X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Christian Schoolyard Games

I'm almost tempted to enroll my boys in public school just so they won't miss out on confidence-building games like Smear the Queer (which is so much more rousing when you can draft an actual queer to be "it", don't you think?), and other time-tested favorites like Rope the Slope, Harpoon the Coon, Bop the Wop, Nuke the Gook, etc. Ah, to be young again...

Re: True Christian Schoolyard Games

Originally posted by Witch Hammer View Post
    I'm almost tempted to enroll my boys in public school just so they won't miss out on confidence-building games like Smear the Queer (which is so much more rousing when you can draft an actual queer to be "it", don't you think?), and other time-tested favorites like Rope the Slope, Harpoon the Coon, Bop the Wop, Nuke the Gook, etc. Ah, to be young again...
    Dear Brother,

I'd like to introduce obligatory stone throwing practice. If the school is by the sea, lake or a river, skipping stones is great practice: choosing a good stone, accurate throwing, muscle coordination etc. for actual stoning events later in life!

Numbers 15:36 - And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
    2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
    Check out our Research in Creation Science:

Comment

I remember as a school boy a little ditty in the school yard in Livingston Montana that went like this

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
      Catch a nigra by his toe
      If he hollers make him pay,
      Fifty dollars every day"

Frankly I think $50 is way to much to pay them but what do children really know about the value of the dollar when chanting such wholesome words in the spirit of play?
      Revelation 19:15-16 "And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords."

Comment

The boys at my school used to play a wholesome game called Bung. The details are hazy to me now, but it involved a tennis ball and being held down by the sweaty older boys. I was always left dripping with moisture after a game of Bung. The prefects would always insist on us younger boys stripping down in front of them and checking for dirt. Oh to be a whipper snapper again!
        If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

As a girl who was homeschooled with some other girls, I always spent my breaks in friendly competition to see among us who could bake the best pie in the least amount of time, who could learn and memorize Bible verses, and who could sew the best. It greatly improved my skills.
          "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1

Comment

I get so EXCITED this time of year! So many nervous youngsters primed and ready for whatever awaits them! It's so important for fully grown men to take an active role in playing games with the boys.

I like to start the fun with a silly guessing game called Name That Drink where we guess if Jesus has changed water into something else. Then after a few hours of that, it's time to immerse ourselves in God's instructions with Bible Verse Body Painting. Then, we get down to business and play Truth-Confession or Punishment.

I say wear their little butts out until we all collapse in a great big silly pile just exhausted from all the fellowship! It's real common for boys to pull their muscles in excitement, but that's why we anoint with oils right before that comes up.

Praise GOD! What a wonderful time of year!!!

Slathered in the Fresh Hot Blood of the Infant Christ,
            -Youth Minister Harry Lester

Comment

Working...
            X