X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you offended by right now?

Originally posted by Hereigns View Post
    ...Matthew 7:12 States "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."
    So you want people to hate you because of your skin color and how you choose to live? And you want them to say offensive things and say how horrible you are?...
    YES. If they were engaging in behaviour that would imperil their Salvation, then YES they'd want others to warn them in whatever way would get through to them that they're alienating themselves from God.

...Acts 10:28 Says, "And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean."...
    No one here is calling anyone "unholy or unclean" it's their actions and/or beliefs that are being Righteously™ disparaged. English isn't your strong suit, huh?

...1 John 4:7-8 also says, "Beloved, let us love one another...
    See the "one another" bit? Do you know who the "one another" it's referring to are (hint: it's specified elsewhere in that book)? See how it doesn't say "love everyone"?

...I do encourage all of you to come to know the true God. The one who cares about every single human being, sinner or not...
    The one that you imagine exists, but can find no support for from the Bible, so you have to deny the basic meanings of words in English to twist what's there into something that lines up with your own, personal, vision of what God "should" be. How about you try reading the Bible as it is written, instead of as you wish it was?

...I don't think you guys accurately represent God on this website.
    Ok, why should anyone care what you think?

Comment

You don't disparage people, you make others feel like they aren't human or like they should be sent to hell. Jesus has never done that. one another is the same thing as saying everyone. Jesus didn't even speak modern language one another means 2 or more people. It says so in very English grammar dictionary. This is why the Church's office exists so that the scripture is defined. And calling people un-holy is exactly what you are all doing!!

Comment

You don't disparage people, you make others feel like they aren't human or like they should be sent to hell. Jesus has never done that...
        Go look up the meaning of the word "disparage" before we continue this, k?

...one another is the same thing as saying everyone...
        No, it isn't. He was addressing a closed group of believers. If He'd meant "everyone", He could have said "everyone". But He didn't. How are you not twisting His words?

...Jesus didn't even speak modern language...
        Dude created the entire fleeping universe and everything in it(says the Bible), yet, somehow, is unable (according to you) to make Himself clearly understood??!1??!

Are you absolutely sure you want to continue down that road?

Comment

Jesus didn't speak in modern terms because they weren't created yet and the people of those times would not have understood. He wasn't speaking to just a select few friends either, he was speaking to a large group. In which there were thousands of people. The obviously did not believe if they left when told them about the Eucharist.

Comment

Jesus didn't speak in modern terms because they weren't created yet
            I think just a little research will tell you that reciprocal pronouns have been around, across languages, since long before the birth of Our Lord Jesus. The scholars who were responsible for the translation of the early texts into the King James Version were perfectly up to the task of translating what He said (or did not say).

To the best of my knowledge, there is no language in which the reciprocal pronominal expression one another means absolutely everyone else in the world, bar none. I may of course be wrong. However, it is not the case in our language.

I would recommend that you discard whatever peculiar aberrant version of the Bible you are using and

Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

I used yours sooo...

Comment

I have one question....to you think the phrase one another and your neighbor are any different? If so why?

Comment

I used yours sooo...
                  To quote just one of your own posts:
                  Matthew 7:12 States "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."
                  No, it says Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Acts 10:28 Says, "And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean."
                  Oops, wrong again: And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

1 John 4:7-8 also says, "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love."
                  And hooray for you, 3 out of 3! Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

I despair of you, I really do. But I will pray for you.

Comment

They are all meaning the same thing, but each is a different way to say it.

Comment

What is being your native language, if I may asked? Because they have not all meaning the same thing. But - and much more important - this post:

Originally Posted by Hereigns
                      I used yours sooo...

was a shameless, filthy lie. You know it, and you will burn for it for all eternity.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I have nothing further to say to you. Enjoy the Lake of Fire.

Comment

Haha, you think I lied!? I didn't, you just can't admit that I proved you wrong with your own book!!

Comment

No two words have exactly the same meaning. Many have very similar definitions, but each word has it's own particular and unique meaning. It is you who are wrong, friend. I expect that you are a victim of a public school education. Also, I believe that you owe an apology to my good friend and sister in Christ, Joanna Lytton-Vassey. She is of the weaker sex and not well used to dealing with heathens who abuse women.
                          God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

I'm actually a woman who goes to a private school and I sometimes go to baptist churches. This is not what they teach, why do you guys teach it differently?

Comment

I'm actually a woman who goes to a private school and I sometimes go to baptist churches. This is not what they teach, why do you guys teach it differently?

2 Peter 2:1-3 tells us, as do many other verses in God's word, that there will be false prophets and false teachers. They are easy to find, but a man who knows God's word can always root them out.
                              God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

Haha, you think I lied!?...
                                Yes, you did, when you claimed (falsely, as Mrs. Lytton-Vasey demonstrated) to have quoted the King James Bible.

...I didn't, you just can't admit that I proved you wrong with your own book!!

Two more lies.

Comment

Working...
                                X