Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Creation Science
Reload this Page What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity
Creation Science The origins of life and the earth from a creationist (Biblical) perspective.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1)
Old
Pim Pendergast's Avatar
Pim Pendergast Pim Pendergast is offline
PHD - Theophysicist
Saving The Lost With The Truth Of Applied Theoscience
 

Protected by JESUS Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Heaven Bound Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Prayer Warrior Christian Love TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Pancake Dinner Crown of Rejoicing Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Mormon outreach preacher extraordinaire Alternative Facts 

 
Posts: 2,856
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the Lamb's book of life
Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Arrow What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 01-24-2013, 11:38 AM

The Bible is very clear. Only Christians are sane. Everyone else is crazy.

2 Tim 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.


The Holy Spirit, who lives within True Christians™, grants soundness of mind. But madness is the natural state of those who do not have the Holy Spirit, the unsaved.

Eccl 9:3b Yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.

Psychiatry purports to study, diagnose, treat and prevent mental illness – what the Bible calls madness. The Bible tells us that trying to understand madness is a fruitless pursuit.

Eccl 1:17 And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.

Yet secular psychiatrists and psychologists have decided to ignore God’s Word and devote their lives to a lost cause. Life is indeed meaningless when one tries to live without God (Eccl 1:2).

Almost every facet of psychiatry is at odds with God’s Word. Psychiatry uses medicine and science to undermine and attack the Bible. It is not something the Christian should dabble with. Let's look at the following examples.

Psychiatry: Man is a soulless entity, an animal, a chemical cocktail (influenced by evolutionary thinking).
Bible: A man’s soul controls his body.
Eccl 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.
1 Cor 9:27a But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection.
Psychiatry: If you are mentally ill, you are sick; you are absolved of responsibility and guilt.
Bible: Everyone is accountable to God for their actions
2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
Psychiatry: Mental illness is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain.
Bible: Madness is caused chiefly by sin and guilt and in extreme cases exacerbated by demonic possession (more on this below)
.

Psychiatry: Mental illness exists
.
Bible: Madness is not an illness; it is not a sickness caused by your body. It comes from an evil, unbelieving heart.
Eccl 9:3b Yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.

Psychiatry: Mental illness is genetic
.
Bible: Madness is hereditary only in the sense that it is caused by sin and we are all born sinners because we are descended from Adam, the second sinner (Eve was the first)
.
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

Psychiatry: Alleviate the patient's guilt. Tell them what they are suffering is not their fault
.
Bible: We are not to pity or coddle those guilty of sin
.
Deut 19:13 Thine eye shall not pity him, but thou shalt put away the guilt of innocent blood from Israel, that it may go well with thee.

Psychiatry: Drugs/ therapy cure mental illness
.
Bible: The Holy Spirit cures madness
.
2 Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Psychiatry: The diagnosis of your problem comes from within you

Bible: God has diagnosed your problem for you
.
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
Psychiatry: Only trained and certified psychiatrists/ psychologists are qualified to counsel people with mental problems. Pastors and lay persons may give harmful advice.
Bible: Despite all their years of university training, psychologists will never be able to counsel as well as Christians
.
Rom 15:14 And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.

Psychiatry:
Never give advice or moralize

Bible: Give advice and moralize
2 Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
So what causes madness? Chemical imbalances in the brain? Stress? Trauma? Let’s look at what the Bible says.

Deut 27:15, 28 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee.
The Lord shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart.

Zech 12:4 In that day, saith the Lord, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.

God drives people to madness as a punishment for sin. Or sometimes He sends a tormenting spirit to do the work on His behalf. In these cases music may provide temporary relief of symptoms.

1 Sam 16:14-16
14 But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him.
15 And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.
16 Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well.

Note that Saul went mad after God’s sanity-giving Spirit had left him. You can’t be a Christian and suffer from “mental illness.”

Demonic possession, especially by a legion of fallen angels, can cause extreme madness, worse than the typical unbeliever would normally suffer. In these cases, the only cure is by the power of Jesus – not drugs – through the hands of a True Christian™ pastor or exorcist.

Mk 5:1-15
1 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand) and were choked in the sea.
14 And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.
15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.

You might remember the story of how King David feigned madness in front of Achish. This story teaches us another important lesson about madness. If someone is acting crazy, they may just be putting it on. I know here in Australia it’s easy to get welfare if you pretend to have depression or post-traumatic stress disorder. Yes, all unbelievers are mad anyway (Eccl 9:3b), but they may be pretending to be madder than they actually are.

1 Sam 21:10-15
10 And David arose and fled that day for fear of Saul, and went to Achish the king of Gath.
11 And the servants of Achish said unto him, Is not this David the king of the land? did they not sing one to another of him in dances, saying, Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands?
12 And David laid up these words in his heart, and was sore afraid of Achish the king of Gath.
13 And he changed his behaviour before them, and feigned himself mad in their hands, and scrabbled on the doors of the gate, and let his spittle fall down upon his beard.
14 Then said Achish unto his servants, Lo, ye see the man is mad: wherefore then have ye brought him to me?
15 Have I need of mad men, that ye have brought this fellow to play the mad man in my presence? shall this fellow come into my house?

So the causes of madness are:
  • God
  • A tormenting spirit (sent by God)
  • Demonic possession
  • Sin
  • Not having the Holy Spirit living within you
  • Ulterior motives (they may just be faking it)
Those who want to bring psychiatry into the church often use emotionally-charged arguments (because they don’t have any Scriptural ones) against True Christians™. They might say we are putting people’s lives in danger by advising them not to take medication. “What if someone is suicidal?” they might ask. Christians can learn how to deal with suicidal people by looking at how Jesus dealt with Judas Iscariot. Jesus knew Judas would betray Him and then kill himself. But what did Jesus do? Prescribe meds? Offer therapy? No. He was brutally honest. He told Judas the truth, that it would be better for him if he had never been born. Some people just can’t handle the truth, I guess.

Mat 26:20-25
20 Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.
21 And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
22 And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?
23 And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born.
25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

Of course, it is against the sixth commandment to commit suicide. God put it in the Bible twice (Ex 20:13, Deut 5:17), so Jesus probably thought He didn’t need to rehash it here. The penalty for breaking this commandment is the same as for breaking any other commandment: an eternity in the lake of fire. God demands that you keep living however much pain you may be in or however hopeless your situation may be (and for unbelievers it’s pretty hopeless), so that He can send you to hell when He deems it is time to end your earthly suffering and begin your eternal torment.

We often go on about how evolution is a theory in crisis and how more and more scientists are abandoning it. Well, the same is true of psychiatry: it is a science in crisis. Many key figures in the antipsychiatry movement – such as David Cooper, Thomas Szasz and Jeffrey Schaler – are former psychiatrists. We need to stand fast against psychiatry and stick with the Biblical view of madness. After all, not even scientologists, who are dumb enough to believe in aliens, are dumb enough to believe in psychiatry.


Mt 21:42, 44 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes . . . ? And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Find out what the Bible says about: Fortnite: Battle Royale, asexuality, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, babies
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Jeb Stuart Thurmond's Avatar
Jeb Stuart Thurmond Jeb Stuart Thurmond is offline
Didn't write the Bible, just obeys it
 

Public Awareness Medal One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Saved 5 Years Gold Tither Heaven Bound TC Bravery TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Tagging for Jesus Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Hatchet Child Rearing Award Touched by Jesus Alternative Facts 

 
Posts: 5,391
Join Date: Jun 2007
Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 01-24-2013, 09:23 PM

An excellent expose of liberal-bias psychologist/witch doctors. We had one show up here once and even try to debate us - it was over pretty quick.

Also in on the conspiracy are neurologists, (the Bible says brains have nothing to do with human thought, the heart and bowels do the thinking.). Their claims of "mind-influencing drugs/chemicals" and "brain damage" are ridiculous: since death doesn't have the slightest effect on your immortal soul, how can other physical things like lead poisoning or a few bumps on the head do more?


Proud supporter of Anyone But Hillary! REGISTER TO VOTE!
Hey Kids! Find out what happens to children who read Harry Potter!

Got Questions? Use our Search Engine here!

Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Nobar King's Avatar
Nobar King Nobar King is offline
Municipal Code Archivist - Deuteronomy 28:58
Christ's Guardian
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '07 Christian Love Tin Tither Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Hotrodder Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian True Christian Nerd TC Bravery Ex-liberal Ex-Christ-Killer Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Saved 5 Years Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life 20,000 posts Eats the Most Pork True Republican Divorcee Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Early riser Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Grammar Nazi Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Cup of Jesus Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 

 
Posts: 23,609
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mostly on the front porch. Revelation 6:8
Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 01-24-2013, 11:51 PM

Who is to say that your psychiatrist is not crazy?


May you be a blessing to every life you touch.
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Pim Pendergast's Avatar
Pim Pendergast Pim Pendergast is offline
PHD - Theophysicist
Saving The Lost With The Truth Of Applied Theoscience
 

Protected by JESUS Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Heaven Bound Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Prayer Warrior Christian Love TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Pancake Dinner Crown of Rejoicing Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Mormon outreach preacher extraordinaire Alternative Facts 

 
Posts: 2,856
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the Lamb's book of life
Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 01-25-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobar King View Post
Who is to say that your psychiatrist is not crazy?
This is a good point, Brother Nobar. Psychiatrists reject the Bible, so they measure madness with a broken ruler. But even by their own corrupt standards, psychiatrists are more likely to suffer from so-called "mental illness" than the general population. I came across this blog article today.
Quote:
Study after study has shown that psychiatrists have higher rates of mental illness than the general population.

Research published in 2001 revealed that 56% of female psychiatrists have a family history of mental illness, and just over 40% have experienced one themselves – almost twice the rate of other doctors. Undoubtedly as a consequence, psychiatrists have double the rate of suicide of the general population.

Psychiatry is certainly a stressful job, but research has also found that there are higher rates of mental disorder in future psychiatrists, suggesting many go into the profession precisely because of their experiences.
Psychiatrists set themselves up as paragons of mental health, but in reality they are likely crazier than most of their patients. This is the height of hypocrisy. The Pharisees of Jesus' time were also hypocrites. They set themselves up as leaders, telling everyone to trust them and follow them because they knew what they were doing. But Jesus said they were a case of the blind leading the blind.

Mat 15:7-14
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.


It's not a ditch the psychiatrist and his patient are in danger of falling into, but hell itself. Because they reject the Bible and are false teachers, psychiatrists also share with the Pharisees in preventing others from entering the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

God has already set out His diagnosis and cure for madness in His Word. Diagnosis: everyone who sins is mad. Cure: repent. Psychiatrists won't teach you this. They offer an alternative "gospel". They are Pharisees.


Mt 21:42, 44 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes . . . ? And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Find out what the Bible says about: Fortnite: Battle Royale, asexuality, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, babies
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Ezekiel Bathfire's Avatar
Ezekiel Bathfire Ezekiel Bathfire is offline
Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
Christ's Rottweiler
 

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Christian Love Real American™ Tithing Manager Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Scientist™ Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Senior Pastor Teabag Patriot TC Bravery Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Ex-Brit Eats the Most Pork True Republican Ex-eurotrash Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Nuts for JESUS! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch Mower Donald Trump 2016! Anti-sodomy Pastor Ezekiel Aardvark Bathfire Crown of Life Alternative Facts 

 
Posts: 20,494
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toiling selflessly towards Salvation
Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 01-25-2013, 10:36 AM

Demons. The answer's 'demons" They're everywhere. Waiting for a crack in your Armor of God.

Homers, wayward women, disobedient kids, atheists, Catholics, Nigras, socialists, lunatics, the blind, deaf and dumb, the lame, etc., they all chose to take off that Armor - and look what happens - a demon grips the soul!




Ec:7:16: Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?

Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
PleaseKYS's Avatar
PleaseKYS PleaseKYS is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Norway
PleaseKYS is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 11:04 AM

The Bible is very clear. Only Everyone but Christians are sane. Christians else is crazy.
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Elmer G. White's Avatar
Elmer G. White Elmer G. White is offline
Distinguished Professor of Prayer Healing and Creation Zoology (Baraminology)
Victim of atheist scientific persecution
 

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Friend of Jesus Christian Love True Christian™ Touched by Jesus Persecuted Honorary Ex-Eskimo Ex-Scandinavian Ex-eurotrash True Scientist™ 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Doctor Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture Flat Earth Prayer Warrior Ex-Masturbator Tell her once True Christian Caucasian Real American™ Porn Resistant The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts 2014 Witch Hunt Award Mower Mission to Korea Uber Angels Driver Trump of GOD Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! Pancake Dinner Mission to Messico Saved 1 Year Platinum Tither Eats the Most Pork True Heterosexual™ 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory BFF of Jesus Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Crown of Righteousness Alternative Facts True Christian Nerd 

 
Posts: 8,107
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: On a mission in Godless Europistan
Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Love Jesus Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
The Bible is very clear. Only Everyone but Christians are sane. Christians else is crazy.
Dear Sinner,

I won't even attempt to decipher your post that is a clear proof of the veracity of the Bible. The message that your post conveys is a perfect example of the stuff that one of the Great Prophets told us about:

Jeremiah 51:7
Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD'S hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.



Yours in Christ,

Elmer


2 Kings 18:25 Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.



PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
How to teach children FACTS not FICTION! Show them how God CREATES new animals! Make them FEAR God!
Never EVER
allow life support or CPR !
Help me SAVE THE WORLD and find NEW SOLDIERS for Jesus!
Follow my adventures in Godless France: Day 1 (cavities), Day 2 (cat licks), Day 3 (Turd of France), Day 4 (Answered prayers).
Dolphins are 'cute' but they are also HOMOSEXUALS CORRUPTED by SATAN!
The TRUTH about 'homeopathy'.
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
MitzaLizalor's Avatar
MitzaLizalor MitzaLizalor is online now
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus Color wheel Trumpette Anti-sodomy Hands Off 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Stamp of Approval Tagging for Jesus In Love With Zeke BFF of Jesus God's chosen ones Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Grammar Nazi 

 
Posts: 8,662
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leviticus Landing
MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 12:39 PM

She (the shoes?) has probably been reading Foucault.
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
PleaseKYS's Avatar
PleaseKYS PleaseKYS is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Norway
PleaseKYS is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer G. White View Post
Dear Sinner,

I won't even attempt to decipher your post that is a clear proof of the veracity of the Bible. The message that your post conveys is a perfect example of the stuff that one of the Great Prophets told us about:

Jeremiah 51:7
Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD'S hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.



Yours in Christ,

Elmer


Ah sorry. I atempted to make a joke out of a quote at the end of the text that i thought was ludecris, but i did not spell-check and had to hurry so it ended up kind of gibberish. What i was trying to express was that is it pretty stupid saying that someone is delusional just for not following the same religion as you. I can see that people want to be right, but as far as we know there is no right religion. As i once read "Religion is like a few fingers pointing at the moon. But people focus too much about the fingers and not the moon."


Believes in a creator. Just not a religious one. Ex-Christian
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Basilissa's Avatar
Basilissa Basilissa is offline
South of the Border outreach program
True Christian™
 

Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ Real American™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Persecuted Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Bronze Tither Paula Deen Negro Support Group One Year/1000 posts Touched by Jesus In Love With Zeke TC Bravery 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Christian Love Mower Roper Crossburn Guns, Guts and GLORY! Mission to Korea True Christian Lady Ex-eurotrash Landover Mission to The Mexican Realms Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Saved 1 Year 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Cup of Jesus Crown of Righteousness Crown of Incorruptibility BFF of Jesus Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 

 
Posts: 8,482
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Godly Midwest
Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
Ah sorry. I atempted to make a joke out of a quote at the end of the text that i thought was ludecris, but i did not spell-check and had to hurry so it ended up kind of gibberish.
I see your point about not using spell check.

Quote:
What i was trying to express was that is it pretty stupid saying that someone is delusional just for not following the same religion as you.
Why?

All Christians do it, and so do Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and members of most other religions.

Are you saying that all religious people of the world are wrong? (In our opinion, only the non-Christians are wrong).

Quote:
I can see that people want to be right, but as far as we know there is no right religion.
Says who?
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is offline
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth 

 
Posts: 21,386
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
What i was trying to express was that is it pretty stupid saying that someone is delusional just for not following the same religion as you.
Don't be silly. According to Webster's Dictionary,

Quote:
Definition of delusion

1 a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated...

b psychology : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary...

2 : the act of tricking or deceiving someone...
Muslims believe a false tale. They believe there is a supernatural creature called "Allah" who watches over them with great concern whether or not they are obedient and loyal enough to kill their own children at his command. If this belief were accurate, we would see evidence for such claims, such as evidence for such a creature. As it stands, there exists no such evidence, either objective or deductive. To teach children these tales are true is to teach children something that is false, that is, a delusion.

Catholics believe their priests carry with them some invisible link to the forgiving mercy of Christ. They believe that only priests, appropriately ordained, have the unworldly power to absolve a person of sin, reconcile them to the church community following contrition, marry people, and elect a new "vicar of Christ" (that is, a man who acts vicariously as Jesus Christ Almighty Himself, quite in opposition to the Scriptures that are a fundamental resource of the Christian faith). If this were reality we'd see evidence this magical processes at work, of popes acting as Christ. But we don't. We see evidence of priests and popes acting as men, perfectly aligned with the era and culture of their office. To maintain a Catholic faith is to maintain particular magical beliefs despite indisputable evidence to the contrary.

This is the very definition of "delusion," dear.

But what is more interesting is how you believe you're right and everyone else is wrong, but anyone else who makes the same claim is "stupid."

Here at Landover Baptist Church, we love our fellow man enough to know they are not stupid, they are simply deluded. They've been brainwashed, generally since infancy, to adopt a particular cultural belief system, articulated through a specific religious vocabulary. They're not "stupid," dear, and no one here thinks they are. But they are wrong, and Christ will watch them suffer for all eternity if they continue their path to perdition. We want to help. We want to help you, too.


Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
PleaseKYS's Avatar
PleaseKYS PleaseKYS is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Norway
PleaseKYS is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Thumbs up Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilissa View Post

Why?

All Christians do it, and so do Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and members of most other religions.

Are you saying that all religious people of the world are wrong? (In our opinion, only the non-Christians are wrong).
What i am saying is that there is no need to ridicule another person or kind of people just because you have a different opinion on life then they do. I would not go as far as to say all religious people are wrong, but that we do not know if any are right. This is why i think it is important to be sceptic to religion as i believe a lot of the rules are kind of just messy, confusing and nonsence. I do believe there is a god or creator, but I also believe that the religions are not nesecerraly right. I don't have time to fully go into what i believe right now but i might post more about it later.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilissa View Post
Says who?
What i mean by that is that I don't believe there is no hard proof that any religious text is correct or that any religion is more right then the other. Reading the quote back i see what i was trying to express did not completly come out.


I apologize if there are any spelling errors or grammatical errors as English is not my native tounge.


Believes in a creator. Just not a religious one. Ex-Christian
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
Basilissa's Avatar
Basilissa Basilissa is offline
South of the Border outreach program
True Christian™
 

Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ Real American™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Persecuted Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Bronze Tither Paula Deen Negro Support Group One Year/1000 posts Touched by Jesus In Love With Zeke TC Bravery 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Christian Love Mower Roper Crossburn Guns, Guts and GLORY! Mission to Korea True Christian Lady Ex-eurotrash Landover Mission to The Mexican Realms Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Saved 1 Year 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Cup of Jesus Crown of Righteousness Crown of Incorruptibility BFF of Jesus Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 

 
Posts: 8,482
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Godly Midwest
Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
What i am saying is that there is no need to ridicule another person or kind of people just because you have a different opinion on life then they do.
OK. I assume, then, that from now on you will refrain from calling us stupid just because we have a different opinion on life than you do - like you did in your previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
What i was trying to express was that is it pretty stupid saying that someone is delusional just for not following the same religion as you.
...I forgive you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
I would not go as far as to say all religious people are wrong, but that we do not know if any are right. This is why i think it is important to be sceptic to religion as i believe a lot of the rules are kind of just messy, confusing and nonsence. I do believe there is a god or creator, but I also believe that the religions are not nesecerraly right. I don't have time to fully go into what i believe right now but i might post more about it later.
I am looking forwards to it, dear, as there are many contradictions in your statement.

We, Christians, have proof that Creator exists - it's on the very first pages of the Bible. If you reject the Bible as the Word of God (just because there's a lot of messy rules), then what's the basis for your belief in a Creator?

Quote:
I apologize if there are any spelling errors or grammatical errors as English is not my native tounge.
Do not worry about that. You will find several members here for whom English is a second language.
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
Ezekiel Bathfire's Avatar
Ezekiel Bathfire Ezekiel Bathfire is offline
Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
Christ's Rottweiler
 

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Christian Love Real American™ Tithing Manager Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Scientist™ Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Senior Pastor Teabag Patriot TC Bravery Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Ex-Brit Eats the Most Pork True Republican Ex-eurotrash Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Nuts for JESUS! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch Mower Donald Trump 2016! Anti-sodomy Pastor Ezekiel Aardvark Bathfire Crown of Life Alternative Facts 

 
Posts: 20,494
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toiling selflessly towards Salvation
Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
What i mean by that is that I don't believe there is no hard proof that any religious text is correct or that any religion is more right then the other.
If this is so, you would be saying that everyone has a different view of religion.

If we all had a different view of religion, this would mean that we all understood God (or any god) differently - i.e. we did not see the same God (god).

This, in its turn, would mean that we had invented our own "god" - the one we like; the one who is most like us; the one who agrees with us.

God (The real God - The Only God) is quite clear - He wants you to worship Him only and in a particular way.

We at Landover have found that way. Everyone else is wrong.




Ec:7:16: Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?

Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
PleaseKYS's Avatar
PleaseKYS PleaseKYS is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Norway
PleaseKYS is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Smile Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
Don't be silly. According to Webster's Dictionary,



Muslims believe a false tale. They believe there is a supernatural creature called "Allah" who watches over them with great concern whether or not they are obedient and loyal enough to kill their own children at his command. If this belief were accurate, we would see evidence for such claims, such as evidence for such a creature. As it stands, there exists no such evidence, either objective or deductive. To teach children these tales are true is to teach children something that is false, that is, a delusion.

Catholics believe their priests carry with them some invisible link to the forgiving mercy of Christ. They believe that only priests, appropriately ordained, have the unworldly power to absolve a person of sin, reconcile them to the church community following contrition, marry people, and elect a new "vicar of Christ" (that is, a man who acts vicariously as Jesus Christ Almighty Himself, quite in opposition to the Scriptures that are a fundamental resource of the Christian faith). If this were reality we'd see evidence this magical processes at work, of popes acting as Christ. But we don't. We see evidence of priests and popes acting as men, perfectly aligned with the era and culture of their office. To maintain a Catholic faith is to maintain particular magical beliefs despite indisputable evidence to the contrary.

This is the very definition of "delusion," dear.

But what is more interesting is how you believe you're right and everyone else is wrong, but anyone else who makes the same claim is "stupid."

Here at Landover Baptist Church, we love our fellow man enough to know they are not stupid, they are simply deluded. They've been brainwashed, generally since infancy, to adopt a particular cultural belief system, articulated through a specific religious vocabulary. They're not "stupid," dear, and no one here thinks they are. But they are wrong, and Christ will watch them suffer for all eternity if they continue their path to perdition. We want to help. We want to help you, too.
I see what you are trying to tell me, but i feel this would also go for any other religion as there is really no proof for any religion other than some really old book which lets be honest might have been written by someone as a joke. Don't misunderstand me i don't see christianity as wrong, but i also don't see Islam as wrong. What I think is that there is no need to make fun of or behave badly thorwards someone who has a different mindset than you. I can see how you think you are right and I am not saying you aren't but you also have to put yourself in others shoes. I personally used to be a lutherian christian, but i did not think it was right. I have felt I was not really for what christianity promoted. In which i mean the anti-honosexual agenda and other things I won't bother listing. What i believe is that instead of pushing religion and instead of witchhunting other religions we should try to be more considerate to eachother and focus on what is best for mankind as a whole instead of just a group of people. I hope I answered to what what you were saying in a grammatically and sensible way. I also hope I did not offend you in any way through this text. Let's try to have a civil debate.Also! If you spot any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes on my part please point them out as I am still learning English (I am from Norway).


Believes in a creator. Just not a religious one. Ex-Christian
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is offline
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth 

 
Posts: 21,386
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
What i am saying is that there is no need to ridicule another person or kind of people just because you have a different opinion on life then they do.
Ahem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
The Bible is very clear. Only Everyone but Christians are sane. Christians else is crazy.
Your comments perfectly illustrate the hypocrisy and self-centered moral code that exists when Christ is not at the center of your life. Only True Christians™ are capable of avoiding hypocrisy, for everything we do is Right with God.

Glory!


Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
PleaseKYS's Avatar
PleaseKYS PleaseKYS is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Norway
PleaseKYS is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilissa View Post
OK. I assume, then, that from now on you will refrain from calling us stupid just because we have a different opinion on life than you do - like you did in your previous post:



...I forgive you.
.
I am sorry I fraced it so it felt like i attacked you, but i just want to correct that i was merely trying to call the idea of ridiculing others for their religion stupid and not the people doing it. I am sure i could find very sensible people saying this. And again I am sorry for offending you in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilissa View Post
I am looking forwards to it, dear, as there are many contradictions in your statement.

We, Christians, have proof that Creator exists - it's on the very first pages of the Bible. If you reject the Bible as the Word of God (just because there's a lot of messy rules), then what's the basis for your belief in a Creator?
. I can try to answer this at a later time but right now I do not have time. (I barely have time to write this reply)


Believes in a creator. Just not a religious one. Ex-Christian
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
PleaseKYS's Avatar
PleaseKYS PleaseKYS is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Norway
PleaseKYS is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
Ahem:



Your comments perfectly illustrate the hypocrisy and self-centered moral code that exists when Christ is not at the center of your life. Only True Christians™ are capable of avoiding hypocrisy, for everything we do is Right with God.

Glory!
I apologize for that as it was very childish of me and i have no excuse for it. However that does not refute the fact that i feel there is no reason to ridicule others for their religion. This was merely an atempt to be humorous with a quote I did not agree with and not an attempt to ridicule the christians here. But again i apologize and lay flat as it was not nice of me.


Believes in a creator. Just not a religious one. Ex-Christian
Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
Dolores de Barriga's Avatar
Dolores de Barriga Dolores de Barriga is offline
Apparently not part of the domestic staff; suspected academic
Forum Member

Christian Love Protected by JESUS Messicant Touched by Jesus Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars 

 
Posts: 395
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: University of Iowa
Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 06:42 PM

Hello Miss Please!


I have been reading your contributions with much interest. There are some aspects of your complex belief system that I find unclear and I would love to hear an explanation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
As i once read "Religion is like a few fingers pointing at the moon. But people focus too much about the fingers and not the moon."
This is a very interesting statement for a couple of reasons. First, it makes an assumption that all religions have a common core. I assume that within the modern discourse of spirituality, that common core would be "existence of supernatural being or beings" - which is a definition of religion that goes back to E.B. Tylor and reduces religion to a belief system, disregarding its social, economic, and political aspects. It is a bit simplistic if you ask me, especially if you extend the definition of religions to systems in which presence of supernatural beings is superfluous, such as certain varieties of Buddhism.


The second assumption made in this statement is that the common core is, ultimately, clearly visible, despite being clouded by the finger-pointing. This metaphor compares the supposed common core to the Moon, which is a clearly visible object, rather than, for example, to Lambda Coronae Borealis, which has a magnitude of 5 and is therefore barely visible with the naked eye.


These are two very strong assumptions, and if you want me to be convinced, I need to see some data that supports them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
What i am saying is that there is no need to ridicule another person or kind of people just because you have a different opinion on life then they do. I would not go as far as to say all religious people are wrong, but that we do not know if any are right.
That is a fair point.


Quote:
This is why i think it is important to be sceptic to religion as i believe a lot of the rules are kind of just messy, confusing and nonsence. I do believe there is a god or creator,
And this is where you lost me. You are jumping to conclusions without explaining how you got there. If we cannot know if any religion is right; if I agree with you that there are internal contradictions in each religion; how do we get from that sound agnosticism to "I believe in a creator"?


Quote:
What i mean by that is that I don't believe there is no hard proof that any religious text is correct
But, these contradictory religious texts are the sole evidence we have for the existence of a Creator!


While I understand this lovely Baptist community - they have a sacred text, they believe this is the Word of God, and that makes their faith strong and evidence-based - I have trouble understanding your faith, and what is the basis for it.

I do await your response, as I am struggling with my own faith and I just cannot seem to be able to force myself to believe not just in a bunch of old texts, but in the idea of God in general - especially, I have trouble believing in a God that is actually benevolent and not utterly sadistic.


John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is offline
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth 

 
Posts: 21,386
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
I see what you are trying to tell me, but i feel this would also go for any other religion as there is really no proof for any religion other than some really old book which lets be honest might have been written by someone as a joke. Don't misunderstand me i don't see christianity as wrong, but i also don't see Islam as wrong. What I think is that there is no need to make fun of or behave badly thorwards someone who has a different mindset than you. I can see how you think you are right and I am not saying you aren't but you also have to put yourself in others shoes. I personally used to be a lutherian christian, but i did not think it was right. I have felt I was not really for what christianity promoted. In which i mean the anti-honosexual agenda and other things I won't bother listing. What i believe is that instead of pushing religion and instead of witchhunting other religions we should try to be more considerate to eachother and focus on what is best for mankind as a whole instead of just a group of people. I hope I answered to what what you were saying in a grammatically and sensible way. I also hope I did not offend you in any way through this text. Let's try to have a civil debate.Also! If you spot any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes on my part please point them out as I am still learning English (I am from Norway).
If you understood what I'm trying to tell you, you wouldn't pretend - even to yourself - that two diametrically opposing claims could both be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
I apologize for that as it was very childish of me and i have no excuse for it.
No you don't. But we understand the reason. Only Christ can inject the kind of moral sense that allows one to know the right thing to say for the right circumstance. This is why True Christians™ are always right and always so morally upstanding. This is precisely why we are a beacon of Light in an otherwise Dark world!


Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
brain, demonic possession, madness, mental illness, psychiatric study, psychiatry, psychology, questions and answers, seat of human thought, sound mind

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here



Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved