This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why I get INFRACTIONS for giving my WOMANLY opinion? WHY!?

Originally posted by María Gálvez-Villalobos View Post
    Well, can you explain me why there is NO contradictiosn between of YOUR verses and BIBLE Students's verses for that I can SEE what you mean?

Thanks.

YIC, Mari.
    Maria, do you really expect a straight answer from men? Why even ask, yes the Bible is full of contradictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lola Handcock View Post
      Maria, do you really expect a straight answer from men? Why even ask, yes the Bible is full of contradictions.
      How can you suggest such a thing? The Bible is FULL of proclaimations as to its own dependabilty and accuracy!

Remember:

"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Now tell me, how could anyone argue with such a profound and beautiful thought as that?

Confidently Yours,

Handmaiden
      His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

but isn't your verses contradicted by the verses of Bible Student?

Seem it to me, no?

YIC, Mari.
        I see no contradiction in the verses (posted again here for clarity). You have to remember to take everything in context.

Originally posted by James Dewitt View Post
        Genesis 2:21-23

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
        And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
        And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

God created Adam first, he created woman as an afterthought.
        Originally posted by Bible Student View Post
        Hmmmmmmmmm. I wonder then what this means?
        Genesis 1:26-28 -- And God said, Let vs make man in our Image, after our likenesse: and let them haue dominion ouer the fish of the sea, and ouer the foule of the aire, and ouer the cattell, and ouer all the earth, and ouer euery creeping thing that creepeth vpon the earth. So God created man in his owne Image, in the Image of God created hee him; male and female created hee them. And God blessed them, and God said vnto them, Be fruitfull, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and haue dominion ouer the fish of the sea, and ouer the foule of the aire, and ouer euery liuing thing that mooueth vpon the earth.
        I'm sure man in these verses means mankind.
        In Genesis 1:26-28 it is said that God created male and female while Genesis 2:21-23 goes into more detail in exactly how women were created

Genesis 1:26-28 goes on to state that mankind has dominion over all animals and creatures on the Earth. This does not change the fact that women came later than men nor does it change that women were an after thought. Genesis 2:20 tells us Adam did not find a help meet in any creature God had created up to that point so God then created woman to be that help meet. Woman came after Man and all the animals were formed and after Adam looked for a help meet in said animals, this means women were an after thought.

I'm sorry if you don't like it but this is just how it is. If you have a problem with it take it up with the Big Man upstairs.
        The Big-Bang: GOD spoke and, BANG, the universe was formed.
        Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus is Lord View Post
          I see no contradiction in the verses (posted again here for clarity). You have to remember to take everything in context.

In Genesis 1:26-28 it is said that God created male and female while Genesis 2:21-23 goes into more detail in exactly how women were created

Genesis 1:26-28 goes on to state that mankind has dominion over all animals and creatures on the Earth. This does not change the fact that women came later than men nor does it change that women were an after thought. Genesis 2:20 tells us Adam did not find a help meet in any creature God had created up to that point so God then created woman to be that help meet. Woman came after Man and all the animals were formed and after Adam looked for a help meet in said animals, this means women were an after thought.

I'm sorry if you don't like it but this is just how it is. If you have a problem with it take it up with the Big Man upstairs.
          OK. Can you explain it me. Because for me Bible Student verses and Mr Dewitt verses semm be saying the oposites.

Why don't you help me seeing the 'context' so I can understand it more well?

YIC, Mari Juana.
          Ex JW and quiet, shy, timid girl who wants to be a True Cristian Lady.
          My favorite verse from the Bible is:
          - A true WITNESSE deliuereth soules: but a deceitfull WITNESSE speaketh lyes.

Comment

OK. Can you explain it me. Because for me Bible Student verses and Mr Dewitt verses semm be saying the oposites.

Why don't you help me seeing the 'context' so I can understand it more well?

YIC, Mari Juana.
            Can you tell me exactly what parts, in your mind, are contradicting each other? I personally see no contradiction at all, they both state that God created man and women, one just goes into more detail than the other. I'm no pastor but I'll do my best to explain it. I honestly don't see the contradictions that you apparently do.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, ok, THIS;

Genesis 1:26-28 -- And God said, Let vs make man in our Image, after our likenesse: and let them haue dominion ouer the fish of the sea, and ouer the foule of the aire, and ouer the cattell, and ouer all the earth, and ouer euery creeping thing that creepeth vpon the earth. So God created man in his owne Image, in the Image of God created hee him; male and female created hee them. And God blessed them, and God said vnto them, Be fruitfull, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and haue dominion ouer the fish of the sea, and ouer the foule of the aire, and ouer euery liuing thing that mooueth vpon the earth.
              show man and woman equals. It's all about THEM. No disticion between who's more better or nothing. YEs? Yes.

And THIS:

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
              And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
              And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
              don't mention nthing of superiority. Only that Man got maked first and that (because it wasn't ideal product) he made woman after. Nothing of superior or domination.

So perhap you're right about there no contradiccion but there's certainly NO the interpretation that maked Mr Dewitt. It's just no THERE.

The contradction is Mr Dewitts' interpretation in reacion whit what bible says.

Why did he interpreted this in a very 'free' manner? We're no supose to 'interpret' the bible whit our personal views now, is we?

YIC, Mari.

Comment

Well, ok, THIS;

show man and woman equals. It's all about THEM. No disticion between who's more better or nothing. YEs? Yes.

And THIS:

don't mention nthing of superiority. Only that Man got maked first and that (because it wasn't ideal product) he made woman after. Nothing of superior or domination.

So perhap you're right about there no contradiccion but there's certainly NO the interpretation that maked Mr Dewitt. It's just no THERE.

The contradction is Mr Dewitts' interpretation in reacion whit what bible says.

Why did he interpreted this in a very 'free' manner? We're no supose to 'interpret' the bible whit our personal views now, is we?

YIC, Mari.
                Those aren't the best verses for showing that men are superior to women. These are better:
                1 Corinthians 11:9 - Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
                Women were created for men, not the other way around.

1 Corinthians 11:3 - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Men are the head women, Jesus is the head of men, and God is the Jesus.

1 Timothy 2:11-14 - Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
                13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
                14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

This tells women us women have no authority over men.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Women must keep silent in church and be obedient.

Ephesians 5:22-24 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
                24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Colossians 3:18 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

These verses clearly tell us wives must submit to their husbands.

This quiz on the main site is a good way to learn of a woman's role in life.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean View Post
                  Wait..WHAT?
                  What planet do you live on?
                  Or are you autistic!??

No, I am not autistic. I have been told repeatedly by LBC, TC's that women are to be submissive to their husbands. Somebody with an opinion is automatically assuming that there is validity to their thoughts that another human being may not have already considered. Given that such a case would be beyond the role of a woman, I stand confused at how a woman has an opinion. And while my parents may have been sinners, by some miracle I am free of defects.
                  The best way to turn a dishwasher into a snowblower. . . . .
                  Give her a shovel.
                  Proverbs 5:19 A husband's commandment! And wives must comply.
                  19Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

Comment

Originally posted by wait_what View Post
                    No, I am not autistic. I have been told repeatedly by LBC, TC's that women are to be submissive to their husbands. Somebody with an opinion is automatically assuming that there is validity to their thoughts that another human being may not have already considered. Given that such a case would be beyond the role of a woman, I stand confused at how a woman has an opinion. And while my parents may have been sinners, by some miracle I am free of defects.
                    Yes, but what I meant was that, since we live in an unChristian society, women in most walks of life are uppity opinionated motormouths that don't let you forget for ONE minute about their opinions!!

Or not!?

Or maybe you've been lucky enough to live on a small island with subservient JW women or something...?

Comment

Originally posted by James Dewitt View Post
                      Originally Posted by María Gálvez-Villalobos
                      THANK YOU mR Bible Stud!

Here is PROOFS that women is holded by God in the level of real persons and equals at men!

Thanks you for CORRECT use of Escriptures for make example and I am being felt better by you thanks to this.

YIC Mari.

God created Adam first, he created woman as an afterthought.
                      Are we talking about the same story here? According to Genesis 1:
                      1. Day One -- light, earth, heavens, day and night
                      2. Day Two -- dome to separate the waters above and waters below
                      3. Day Three -- dry land and vegetation
                      4. Day Four -- sun, moon, stars
                      5. Day Five -- birds and water creatures
                      6. Day Six -- humans (both male and female) and land animals
                      7. Day Seven -- nap time for God

But then in Genesis 2 we have:

1. a spring to water ground, heavens and earth
                      2. the man was created (no woman yet)
                      3. garden of Eden and two special trees
                      4. man becomes gardener of Eden (still no woman)
                      5. animals for man to try out for helpmeet (still no woman)
                      6. finally God gets around to making woman from side of man
                      7. Eve screws up both of their lives by seduction and fruit eating

Obviously God must have explained somewhere how he both created animals first then both humans, and at the same time created the man first, the animals (plus suggested bestiality) next, and finally the woman but those verses aren't obvious. Of course the man and woman in Genesis 1 are not named. Maybe God started over again with creation?
                      YiJC, BS

II Peter 1:4 -- Whereby are giuen vnto vs exceeding great and precious promises, that by these you might bee partakers of thy diuine nature, hauing escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus is Lord View Post
                        Those aren't the best verses for showing that men are superior to women. These are better:
                        1 Corinthians 11:9 - Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
                        Women were created for men, not the other way around.

1 Corinthians 11:3 - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Men are the head women, Jesus is the head of men, and God is the Jesus.

1 Timothy 2:11-14 - Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
                        13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
                        14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

This tells women us women have no authority over men.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Women must keep silent in church and be obedient.

Ephesians 5:22-24 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
                        24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Colossians 3:18 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

These verses clearly tell us wives must submit to their husbands.
                        Well I'm no marry. But I'm acept what you're say me. In principles. And my father is a Jehová Witness still.
                        Where leave me this?

And I have a problem whit what Bible Student post after your's post^^

He seem say that there is 2 diferents versions of what happen in Genesis - is this right?

Thanks,

YIC, Mari.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean View Post
                          Yes, but what I meant was that, since we live in an unChristian society, women in most walks of life are uppity opinionated motormouths that don't let you forget for ONE minute about their opinions!!

Or not!?

Or maybe you've been lucky enough to live on a small island with subservient JW women or something...?

I live on the best Island in the US. Idaho. Women know their role here. It is a great place to be an American and especially a Christian. The few heathen we have here have little access to society as they are not networked in with us. It is a beautiful thing.
                          The best way to turn a dishwasher into a snowblower. . . . .
                          Give her a shovel.
                          Proverbs 5:19 A husband's commandment! And wives must comply.
                          19Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

Comment

Originally posted by wait_what View Post
                            I live on the best Island in the US. Idaho. Women know their role here. It is a great place to be an American and especially a Christian. The few heathen we have here have little access to society as they are not networked in with us. It is a beautiful thing.
                            So the women are like the zombis or somethings like this?

YIC, Mari.

Comment

YIC, Mari.
                              Sister María, there are no such things as zombies, dead people go to hell if they are not True Christians™ because then they go to heaven!
                              I think what_wait meant that the woman stays in their menstrual shacks and don't spend time with their husbands when they do not have too.
                              Proverbs 14:1

Every wise woman buildeth her house:
                              but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Angel View Post
                                Originally Posted by María Gálvez-Villalobos

YIC, Mari.
                                Sister María, there are no such things as zombies, dead people go to hell if they are not True Christians™ because then they go to heaven!
                                I think what_wait meant that the woman stays in their menstrual shacks and don't spend time with their husbands when they do not have too.
                                If zombies are dead people that come back to life and not dormant computer processes then we have:
                                Matthew 27:52 -- And the graues were opened, and many bodies of Saints which slept, arose
                                I Kings 17:17-22 -- And it came to passe after these things, that the sonne of the woman, the mistresse of the house, fell sicke, and his sickenesse was so sore, that there was no breath left in him. And shee sayd vnto Eliiah, What haue I to doe with thee? O thou man of God! Art thou come vnto me to call my sinne to remembrance, and to slay my sonne? And he said vnto her, Giue me thy sonne. And he tooke him out of her bosome, and caried him vp into a loft, where he abode, and laide him vpon his owne bed. And hee cried vnto the Lord, and said, O Lord my God, hast thou also brought euill vpon the widow, with whom I soiourne, by slaying her sonne? And he stretched himselfe vpon the child three times, and cried vnto the Lord, and said; O Lord my God, I pray thee, let this childes soule come into him againe. And the Lord heard the voice of Eliiah, and the soule of the child came into him againe, and he reuiued.
                                Acts 9:36-42 -- Now there was at Ioppa a certain disciple, named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: This woman was full of good works, and almes deeds, which she did. And it came to passe in those dayes that she was sicke, and died: whome when they had washed, they laid her in an vpper chamber. And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Ioppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent vnto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them. Then Peter arose and went with them: when he was come, they brought him into the vpper chamber: And all the widowes stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while shee was with them. But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled downe, and prayed, and turning him to the body, said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter, she sate vp. And he gaue her his hand, and lift her vp: and when hee had called the Saints & widowes, presented her aliue. And it was knowen thorowout all Ioppa, and many beleeued in the Lord.
                                II Kings 4:30-37 -- And the mother of the childe said, As the Lord liueth, and as thy soule liueth, I will not leaue thee. And he arose, and followed her. And Gehazi passed on before them, and laid the staffe vpon the face of the child, but there was neither voyce, nor hearing: wherefore he went againe to meete him, and tolde him, saying, The child is not awaked. And when Elisha was come into the house, behold, the child was dead, and laid vpon his bed. He went in therefore, and shut the doore vpon them twaine, and prayed vnto the Lord. And he went vp, and lay vpon the child, and put his mouth vpon his mouth, and his eyes vpon his eyes, and his hands vpon his hands, and he stretched himselfe vpon the child, and the flesh of the child waxed warme. Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro, and went vp, and stretched himselfe vpon him: and the child neesed seuen times, and the child opened his eyes. And hee called Gehazi, and said, Call this Shunammite. So hee called her: and when shee was come in vnto him, he said, Take vp thy sonne. Then she went in, and fell at his feet, and bowed her selfe to the ground, and tooke vp her sonne, and went out.
                                II Kings 13:21 -- And it came to passe as they were burying a man, that behold, they spyed a band of men, and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let downe, and touched the bones of Elisha, he reuiued, and stood vp on his feete.
                                And these aren't even counting the ones Jesus reanimated.
                                YiJC, BS

II Peter 1:4 -- Whereby are giuen vnto vs exceeding great and precious promises, that by these you might bee partakers of thy diuine nature, hauing escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Comment

Working...
                                X