X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hi All

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
    I'm sure the members of Landover have had to yawn through in a while (well, this week, at least), please, carry on.
    You couldn't of possibly read all of this dribble? I get past one line then fall asleep. I'd rather be thrown up on whilst sharing Gods good word to a hord of disgusting homeless alcoholics. These women should really take this conversation to the forum thread for women, thats why we gave it to them.
    Ecclesiastes 1:18 - For in much wisedome is much griefe: and hee that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Back against wall View Post
      You couldn't of possibly read all of this dribble? I get past one line then fall asleep. I'd rather be thrown up on whilst sharing Gods good word to a hord of disgusting homeless alcoholics. These women should really take this conversation to the forum thread for women, thats why we gave it to them.

I'm pretty sure I missed the Science and Philosophy area in the Women's forum. Besides, you know you'd miss us.
      1 Corinthians 11:3
      But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Comment

Originally posted by LocusSolace View Post
        Besides, you know you'd miss us.
        I would need photographic documentation to be able to tell you that for certain.

Brother BAW.
        Ecclesiastes 1:18 - For in much wisedome is much griefe: and hee that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.

Comment

I would need photographic documentation to be able to tell you that for certain.

Brother BAW.

I'm sure you would. Unfortunately having photos taken is the easiest way to loose one's soul. I hear these new cameras don't even just take parts of your soul, they take your whole soul with just one (and the first!) photograph.
          But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Comment

I don't know what science fiction magazines you have been reading. As a True Christian™ I have my True Flash™ for Jesus attached to my EOS.
            My soul has already been sold to God. Everything else is irrelevant. Praise Jesus!

Sooo now might be a good time to ask. You have been spending many hours here. Whats really going on in your life that brings you soul searching? Are you questioning your purpose? (10 - 15 word answers are acceptable, just so you know)

Comment

I don't know what science fiction magazines you have been reading. As a True Christian™ I have my True Flash™ for Jesus attached to my EOS.
              My soul has already been sold to God. Everything else is irrelevant. Praise Jesus!

Sorry that was a bad joke. What's an EOS?

Sooo now might be a good time to ask. You have been spending many hours here. Whats really going on in your life that brings you soul searching? Are you questioning your purpose? (10 - 15 word answers are acceptable, just so you know)

My purpose has always been to be a healer. But sometimes it feels really strange to have people with crisis's of faith come to me for help. I do a lot of helping people online, because normally it's uncomfortable to be around people.

I'm here in part because I need to martial my defenses against the one person (on the internet) I'm trying to help. Yes, you guys yell and say some of the oddest things; but at least it's different from what this one person keeps screaming at me.

In secular terms he's got multiple personality disorder, but it says something about him when atheist have said that the guy is possessed.

Comment

Sorry that was a bad joke. What's an EOS?
                I'm here in part because I need to martial my defenses against the one person (on the internet) I'm trying to help.
                An EOS is a particular range of Canon digital soul thief.

Before I went into the business of building roads and inventing awesome things, I was in Human and Social Welfare. I have a Diploma not that that means anything at all to me whatsoever. I was going to continue on and enter into a Doctoral Program but now having a Ph.D. in Social Welfare means even less to me than anything else. One thing I can advise you is that a person should never stray outside of their field. If you don't understand Personality Disorders then you shouldn't be trying to fix them. Just the same as if you are a Botanist you don't try perform surgery on a damaged nerve in a persons arm. The likelihood is you will either damage/put at risk, that person or yourself or a member of your family. There is only one God and it isn't you. People look outwardly to heal others when it is actually them themselves that need healing.

You've come to the right place.

As much as your answer was an answer, I personally don't believe it to be the most truthful answer you have. Perhaps you don't yet know what that is, yet.
                Dolores is a lovely person. I hope you find an answer talking to her. Even more, I hope the true question surfaces.

Comment

=Back against wall;1168852]An EOS is a particular range of Canon digital soul thief.

Cool thanks

One thing I can advise you is that a person should never stray outside of their field. If you don't understand Personality Disorders then you shouldn't be trying to fix them. Just the same as if you are a Botanist you don't try perform surgery on a damaged nerve in a persons arm. The likelihood is you will either damage/put at risk, that person or yourself or a member of your family. There is only one God and it isn't you. People look outwardly to heal others when it is actually them themselves that need healing.

You know I actually agree with you there. And I wasn't trying to claim that I am God. I do have psychology training, but admittedly not to the level that he needs. The problem of course is that I can't get him to get the help he needs elsewhere, and I dislike abandoning someone who is in need.

You've come to the right place.

Twice in a row that I agree with you. I've found that if a person finds a place, that it's generally the right place; but you're right sometimes the questions remain a bit elusive.

As much as your answer was an answer, I personally don't believe it to be the most truthful answer you have. Perhaps you don't yet know what that is, yet.
                  Dolores is a lovely person. I hope you find an answer talking to her. Even more, I hope the true question surfaces.

That answer was perhaps the most easily explainable answers of the truthful answers that I have. More importantly the answer was meant to show a willingness to talk, without the sarcasm that I can sometimes use. I agree that Dolores is a lovely person, and I have been following up and reading her suggested reading. If you want you can message me. I'm back and forth a bit, but I will respond. Also I'd rather confide in one person (and I'll make Dolores the same offer), rather than risk opening up on the board.

Comment

The problem of course is that I can't get him to get the help he needs elsewhere.
                    Some people are destined for the pits of Hell. Help will come to others when they prove ready and worthy to receive it. If he isn't taking the meds that I can confidently claim he has been prescribed, then the next step is institutionalized care.

sometimes the questions remain a bit elusive.
                    The only elusive factor is courage.

There are perceptions of God and then there is GOD. You can travel the earth and walk in the shoes of others. Buddhists, Krishna's, Catlics, Mormons blah blah and build your own "Mr Potatohead" God. Or you can pick up a KJV 1611 and meet the one and only True GOD. The word of God isn't debatable, it's isn't even really open to interpretation, it is what it is and is supposed to be, the True Word™ I will say however, that the Bible will speak to you like it doesn't speak to any other, because God is clever and almighty and He knows YOU. He will speak to YOU so that YOU understand. And what you may find difficult to understand can be explained here by the many True Christians™ that want to see you saved.

If you want you can message me.
                    Young Lady that is probably not the most appropriate suggestion under the circumstances. As you are a married woman and my wife just recently dropped dead as a result of one of my inventions not identifying her correctly, it would not be proper. However I sense that you and Dolores are finding some kind of Solace in conversing with each other. I know for fact that Dolores is enjoying your conversations. I have no doubt that in no time at all you will realize why you are here and find yourself Truly Enlightened™

Brother BAW

Comment

Some people are destined for the pits of Hell. Help will come to others when they prove ready and worthy to receive it. If he isn't taking the meds that I can confidently claim he has been prescribed, then the next step is institutionalized care.

I don't have the ability to get him into institutionalized care. If I did, that issue would be over already. I know he's seeing a counselor (not sure who or in what office), but hides this from the counselor.

The only elusive factor is courage.

The question is, the courage for what?

There are perceptions of God and then there is GOD. You can travel the earth and walk in the shoes of others. Buddhists, Krishna's, Catlics, Mormons blah blah and build your own "Mr Potatohead" God. Or you can pick up a KJV 1611 and meet the one and only True GOD. The word of God isn't debatable, it's isn't even really open to interpretation, it is what it is and is supposed to be, the True Word™ I will say however, that the Bible will speak to you like it doesn't speak to any other, because God is clever and almighty and He knows YOU. He will speak to YOU so that YOU understand. And what you may find difficult to understand can be explained here by the many True Christians™ that want to see you saved.

Why so many trademarked words? And what hell specifically are you trying to save me from? A hell of my own making or beliefs? or the one promised in the Bible?

Young Lady that is probably not the most appropriate suggestion under the circumstances. As you are a married woman and my wife just recently dropped dead as a result of one of my inventions not identifying her correctly, it would not be proper. However I sense that you and Dolores are finding some kind of Solace in conversing with each other. I know for fact that Dolores is enjoying your conversations. I have no doubt that in no time at all you will realize why you are here and find yourself Truly Enlightened™

I'm sorry about your wife. If it helps any, I wasn't trying to make in advances, I'm just looking to understand.

Comment

I don't have the ability to get him into institutionalized care. If I did, that issue would be over already. I know he's seeing a counselor (not sure who or in what office), but hides this from the counselor.

Let it go, it isn't your field. Doesn't mean you failed just means you can't help.
                        The question is, the courage for what?
                        You said "but you're right sometimes the questions remain a bit elusive."

I am saying the questions aren't elusive but the "courage" to ask them is.

And what hell specifically are you trying to save me from? A hell of my own making or beliefs?
                        Perhaps. I think you have grown on me. Not like when you joined and I just thought to myself "Please God smite her now before she types another word" Yap yap yap yap yappity yap

It's not for me to save you from anything. If God wants you saved then you will be saved. It's up to you if it's easy or complicated. People run around looking for God in all the wrong places. The worst ones are the ones that take all the bits of religion that sits well with them, then take those bits and create their own happy smiley faced Mr Potatohead God (Mr Potatohead might be well before your time) Basically what I mean by that is they mix and match bits to make an imaginary all loving and beautiful God of rainbows and unicorns (Although I don't think Mr Potatohead specifically had a unicorn, perhaps Mrs Potatohead did)

I'm sorry about your wife.
                        No biggy.

Comment

Maybe I'm being just a bit too idealistic today, but I feel like it's wrong to give up on people. Looking at it your way though, I might be freeing him to get the help he needs.

I am saying the questions aren't elusive but the "courage" to ask them is.

Sometimes the courage is the easy part. Knowing which questions to ask, and sometimes in which order can be tricky.

Perhaps. I think you have grown on me. Not like when you joined and I just thought to myself "Please God smite her now before she types another word" Yap yap yap yap yappity yap

Perhaps you've grown on me some to. Sometimes it's hard to know when to let go of defensive measures (sarcasm), or even to know when not to use them in the first place. It's really hard to know when/who to trust. Admitting that everyone will let you down eventually just takes me down a road that I've been fighting to stay off of for awhile. Sometimes the text and subtext of this group can be a bit complicated to understand. I'll admit I did some research on this group before I came; but of all the somewhat offensive stuff I may have done, bringing that up in full wasn't something I was willing to do. Occasionally even I have standards of etiquette.

It's not for me to save you from anything. If God wants you saved then you will be saved. It's up to you if it's easy or complicated. People run around looking for God in all the wrong places. The worst ones are the ones that take all the bits of religion that sits well with them, then take those bits and create their own happy smiley faced Mr Potatohead God (Mr Potatohead might be well before your time) Basically what I mean by that is they mix and match bits to make an imaginary all loving and beautiful God of rainbows and unicorns (Although I don't think Mr Potatohead specifically had a unicorn, perhaps Mrs Potatohead did)

OK yikes another moment of vulnerability. Yes I know who Mr/Mrs Potatohead are. I was always too afraid of hurting them to actually enjoy them for what they were supposed to represent. I got fully caught up in the how badly it must hurt them to remove and reattach their faces. Yes I was an odd child, and yes I know I'm still probably an odd adult. I'm not sure if admitting that surprises you or not.

Comment

I have a question, and I promise it's sincere. It's my understanding that the Bible was God's Word, but given to humans to write down. Is the trust then that humans wrote down His world accurately?

This goes right back to some of my trust issues. It's a sincere question, but one I've never really asked. It's a question that keeps coming up. One of my issues with my former church was the Pastor. I volunteered for a Church cleanup, and while I was cleaning the alter area; the Pastor was smoking (and had his ash tray on the alter) while he was lecturing about respect. I guess to me that seemed really wrong.

Comment

I understand what you mean there, and you're right over all. I just have one point. Sometimes praying to God/dess(s) or whatever might enable the person/people to take the steps to make the change. I know that sometimes when I'm doing my meditation work, sometimes I'll come up with insights that I didn't before. I don't know if it means there is a Higher Power(s) out there or not.
                              In other words: some people who feel too weak to stand up to the challenges on their own need a walking cane. It doesn't really matter whether it's a Genuine™ cane, they just need something to lean on: they need something supernatural to blame their falls on, and something supernatural to thank for getting up again.

I am inclined to agree with this. I know plenty of people like that. However, at some point you need to ask yourself, as an intelligent, strong person, do you really need that cane? Isn't it a little bit like, cheating yourself?

As far as meditation and new ideas go - that's because of the relaxation. The best ideas come up when you're not trying too hard. For me it's often my dreams that bring the best solutions.

Also sometimes people miss/don't know things, but this is part of the reason that science has to be self correcting. Ideally religion/spirituality should be the same.
                              No it can't, because religion/spirituality does not depend on evidence, just on faith. If religion depended on evidence, we would have many more atheists/agnostics than we do.

Good choice. I'm more of a whiskey drinker myself.
                              I have such a weak head I'd be in the lalala land after a single shot.

I know what you mean there. I'm just not sure if it would be any better if we all had strictly a scientific view on things. I took a multi-cultural psychology class. It was a real struggle trying to come up with solutions that respected everyone, but it made me think.
                              I'm not sure what would be a "strictly scientific view on things." Scientists are regular people with their own agendas and biases, so everybody has a different view. Nevertheless, without religion maybe there would be one less source of prejudice and bias?...

I'm sure you would. Unfortunately having photos taken is the easiest way to loose one's soul. I hear these new cameras don't even just take parts of your soul, they take your whole soul with just one (and the first!) photograph.
                              Fascinating how made up Western imaginations about non-Western people take off to have a life of their own, isn't it?
                              John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Comment

=Dolores de Barriga;1168870]In other words: some people who feel too weak to stand up to the challenges on their own need a walking cane. It doesn't really matter whether it's a Genuine™ cane, they just need something to lean on: they need something supernatural to blame their falls on, and something supernatural to thank for getting up again. I am inclined to agree with this. I know plenty of people like that. However, at some point you need to ask yourself, as an intelligent, strong person, do you really need that cane? Isn't it a little bit like, cheating yourself?

You know even having a beliefs structure, of sorts, I've never used that as something to blame my falls, or even thank for my accomplishments. But that all sort of got covered in our conversations on meditations. But to answer you specific question, no I don't feel that I need that cane.

As far as meditation and new ideas go - that's because of the relaxation. The best ideas come up when you're not trying too hard. For me it's often my dreams that bring the best solutions.

I agree there. I love looking at my dreams for solutions.

No it can't, because religion/spirituality does not depend on evidence, just on faith. If religion depended on evidence, we would have many more atheists/agnostics than we do.

True, but there are some things that science (at least some of the main stream sciences) can't always explain. Granted some of the studies on electro-magnetic fields can be. In some ways, that probably should be the next area of study in my search.

I have such a weak head I'd be in the lalala land after a single shot.

Have you ever heard of a person having a parodoxal effect to medication? Basically I react opposite to the way that most drugs are supposed to respond. Alcohol wakes me up. I don't drink that often, for that reason. I don't really want to be dependent on alcohol to keep me awake for the day. Caffeine makes me tired.

I'm not sure what would be a "strictly scientific view on things." Scientists are regular people with their own agendas and biases, so everybody has a different view. Nevertheless, without religion maybe there would be one less source of prejudice and bias?...

Ideally yes, but I'm not sure if I'd trust most people that far.

Fascinating how made up Western imaginations about non-Western people take off to have a life of their own, isn't it?

Yea that was a pretty bad joke.

Have you ever studied any of Carl Jung's work? That's been one of the areas that has kept me fascinated. I've used the archetypes before, especially in story telling and gaming. I know it's a bit random, but I wanted to hear your thoughts on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X