X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brother V
    replied
    Re: Hey There

    Originally posted by Octavia View Post

    I am what you guys call a "Liberal Christian" but you said we, as well as atheists, are allowed to join and partake in discussions. I want to give it a shot because why not, right?
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your favorite Bible (KJV1611) verse isn't Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

    Liberal=lukewarm.

    You'd better get ON FIRE for Jesus soon, or you'll be ON FIRE forever!

    YIC
    V

    Leave a comment:


  • Redeemed Papist
    replied
    Re: Hey There

    Originally posted by Octavia View Post
    I think that children can be disciplined in more effective ways than being beaten. I am a psychology major in university, and I've learned the effects of different types of discipline. And slaves, well, what about them? We don't have them anymore. God says we are all equal, and by having slaves we are putting them below us.

    Love your neighbor and all, right?
    Chapter and verse, please.

    Whoops!

    Deuteronomy 7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

    Yep, God definitely saying everyone is equal.

    Leave a comment:


  • Octavia
    replied
    Re: Hey There

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    Please tell us about yourself, your false Christian church, and which parts of the Holy Bible you feel comfortable ignoring.
    Well, since I am in university now I don't technically go to church anymore. this town is very small, but I am part of a christian fellowship run within the university.

    As for information about myself: I am a university student (as said many times) and a musician. I play metal and listen to bands such as "living sacrifice".

    They are a Christian metal band. Here is one of their songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxo6HV1r43Y


    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    Where does it say that in the Holy Bible?

    Deuteronomy 1:16: ". . . judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.” Strangers should not be discriminated against in regards to justice.

    Matt. 19:19: “. . . love thy neighbor as thyself”

    Leave a comment:


  • Bob4God
    replied
    Re: Hey There

    Originally posted by Octavia View Post
    God says we are all equal, and by having slaves we are putting them below us.
    Chapter and verse, please.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Hey There

    Originally posted by Octavia View Post
    And slaves, well, what about them? We don't have them anymore. God says we are all equal, and by having slaves we are putting them below us.
    Where does it say that in the Holy Bible?

    Originally posted by Octavia View Post
    Love your neighbor and all, right?
    None of my neighbors are queers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Octavia
    replied
    Re: Hey There

    Originally posted by Bob4God View Post
    Hello, and welcome, I suppose, to GOD's forum.

    We are here to praise and worship Him, and to take the Bible to the world.

    I suppose that you entirely disregard GOD's instructions for beating children and slaves?

    Unfortunately, we aren't all clones.

    However, we are the next best thing:

    Sheep.
    I think that children can be disciplined in more effective ways than being beaten. I am a psychology major in university, and I've learned the effects of different types of discipline. And slaves, well, what about them? We don't have them anymore. God says we are all equal, and by having slaves we are putting them below us.

    Love your neighbor and all, right?

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Hey There

    Please tell us about yourself, your false Christian church, and which parts of the Holy Bible you feel comfortable ignoring.

    If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

    If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

    You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

    Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bob4God
    replied
    Re: Hey There

    Originally posted by Octavia View Post
    So, I guess there isn't much to say other than that I am a new member here.

    I am what you guys call a "Liberal Christian" but you said we, as well as atheists, are allowed to join and partake in discussions. I want to give it a shot because why not, right?

    I will be sure to respect all beliefs here, and hope that mine are respected as well. Humans all think differently after all. We aren't clones.
    Hello, and welcome, I suppose, to GOD's forum.

    We are here to praise and worship Him, and to take the Bible to the world.

    I suppose that you entirely disregard GOD's instructions for beating children and slaves?

    Unfortunately, we aren't all clones.

    However, we are the next best thing:

    Sheep.

    Leave a comment:


  • Octavia
    started a topic Hey There

    Hey There

    So, I guess there isn't much to say other than that I am a new member here.

    I am what you guys call a "Liberal Christian" but you said we, as well as atheists, are allowed to join and partake in discussions. I want to give it a shot because why not, right?

    I will be sure to respect all beliefs here, and hope that mine are respected as well. Humans all think differently after all. We aren't clones.
Working...