X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Divorced Women to Pastor Jimmy Carter's Baptist Church

Isn't it remarkable how many people with anti Christian beliefs say they are "Christians." Jimmy Carter's church had its chance. It was affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. We at LBC find the Southern Baptists too liberal but they make an honest effort. Not long ago that church dropped its tie to the SBC and went rouge. Five years ago it hired its first black preacher. Now it has hired a divorced woman with children. What next, a statue of Satan on the front lawn?

The sooner we forget entirely Jimmy Carter and Plains, GA, ever existed the better off we will be.

Jimmy Carter’s church appoints first woman pastor | Church & Ministries News (christianpost.com)
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

What a shameful woman. I'll bet she even taught her sons how to make their own sandwiches.
    Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

If I can play "devil's advocate" here, my idea was that clearly this person REJECTS SCRIPTURE (if she's ever read it) constituting an ACT OF REPUDIATION.

Perhaps it's a narrow distinction but there is a difference. For instance, I've read the koran: It's revolting: I utterly reject it. Not only is it factually incorrect insofar as any of its material can be verified, the ethical and moral positions it promotes are vile and repugnant to me. “Why would anyone accept this nonsense?” I wondered. Because it's bellowed in their ears from infancy whether they can read Classical Arabic or not, or even understand modern written Arabic. Under those circumstances, questions of acceptance or rejection never arise. If they DO read it, in whatever language but presumably one they can understand, then they can REPUDIATE the thing they'd previously considered valid. Since I have never considered it valid, there's nothing for me to repudiate so all I can do is REJECT it. Mostly though, they just continue on – not having read it. This pastor I'd assume has read at least SOME of her source material. Either she doesn't understand the words, or does but rearranges them in her mind to make alternative sentences, which she doesn't understand anyway.

Under such circumstances, can what she does be considered "Teaching" I Timothy 2:12-14 since clearly she's not a channel for The Holy Ghost Luke 12:12 whose previous revelations are denied in the situation, as outlined?
      Last edited by MitzaLizalor; 05-20-2024, 02:40 PM. Reason: add comma

Comment

I can't understand this attitude at all. The Bible is God's Instruction Manual. Imagine you were repairing your SUV. The manual says "do this" but you decide it will be "fairer" or "better" to do "that" instead... What do you think is going to happen to your warranty?

It's like that with your soul.
        sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
        Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Working...
        X