X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAARRRGH! Can Someone Please Explain?!

Harvard University chaplain is a devout atheist, humanist ordained rabbi.

How can someone be a "devout" atheist? How can someone be an atheist rabbi? How can a chaplain be Jewish? Doesn't "chaplain" come from the word "chapel"? Has anyone ever heard of a chapel in a synagogue?

While we're at it, how come this guy isn't also a gay bisexual asexual homophobe? You would think that they would want to cover all the bases. Remember not to slight all those vegan cannibals out there, Harvard.
    His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Re: AAAARRRGH! Can Someone Please Explain?!

Originally posted by handmaiden View Post

Harvard University chaplain is a devout atheist, humanist ordained rabbi.

How can someone be a "devout" atheist? How can someone be an atheist rabbi? How can a chaplain be Jewish? Doesn't "chaplain" come from the word "chapel"? Has anyone ever heard of a chapel in a synagogue?
    I think you would agree with me, Sister Handmaiden, Harvard is the devil's playground. An Atheist Chaplain is a contradiction in terms.

When President Trump returns to office he will have so much on his plate I hate to ask for something more. But, I'm going to ask him to close Harvard University.
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
      I think you would agree with me, Sister Handmaiden, Harvard is the devil's playground. An Atheist Chaplain is a contradiction in terms.

When President Trump returns to office he will have so much on his plate I hate to ask for something more. But, I'm going to ask him to close Harvard University.
      Oh, yes! And they could also permanently seal all of the Wharton's School records and grades.*

* Seal, delete, it's all the same when you get down to it.
      His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

This is just more "woke" crap, Sister. The fact that you don't understand it at all signifies that you're still sane, thank God. There's nothing there for any rational person to make sense of.
        I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
        Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
        But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
        From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

"...In 2005, Epstein received ordination as a Humanist Rabbi from the International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism..."

The endorsement is chef's kiss, given the source.

My head would explode.

Comment

I'm as disgusted as everybody else is by this news. Still, it could have been worse--Harvard could have selected a Catholic as chaplain.
            The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by WWJDnow View Post
              I'm as disgusted as everybody else is by this news. Still, it could have been worse--Harvard could have selected a Catholic as chaplain.
              That might not actually have been worse; there aren't any prepubescent children at Harvard for a Catholic to molest. But setting an atheist Jew named Epstein loose on a college campus? I take solace in the fact that no Christian would send their kids there.
              I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
              Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
              But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
              From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

Working...
              X