X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't watch Avatar!

The controlling law here if found in Genesis where God grants to mankind a perpetual license to use all the resources of His creation (and, for that matter, some green vegetables we might happen find on another planet).

Genesis 1:

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
    Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
    brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
    ...and get off my lawn
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gemira View Post
      There are several passages in the Bible that make it clear that God expects us to take care of His creation.

Genesis 1:26. Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
      Yes, we rule over them. We are in charge. We can do with them as we please.

Lev. 25:23-24. The land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants. Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land.
      You misunderstand the meaning because of the antiquated language. In a more modern translation, this reads:

“ ‘The land must not be sold without a way of getting it back. That is because it belongs to me. You are only outsiders and strangers in my land. You must make sure that you can buy the land back. That applies to all the land that belongs to you.

23 " 'The land must not be sold without a way of getting it back. That is because it belongs to me. You are only outsiders who rent my land. 24 You must make sure that you can buy the land back. That applies to all of the land that belongs to you.

Nothing environmental here. Just talking about legal division of land.

Ezekiel 34:2-4. Woe to the shepherds of Israel who only take care of themselves! Should not the shepherds take care of the flock? You eat the curds, clothe yourselves with the wool and slaughter the choice animals, but you did not take care of the flock! You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally.
      Read in context, this is clearly referring to the rulers of the people of Israel.

Israel's Leaders Are Worthless Shepherds - The Lord God said: Ezekiel, son of man, Israel's leaders are like shepherds taking care of my sheep, the people of Israel. But I want you to condemn these leaders and tell them:I, the Lord God, say you shepherds of Israel are doomed! You take care of yourselves while ignoring my sheep. You drink their milk and use their wool to make your clothes. Then you butcher the best ones for food. But you don't take care of the flock! You have never protected the weak ones or healed the sick ones or bandaged those that get hurt. You let them wander off and never look for those that get lost. You are cruel and mean to my sheep. They strayed in every direction, and because there was no shepherd to watch them, they were attacked and eaten by wild animals.

1The LORD God said: 2Ezekiel, son of man, Israel's leaders are like shepherds taking care of my sheep, the people of Israel. But I want you to condemn these leaders and tell them:
      I, the LORD God, say you shepherds of Israel are doomed! You take care of yourselves while ignoring my sheep.

Ezekiel 34:10. 0 shepherds, hear the word of the Lord. This is what the sovereign Lord says: I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock.
      Same chapter, see above.

Ezekiel 34:17-18. As for you, my flock... Is it not enough for you to feed on good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet?
      Same chapter, see above.

Isaiah 24:4-6. The earth dries up and withers, the world languished and withers, the exalted of the earth languish. The earth lies under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed the laws, violated the statutes, and broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse consumes the earth; its people must bear their guilt.
      This says when people sin, God will send a curse to destroy their lands (ie, so they can't produce crops). It says nothing about human mistreating the earth being a sin.

Jer. 2:7. I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit and rich produce. But you came and defiled my land and you made my inheritance detestable.
      Please don't quote out of context. "Defiling" the land does not mean harming its environment. God is complaining that the people are sinning even though He blessed them with great bounty. There sin was not praising God:

6Neither said they, Where is the LORD that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, that led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of drought, and of the shadow of death, through a land that no man passed through, and where no man dwelt?
      7And I brought you into a plentiful country, to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof; but when ye entered, ye defiled my land, and made mine heritage an abomination.
      8The priests said not, Where is the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit.

Luke 16:2,10,13. And He called him and said to him, "What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward. He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous in much. You cannot serve both God and mammon.
      Please don't quote out of context. This parable is talking about a landowner who gets upset that his steward is not squeezing as much money out of the land as possible - probably a liberal!

1And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
      2And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.

9And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
      10He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
      11If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

James 5:5. You have lived luxuriously on the earth and led a life of wanton pleasure; you have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.
      This says nothing about the environment.

Mark 4:19. ...and the worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word and it becomes unfruitful.
      This says nothing about the environment. Please read the whole of Mark 19, in question, Jesus explains clearly what it means.

Revelation 11:18. The nations were angry and your wrath has come. The time has come for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great - and for destroying those who destroy the earth.
      Their crime was not environmental, it was not fearing the Lord. The saints and prophets aren't praised for setting up nature reserves.

Comment

It gooda movie, yes
        you watch
        Mark 9:43-48
        ... into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Comment

Sure, Jesus is going to make a new world for you all when he comes back, so it doesn't matter how badly you muck it up. But can any of you claim (in direct contravention of Mark 13:32) that you know when that is? Is it not a sin to force future generations of humans to live in a world contaminated with toxic/radioactive waste, depleted of many beautiful and necessary animal species, and suffering from a greenhouse effect (laugh at this one if you wish, it won't change the average temperature of the Earth)?

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
            It gooda movie, yes
            you watch
            You be idiot. Burn in hell you will.
            5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
            To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
            James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

Originally posted by Gemira View Post
              Is it not a sin to force future generations of humans to live in a world contaminated with toxic/radioactive waste, depleted of many beautiful and necessary animal species, and suffering from a greenhouse effect (laugh at this one if you wish, it won't change the average temperature of the Earth)?
              You must be the last person on the planet who still believes in the climate hoax. You have been lied to.
              To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
              James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

Adam

Genesis 1:28 (King James Version)

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Do you think you know better than GOD?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
                  It was founded by Christians.
                  Actually it was founded by English Protestants.

Comment

Originally posted by D U C K View Post
                    Actually it was founded by English Protestants.
                    So according to you English Protestants are not Christians? It seems to me you are wrong there. I do not know enough about English Protestants to know if they are false Christians or True Christians, but I do know they are Christians.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
                      So according to you English Protestants are not Christians? It seems to me you are wrong there. I do not know enough about English Protestants to know if they are false Christians or True Christians, but I do know they are Christians.
                      lt me be anal here and quote "Adams signed the Treaty of Tripoli. Article 11 states
                      "The Government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the
                      Christian religion.""

theres evidance both s b the llaw is that the cch nd govermentare to be seprate. so for right now they are if you want to change that i encourge you to try. i can say i'd be on the other end of the field but i'd liek to hear your argument!

and to the topic of this fourm i think this movie was good, Itis rated PG-12 so no your kids should not watch it. It does show morals, the good guys acutly save a planet. and its all to be taken into context, becuse tis all fiction. I say if you can understand its just entertainment its ok if not i qwouldnt suggest it for small kids. bottem line, check what your goign to see before you see it

Comment

Originally posted by Honest_Atheist View Post
                        evidance both s b the llaw is that the cch nd govermentare
                        Did your keyboard come with a warranty? Because it needs to be replaced ASAP.

Comment

Did your keyboard come with a warranty? Because it needs to be replaced ASAP.
                          no i was typeing fast and forgot to spell check XD, my post jsut went in the trash eh? boy do i feel stupid for that one, should put a spell check post-it on my computer screen

Comment

should put a spell check post-it on my computer screen
                            I am sure that would help a lot.

Comment

I am sure that would help a lot.
                              aw i was expecting more comments from you , anyways i still say this is a good movie

Comment

Look at your coins

lt me be anal here and quote "Adams signed the Treaty of Tripoli. Article 11 states
                                "The Government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the
                                Christian religion.""

theres evidance both s b the llaw is that the cch nd govermentare to be seprate. so for right now they are if you want to change that i encourge you to try. i can say i'd be on the other end of the field but i'd liek to hear your argument!

and to the topic of this fourm i think this movie was good, Itis rated PG-12 so no your kids should not watch it. It does show morals, the good guys acutly save a planet. and its all to be taken into context, becuse tis all fiction. I say if you can understand its just entertainment its ok if not i qwouldnt suggest it for small kids. bottem line, check what your goign to see before you see it
                                Take the coins out of your pocket. It says on them, "In God We Trust". Not Allah, Vishnu,Darwin, but the God of the Bible (KJV). America is the last TrueChristian™ Nation in spite of the Black Muslim in the White House.

Comment

Working...
                                X