X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 5. Genesis 13-15

Genesis 13-15

So Abram and Lot have left Egypt, they dwell near Bethel; but their herds together became too much for the land to bear; so Lot leaves and goes to Sodom.

Not much else happens in Genesis 13.

Geneis 14 is the story of a little war.

The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were completely ransacked by some other cities/states/countries; and all the goods of the town and the people were captured.

Well, someone escaped and told Abram. Well, when Abram heard his brother LOT was captured, he gave his servants weapons and he and all 318 people who worked for him, went and kicked the butt of the others.

Then Abram brought all the stuff back to Sodom, the king said he could keep it all, but Abram said, Genesis 14:23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

See Abram was already rich, but he recieved his riches from the LORD. So, when the king offered him (pretty much everything) Abram thought that the glory wouldn't be shown of God, but of the generosity of the king. So he refused.

Genesis 15;

Abram has a lot of stuff; but no children, so he asks the Lord to give him a child.

3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

Then the LORD takes Abram out and shows him the stars; he says if you can count the stars, that's how your offspring will be.

Then God tells Abram to throw him a BBQ.

9 And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.

17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.

18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

And that's pretty much it for Day 5.

YIC
    V
    Judges 9:21 And Jotham ran away, and fled, and went to Beer, and dwelt there, for fear of Abimelech his brother.

Re: Day 5. Genesis 13-15

Damn! This is a GREAT idea, but someone pre-stole it.

Emeritus Professor of the Christ Jesus Chair of Theology at Landover Baptist University.
    "God loves you. Let us arrange for you to meet Him".
    Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth.--Psalms 58:6

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Al E Pistle View Post
      Damn! This is a GREAT idea, but someone pre-stole it.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiot.../dp/0028643828
      There are several idiotic versions of the Holy Bible for sale, its true. But has anyone ever published the "Official Landover Baptist Bible Annotated Companion"?

I smell a promotion for a certain SENIOR Pastor....
      Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
        There are several idiotic versions of the Holy Bible for sale, its true. But has anyone ever published the "Official Landover Baptist Bible Annotated Companion"?

I smell a promotion for a certain SENIOR Pastor....
        I think it is up to me to puree' Vgrid's bible story into an annotation. V gets the story line right, but leaves out the blood and gore. I don't know about everyone else but I want MY God to be the meanest mutha in town.
        Emeritus Professor of the Christ Jesus Chair of Theology at Landover Baptist University.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Al E Pistle View Post
          I think it is up to me to puree' Vgrid's bible story into an annotation. V gets the story line right, but leaves out the blood and gore. I don't know about everyone else but I want MY God to be the meanest mutha in town.
          We haven't gotten to the good parts yet, patience my good pastor... patience.

Of course, so far, in our readings we've seen the Lord drown everyone, but otherwise, it's been relatively death free.
          Judges 9:21 And Jotham ran away, and fled, and went to Beer, and dwelt there, for fear of Abimelech his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother V View Post
            We haven't gotten to the good parts yet, patience my good pastor... patience.

Of course, so far, in our readings we've seen the Lord drown everyone, but otherwise, it's been relatively death free.
            I'm sorry V, but it's such a beautiful story. Adam runs around in the Garden, killing and eating every living thing except lobsters and other seafood and bats and bunnies...although I'm not sure how Adam could have seen the ocean from the garden, or why God created things that weren't good to eat, such as fish without scales. But everything was going SO well....and then here comes a damn woman, and GOD has to immediately switch to killing mode and continue that for 6,000 years. Why didn't He just circle back and start over? Why would he let talking serpents into a perfectly good garden? I dunno...it just seems like we are all bugs flying toward the light, only to be crisped if we reach it.

Comment

Wait a minute, I used to live near "Bethel." It's where they had that unHoly 'Woodstock' hippie mudbath in 1969. Good year for it

But then - all the hippies turned into Godly yuppies! That's it! That's the point of the story! I got it, didn't I, Brother V?

Comment

I'm so glad God loves barbeques!

Bring on the ribs!

Comment

As always, very intresting Brother V!

PRAISE JESUS!

Yours in Christ
                  Elisabeth
                  Proverbs 14:1

Every wise woman buildeth her house:
                  but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.

Comment

Working...
                  X