X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatchet Hearts

What is the single greatest threat to American schools? Lack of funding? Ineffectual curricula? Violence? No, no, and no. The answer is candy hearts.

With messages like "You're sweet" and "Be mine" scrawled on their chalky surfaces, candy hearts can incite premarital yearning glances and even hand-holding. The racier messages like "Cutie pie" and "Hug me" can lead to Caligula-type orgies involving enormous bowls of fruit, mandals, laurel wreaths, ostentatious wine goblets, and slave boys.

Now, I will say that these candy hearts get children reading. Given that this generation makes Corky look like Doogie Howser, I guess that counts for something.

(A quick aside--I was not fond of the 90s trend of TV characters having "cute" and "unique" names like Corky, Doogie, Blossom, and Urkel. Guess what? Just because your name is Doogie doesn't make you special. You're just like all of the other kids who graduated Princeton at the age of 10 and finished medical school by 14.)

There is only one way to combat this menace. We need to cancel out the lust and depravity of candy heart messages with Godly words and phrases. Send your child to school equipped with Hatchet Hearts©. Hatchet Hearts© are delightful, heart-shaped candies inscribed with inspirational words and important Bible chapter and verse numbers.

I've even designed some especially for teachers.

Order your Hatchet Hearts© today so that they arrive by the 14th! Order forms can be found in the church office. You'll be doing something good for your child's school and helping to pay the deductible on the prostate surgery I'm having done in March.
    Last edited by Felicity; 02-07-2011, 10:07 AM. Reason: Fixed broken images

Re: Hatchet Hearts

Those insipid candy hearts!

Why don't they put Scriptures upon them? Save some of the spawn of all that unSaved trash!

(and quit making them out of borax and asbestos!)
    Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are unGodly among them of all their unGodly deeds which they have unGodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which unGodly sinners have spoken against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Oakland "Reb" Griner View Post
      Why don't they put Scriptures upon them?
      What a great idea. I'm glad I thought of it.

Try reading the posts to which you are responding. It might prevent you from looking like an ass.
      Last edited by Felicity; 02-07-2011, 09:59 AM. Reason: Fixed broken image.

Comment

Indeed.
        Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are unGodly among them of all their unGodly deeds which they have unGodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which unGodly sinners have spoken against him.

Comment

@Old Man Hatchet Your hearts are great! Your own heart must be the kindest that Jesus ever made!
          I Jesus!

Comment

Re: Candy Hearts? No! Hatchet Hearts? Yes!

What a wonderful idea brother. I think I will take some with me and hurl them at the queers I see in the Mall.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Tweet me Here
            My GODLY Bio Here

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy Mae Johnson View Post
              What a wonderful idea brother. I think I will take some with me and hurl them at the queers I see in the Mall.
              Those are magnificent, Sister! I'd like permission to have your eloquent words inscribed on some Hatchet Hearts© for next year. It's too late this year unfortunately. They're all packaged and ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Hatchet View Post
                Those are magnificent, Sister! I'd like permission to have your eloquent words inscribed on some Hatchet Hearts© for next year. It's too late this year unfortunately. They're all packaged and ready to go.

Of course you have my permission.

Here is my order for your GODLY Hatchet Hearts

1 case of "You Make JESUS Puke"

1 Case of "You're a Harlot"

1 Case of "Hate the Sinner and the Sin"

I'll need these in time for Valentine's Day. Can you just bring them with you to Sunday Services?

Thanks.
                sigpic

Tweet me Here
                My GODLY Bio Here

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy Mae Johnson View Post
                  Can you just bring them with you to Sunday Services?

Thanks.
                  Do I look like a Negro servant who lugs boxes around town? I'll have my wife deliver them to your front door.

Comment

Brother, all I can see is red Xs where the Hatchet Hearts should be.
                    Last edited by Felicity; 02-07-2011, 10:01 AM. Reason: Removed copy of original posting
                    Bible boring? Nonsense!
                    Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                    You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

@Rev. M. Rodimer It seems a demon ate the pictures, I fixed them now. Thank you for mentioning it!
                      I Jesus!

Comment

Excellent idea brethren. How about some Crucifixion scenes or visions of Hell on the flip side?

Humbly yours, McUinnean.

Comment

I really like this one. That is, I love to Hate it/Hate to love it.

Just kidding; I really do like it. Sister Thumper's. too

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity View Post
                            @Rev. M. Rodimer It seems a demon ate the pictures, I fixed them now. Thank you for mentioning it!
                            Excellent work, young Sister!

Oh, and what Godly messages the hearts share!

How about, "DOGS DON'T GO TO HEAVEN"?
                            Bible boring? Nonsense!
                            Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                            You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                              Excellent work, young Sister!

Oh, and what Godly messages the hearts share!

How about, "DOGS DON'T GO TO HEAVEN"?
                              Nooooo!
                              The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.~Joel 1:12

Comment

Working...
                              X