put it. As you may not know, that is a contradiction but I'll let that slide. For your future reference though, an atheist cannot be a Muslim at the same time. If you can show evidence otherwise then please direct me to it. As for working for the government, you are the second one to ask me that question so please refer to my previous post here concerning that.

          Comment

          • Gabriel Reproba
            Head Attorney of Landover's Legal Team
            The Most Honest Lawyer in America
            True Christian™
            • Nov 2009
            • 2479

            #20
            Re: Why here?

            Originally posted by Nightshade Lehr View Post
            I've already stated my reason for posting here so I don't feel I should have to repeat myself.
            You said "My reasons are my own but if you must know it is not to offend people but to engage in intelligent discussion."

            Define "intelligent" and "discussion" as you are using them above. Also define "God" while you are at it.
            Yours In Christ,

            Gabriel Reproba, Esq. (Lawyer for the Lord)

            Further reading to help you become a True Christian™

            Stoning Sinners: A How-To Guide
            Scientific Study: Bible is NOT "All About Love"
            The One Sin Jesus Says He Won't EVER Forgive!
            Should we only follow SOME of the Bible?
            How will YOU sacrifice your kids?
            20 Questions To See If Your Son Is A Fag
            God: Dress Like A Whore...Get Raped!
            Bible: If You Love Your Wife, Beat Her!
            Logic and Bible Agree: Gay is a choice!
            Nursery Rhymes Teach kids that Christ is Lord!
            There is no such thing as an "agnostic!"
            Science: People are Only Islamic Because They are Depressed!

            Reading only the parts of the Bible your pastor tells you to (those that make you feel warm and fuzzy) is nothing but mental and spiritual masturbation. Read the WHOLE Bible to find out what Christianity is REALLY all about! Only then can you talk to us about why we try so hard to save people from Hell.

            Comment

            • Nightshade Lehr
              Unsaved trash
               
              • Dec 2009
              • 26

              #21
              Re: Why here?

              Originally posted by Gabriel Reproba View Post
              You said "My reasons are my own but if you must know it is not to offend people but to engage in intelligent discussion."

              Define "intelligent" and "discussion" as you are using them above. Also define "God" while you are at it.
              I would think that the definition would be fairly self-explanatory but I will try to define my meaning as best as I can. I would define "intelligent discussion" as speaking, or in this case writing, in a manner which uses clear English and uses reason and critical thinking. It's about basing what you say on facts. It's about not making a knee-jerk reaction and immediately attacking someone simply because they have stated that they do not attend church, or rather your church specifically. In two days I have been accused of being homosexual, a Muslim, an atheist, and also have been asked why I hate Jesus. These are ridiculous accusations and are not based on any kind of evidence save for that I said I do not attend church. I have answered the questions satisfactorily and without any form of insult, which is more than I can say for certain others who have posted in this thread.

              On the subject of God, I could not define him since I do not believe in him. What could I possibly base a definition on under that circumstance? I am of course interested in how you would define God.

              Comment

              • Gabriel Reproba
                Head Attorney of Landover's Legal Team
                The Most Honest Lawyer in America
                True Christian™
                • Nov 2009
                • 2479

                #22
                Re: Why here?

                First you say...

                Originally posted by Nightshade Lehr View Post
                ...uses reason and critical thinking
                THEN you say...

                In two days I have been accused of being homosexual...
                If you used your precious critical thinking skills, you would realize that you were never accused of being a homosexual. You were asked if you were one.

                Now why should I be lectured on critical thinking and reasoning by someone who can't even distinguish between the two?


                On the subject of God, I could not define him since I do not believe in him. What could I possibly base a definition on under that circumstance? I am of course interested in how you would define God.
                What a cop out with MORE logical errors:

                1) If you can not define God, how can you say you don't believe in him? If you were so smart, then when we ask "Do you believe in God?" you would say "I'm sorry. I don't understand the question."

                2) I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you don't believe in unicorns either. (Even though the Bible says that those exist, too.) Now are you going to tell me that you can't define "unicorn" either? I think you are just trying to be difficult. You can define God but you tell us that you can not to make yourself feel better. Why do you hate God so much that you want to pretend that you can't even come up with a definition of God?
                Yours In Christ,

                Gabriel Reproba, Esq. (Lawyer for the Lord)

                Further reading to help you become a True Christian™

                Stoning Sinners: A How-To Guide
                Scientific Study: Bible is NOT "All About Love"
                The One Sin Jesus Says He Won't EVER Forgive!
                Should we only follow SOME of the Bible?
                How will YOU sacrifice your kids?
                20 Questions To See If Your Son Is A Fag
                God: Dress Like A Whore...Get Raped!
                Bible: If You Love Your Wife, Beat Her!
                Logic and Bible Agree: Gay is a choice!
                Nursery Rhymes Teach kids that Christ is Lord!
                There is no such thing as an "agnostic!"
                Science: People are Only Islamic Because They are Depressed!

                Reading only the parts of the Bible your pastor tells you to (those that make you feel warm and fuzzy) is nothing but mental and spiritual masturbation. Read the WHOLE Bible to find out what Christianity is REALLY all about! Only then can you talk to us about why we try so hard to save people from Hell.

                Comment

                • Vavoline Johnson
                  Mammy
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 960

                  #23
                  Re: My introduction

                  Originally posted by Nightshade Lehr View Post
                  I might also add that my name is not a euphemism. It is simply two words that when put together make an interesting name.
                  In yo opinion.....not nobody elses!
                  Everybodys Blested Ole Mammy

                  Comment

                  • James Hutchins
                    True Christian™
                    Just a Regular Nice Guy
                     
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 29457

                    #24
                    Re: My introduction

                    Originally posted by Nightshade Lehr View Post
                    I was simply trying to clarify the reason for asking if I was with the NSA. Asking why Animal Mother was asking me that question has nothing to do with homosexuality in any way.
                    Something here does not make sense to me. As everyone knows (and I am positive you agree) Homos are that way by choice. Because they choose to be fudge packers, they should be aware of all the ins and outs of being a faggot. So why do you flash your gayness and then attempt to act like nothing happened. I can see in your words you are eying Brother Gabriel....
                    Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                    Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                    Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                    Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                    Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                    Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

                    Comment

                    • Vavoline Johnson
                      Mammy
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 960

                      #25
                      Re: Why here?

                      Originally posted by Nightshade Lehr View Post
                      On the subject of God, I could not define him since I do not believe in him.
                      Well, he don't believe in you neither!
                      In two days I have been accused of being homosexual, a Muslim, an atheist,
                      You fo-got Hindi and Buptist, too.
                      Well, which one is you or is you all of them?
                      Everybodys Blested Ole Mammy

                      Comment

                      • Nightshade Lehr
                        Unsaved trash
                         
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 26

                        #26
                        Re: Why here?

                        If you used your precious critical thinking skills, you would realize that you were never accused of being a homosexual. You were asked if you were one.

                        Now why should I be lectured on critical thinking and reasoning by someone who can't even distinguish between the two?
                        Fine, I'll grant you that using the word "accusation" may not have been quite correct. However, what I was asked clearly implied that to certain posters their was a reason for asking whether I was homosexual. My point was that their was no evidence to warrant the question being asked in the first place.



                        What a cop out with MORE logical errors:

                        1) If you can not define God, how can you say you don't believe in him? If you were so smart, then when we ask "Do you believe in God?" you would say "I'm sorry. I don't understand the question."
                        I can say that I do not believe in God in the same way that you would say you do not believe in other gods but your own. When asked if I believe in God, I cannot say that I do not understand the question because clearly I do. It is a straightforward question. I do not believe in God.



                        2) I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you don't believe in unicorns either. (Even though the Bible says that those exist, too.) Now are you going to tell me that you can't define "unicorn" either? I think you are just trying to be difficult. You can define God but you tell us that you can not to make yourself feel better. Why do you hate God so much that you want to pretend that you can't even come up with a definition of God?
                        You would be correct in your guess on that point. No, I do not believe in unicorns, even though your Bible says that they do, or at least that they did. As for defining what a unicorn is, I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer. I think we all know what a unicorn is defined as. To you it may be as real as the sun in the sky or the trees in your yard but to the rest of us who don't follow your beliefs it is simply a mythical creature.

                        Also, as I said before, I cannot define God because I do not believe he exists. I cannot base a definition on something that does not exist. This is not to make myself "feel better" as you put it but simply because that is the reality of the situation. You of course have not answered my question as to how you would define God.

                        By the way, I would appreciate it if you didn't accuse me of hating God.

                        Comment

                        • Nightshade Lehr
                          Unsaved trash
                           
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 26

                          #27
                          Re: My introduction

                          Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
                          Something here does not make sense to me. As everyone knows (and I am positive you agree) Homos are that way by choice. Because they choose to be fudge packers, they should be aware of all the ins and outs of being a faggot. So why do you flash your gayness and then attempt to act like nothing happened. I can see in your words you are eying Brother Gabriel....
                          Actually, I do agree that people become homosexual by choice. I on the other hand am not homosexual, I have not been flashing any kind of gayness, nor am I eyeing Gabriel. That's ridiculous and unfounded. Perhaps you could explain why you think these things.

                          Comment

                          • Nightshade Lehr
                            Unsaved trash
                             
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 26

                            #28
                            Re: Why here?

                            You fo-got Hindi and Buptist, too.
                            Well, which one is you or is you all of them?
                            That's a new one. I would have to say none of the above. Oh, by the way, proper grammar is always important.

                            Comment

                            • Gabriel Reproba
                              Head Attorney of Landover's Legal Team
                              The Most Honest Lawyer in America
                              True Christian™
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 2479

                              #29
                              Re: Why here?

                              Originally posted by Nightshade Lehr View Post
                              Fine, I'll grant you that using the word "accusation" may not have been quite correct.
                              Apology accepted.

                              However, what I was asked clearly implied that to certain posters their was a reason for asking whether I was homosexual. My point was that their was no evidence to warrant the question being asked in the first place.
                              Perhaps you don't believe in the word "implied" either? Since you are confusing its definition with that of "infered." You INFERED something that those posters did not IMPLY. Got it?

                              Since when did "are you a homo" become an implication of being a homo? Where I come from it is the second question on standard job applications. You just answer "NO" and move on. Why are you so uptight about this?



                              I can say that I do not believe in God in the same way that you would say you do not believe in other gods but your own. When asked if I believe in God, I cannot say that I do not understand the question because clearly I do. It is a straightforward question. I do not believe in God.
                              I didn't ask why you can say you don't believe in God. Any agent of Satan can say that. I asked why you claim to not be able to define him. Now you say you do not believe in God...even though you don't know what God means? Remind me again why you shouldn't be banned for being some sort of dullard?

                              You would be correct in your guess on that point. No, I do not believe in unicorns, even though your Bible says that they do, or at least that they did. As for defining what a unicorn is, I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer. I think we all know what a unicorn is defined as. To you it may be as real as the sun in the sky or the trees in your yard but to the rest of us who don't follow your beliefs it is simply a mythical creature.
                              So why can't you define God? Are you now chanig your rules from "I can't define somehting I don't believe in" to "I can't define things that I don't think are real....except unicorns." You have heard of the logical fallacy of special pleading, right? If you can't even be internally consistent in your "I can't define things that I don't think are real....except unicorns." statement, why should anyone listen to you?


                              Also, as I said before, I cannot define God because I do not believe he exists. I cannot base a definition on something that does not exist.
                              You JUST said you can define unicorns. You don't think they exist. Why is that different than defining God?

                              Wait... I think i know what's going on here. Pastor Ezekial? Is this you having some "silly atheist logical inconsistencies" fun with us?
                              Yours In Christ,

                              Gabriel Reproba, Esq. (Lawyer for the Lord)

                              Further reading to help you become a True Christian™

                              Stoning Sinners: A How-To Guide
                              Scientific Study: Bible is NOT "All About Love"
                              The One Sin Jesus Says He Won't EVER Forgive!
                              Should we only follow SOME of the Bible?
                              How will YOU sacrifice your kids?
                              20 Questions To See If Your Son Is A Fag
                              God: Dress Like A Whore...Get Raped!
                              Bible: If You Love Your Wife, Beat Her!
                              Logic and Bible Agree: Gay is a choice!
                              Nursery Rhymes Teach kids that Christ is Lord!
                              There is no such thing as an "agnostic!"
                              Science: People are Only Islamic Because They are Depressed!

                              Reading only the parts of the Bible your pastor tells you to (those that make you feel warm and fuzzy) is nothing but mental and spiritual masturbation. Read the WHOLE Bible to find out what Christianity is REALLY all about! Only then can you talk to us about why we try so hard to save people from Hell.

                              Comment

                              • Nightshade Lehr
                                Unsaved trash
                                 
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 26

                                #30
                                Re: Why here?

                                Perhaps you don't believe in the word "implied" either? Since you are confusing its definition with that of "infered." You INFERED something that those posters did not IMPLY. Got it?
                                No, I was correct in my usage. Clearly the question would not have been asked if the poster had not thought there was a reason. By asking the question then it was implied that the poster thought I was homosexual.

                                Why are you so uptight about this?
                                How would you feel if I called you a homosexual with no grounds to base such an accusation on?


                                I didn't ask why you can say you don't believe in God. Any agent of Satan can say that. I asked why you claim to not be able to define him. Now you say you do not believe in God...even though you don't know what God means? Remind me again why you shouldn't be banned for being some sort of dullard?
                                Fine, I'll give you an answer if you like. You ask me to define God. He is simply the deity that Christians, or as you put it "True Christians" worship. You can go ahead and define the rest for me then as I have asked you to do already. However, that does not mean that I believe in who or what you worship.



                                So why can't you define God? Are you now chanig your rules from "I can't define somehting I don't believe in" to "I can't define things that I don't think are real....except unicorns." You have heard of the logical fallacy of special pleading, right? If you can't even be internally consistent in your "I can't define things that I don't think are real....except unicorns." statement, why should anyone listen to you?
                                I never said "I can't define things that I don't think are real....except unicorns." I said a unicorn is a mythical creature which is not real. Your god exists only in your Bible, but that is who you worship. How you define the attributes of God is up to your interpretation of your Bible. It does not mean that I think God exists nor does your Bible by itself prove that. So what can I base any real definition on besides what I've told you here? You tell me how you define God.

                                Comment

                                Working...