X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parents: Be fair and give your daughters harsher beatings!

Originally posted by WhitePower103 View Post
    Might I ask though if it is right to beat our children, especially our daughters? If we beat them, then that will teach them to fear us,and more importantly, rebel against us. In turn teaching them to rebel against their future husband, driving them away from us and into the arms of satan? If we beat them, I have found that they become more disobedient. (experience with my 3rd daughter) I beat her more because she shown more hate towards me and her mother, she started dating [NEGROIDAL AMERICANS] just to get back at me.
    You seem sincere in your desire to apply a Godly approach to your parenting. My heart goes out to the man who desires to serve the LORD above all, and strives to thwart the work of Satan in his own family. Perhaps you're missing a few key components in your discipline techniques. While a more intensive physical reminder will certainly make a louder point, it means nothing it if is not coupled with other fundamental truths, like authority and obedience.

It's not enough to discipline a child just because you are bigger and stronger. Although that is certainly a convenience the LORD has granted parents, there will come a day when the child is big enough and fast enough to run away. If you wish to guide them to Heaven and not watch them run to Hell, you'll want them to be sufficiently conditioned to stay still throughout their disciplinary experience, both physically and metaphorically. To know you are correcting from a position of authority is of utmost importance because the authority of a father over a daughter mirrors the authority of God over man.

As God is in authority over all creation (Ephesians 1:21; Matthew 28:18; Colossians 2:10; Hebrews 1:2; 1 Peter 3:22), a man holds authority over his wife (Genesis 3:16; 1 Corinthians 11:3; 1st Timothy 2:12; Ephesians 5:22-24). This same pattern applies to a parent's authority over the child (Colossians 3:20; Deuteronomy 5:16; Ephesians 6:1; Proverbs 6:20). If you do not discipline from a point of authority, but a point of selfish power and control, you will loose your daughter's heart.

You want her heart because you want her to know, and want, and fear, and desire the same things you do. You want her heart because you want her inner voice to be your voice, "what would Daddy want me to do in this case" should be her first thought in all things.

It's not enough to just beat a child. Any heathen can do that, and you'll see ample examples in certain races like negro and mexican. What you want is to guide your daughter's heart to Christ, through the habit of obedience to you, so she can ultimately be obedient unto the LORD at all times. The physical aspect of this whole thing is to serve as a break between the temptations of the world and the Truth of the LORD. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. By training the flesh to feel physical pain at spiritual danger is to teach the child to ignore all temptation that leads them astray from God's Will. This doesn't come naturally (1 John 2:15; Romans 12:2; James 4:4), but it can be taught.

Of course, the point of teaching obedience is because it is through obedience that Jesus identifies who loves Him (2 John 1:6), and who is deserving of His unconditional love (John 14:23).

You can read more on this thread started for parents desiring to raise their children to please the LORD: Godly Parenting: Tomato Staking for Beginners
    Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

I appreciate your thorough explanation, sister Mary. Maybe there is a good medium between beating and teaching. I will show my daughter this post and explain it to her as well, maybe this will influence her sinful ways.

Comment

Settle down there tiger...I can tell you like the rhymes and how better to soothe the rage of a dilluded heathen pagan such as yourself than with an all too rare these days appearance by me, the self-proclaimed poet laureate Of the Landover Baptist website.

If your child is misbehavin' and speakin' out of turn
        then tis a spankin' they be cravin' it's the only way they'll learn
        using the rod is approved by God
        so don't ye be in shock
        if your child has gone wild
        'cuz you listened to Dr. Spock
        Who'd take parentin' advice from an alien from space
        I'd sooner listen to a negro buck than one of the Vulcan race
        Regular maintenance spankings thus will improve any child's life
        and if she gets to uppity do the same for your wife.

Comment

Working...
        X