View Single Post
(#6)
Old
Unsaved trash, False Christian gook

Shimei is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Shimei is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Shimei is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Shimei is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Shimei is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Atheist fallacies - 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins View Post
How are your studies coming along, friend?

Christ's teachings are so consistent, specific, and unambiguous, it is impossible for there to be any disagreement as to what He meant. That is why there is only one True Christian™ sect. So how could an atheist disagree with two different interpretations of the Gospel? That would be bizarre!

Since no religious text promotes violence (except for the Bible, the Tanakh, the Koran, the Bhagavad Gita, the Holy Books of Thelema, and others) the phrase "Holy War" is practically an oxymormon. When did the Barton Cylinder, for example, ever condone violence? Never that I am aware of.

You are also right to point out, friend, that genocide and baby killing are "Justice" when God does it, whereas cruelty is something entirely different.

You are progressing nicely towards salvation, Shimei.
My studies are going at slow but steady pace. I thank you for asking, but moreso, I am quite excited about what is happening or going to happen soon. I am going to be Baptized in two weeks!

Blind faith fallacy
I love the argument about the laws of nature. How all things work according to certain laws, for example the speed of light. We know here on Earth that light travels a certain distance at a certain speed, but then a giant leap of "Faith" or assumption is stated by saying that light travels at the same rate across the unforeseen universe. And lets not even get into the reason why all things act according to laws, but yet it is ignorance by faith to say that a supreme lawgiver made all things...

Quote:
Appeal to consequences of a belief. According to this fallacy, a proposition must be true because of the adverse consequences if people didn't accept it. When atheists argue that adoption of atheist dogma will speed the progress of science, they commit this fallacy, since even if their assertion were true, it would not disprove the existence of God. On the other hand, we Christians understand the basic reality of human nature that without faith in Christ and adherence to the Holy Bible, people would have no moral compass, and society as we know it would be impossible.
This is a great one Pastor. Yet countries such as Russia and other African settlements are increasingly becoming more religious as they advance. They are advanced and technologically so, and Evangelism is flourishing in these countries. And we only need to look upon the past at the greats, like Bacon, Kepler and Newton and so on... They hadn't an issue with Faith in God and Science.