Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Creation Science
Reload this Page The Sun: Millions of miles away?
Creation Science The origins of life and the earth from a creationist (Biblical) perspective.

(#261)
Old
Unsaved trash, demon

praisescience is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:00 PM

792 round about. If your working was so well founded, why are you the first person to have done it. Why aren't people agreeing with you. You are using the maths in the wrong context and getting the wrong result.
(#262)
Old
WARNING: Do not attempt to debate. You will lose horribly.
True Christian™

True Christian™ Real American™ Christian Love Silver Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 2nd Year Bible College TC Bravery True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Tell her once Saved 1 Year

GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben View Post
and I can't do it instantly on command
Careful pastor, it always causes atheists to throw a fit when Christians don't do act like the little puppies they kick for fun...

I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
Matthew 7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.
(#263)
Old
True Christian™

True Christian™ Real American™ Christian Love Silver Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 2nd Year Bible College TC Bravery True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Tell her once Saved 1 Year

GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneding View Post
pastor billy ... I think you are the most ignorant person in the world
I think I speak on behalf of all of the 15000+ members of this forum when I say that no one cares what you think. You come here uninvited, unsaved and uneducated. Learn some manners first, child.

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.
(#264)
Old
Unsaved trash, demon

praisescience is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:09 PM

You're all comletely deluded. I wonder why your Pastor is the only guy to think of this. If god existed, he wouldn't have created such an asshole.
(#265)
Old
Senior Pastor
VP of Evangelical Outreach
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Saved 10 Years 4th Year Bible College 2008 Witch Hunt Award Long service medal, 1st class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '02 Real American™ Senior Pastor Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Jailed for JESUS Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY!

Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneding View Post
pastor billy ... I think you are the most ignorant person in the world
Why, because I think for myself instead of automatically and uncritically accepting conventional wisdom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisescience View Post
792 round about.
YOU'RE a MATHEMATICIAN?

Not even close. Does tan(Θ) = opposite / adjacent mean anything to you?

tan(53.6) = Opposite / 4052.2
1.356 = Opposite / 4052.2
Opposite = 5494.8

SOMEBODY (you) really ought to read this whole thread rather than continue to make himself look more and more foolish.

Quote:
If your working was so well founded, why are you the first person to have done it.
Is it automatically false because it's new?

Quote:
Why aren't people agreeing with you.
Is truth determined by majority rule?

Quote:
You are using the maths in the wrong context and getting the wrong result.
So you keep asserting, but a foul-mouthed kid on the internet screaming "YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE I WAS TOLD TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE" and calling names doesn't disprove anything. Show me where I'm wrong.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Upon request I will cite scripture for all these facts in God's Holy Word.

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
Trump / Arpaio 2016 -- The Government We Deserve
#ChristianLivesMatter

(#266)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Jamesy is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Wein's Displacement Law:
Peak Wavelength in meters = displacement constant / temperature in Kelvin
Okay.

Quote:
Yellow light has a wavelength between 570nm and 580nm, so we'll solve for 575nm. Since we are working with nanometers rather than meters, we'll simplify the math by multiplying the displacement constant by 10^9.

575 = 2897768.5/T
575 * T = 2897768.5
T = 2897768.5/575
T = 5039.6° K (8611.6° F)

So the sun is about 5039.6° Kelvin.
The sun is roughly 13,600,000, You're doing it wrong because you've got the wrong value for the displacement constant. You really should check these things.

Quote:
Now, the average temperature of the earth is 59° F, or about 288° K. The mean temperature gradient of the troposphere is 6° K/km, so let's solve for the distance.

d = (5039.6 - 288)/6
d = 791.9 km (491.1 miles)
No... d=(13.6m - 288 /6)
d= 13599712km ( 8 450 469 miles)

Besides, this is not how you work out how far away something is, you mong.
(#267)
Old
True Christian™

Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:24 PM

Btw, look up what "Poisoning the well" actually means. It is pre-emptive, which does not apply here. The pastor merely asked his accuser for actual proof instead of being referred to authority figures.

Why not tell the bees that according to science, it is aerodynamically impossible for them to fly

Also why not tell Einstein to forget about his theory of relativity because all the scientists at the time thought it was junk.

(#268)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Saved 10 Years 4th Year Bible College 2008 Witch Hunt Award Long service medal, 1st class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '02 Real American™ Senior Pastor Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Jailed for JESUS Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY!

Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:26 PM

The point of the trigonometry lesson was this.

I am at 36.4 N latitude. On noon on the equinox, the sun is directly over the equator due south of me. This means that me, the equator, and the sun form a right triangle, with the line between me and the equator forming the adjacent side, the line between the equator and the sun forming the opposite side, and the line between the sun and me forming the hypotenuse.

At noon on the equinox, the sun shines down into my well at an angle of 53.6° (Θ), and my well is 4052.2km from the equator. Applying the formula tan(Θ) = opposite / adjacent and solving for the opposite side, we see that the line between the sun and the equator is 5494.8km.

Now, how have I used math in the wrong context here?

Pastor Billy-Reuben

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
#ChristianLivesMatter

(#269)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God

Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
The point of the trigonometry lesson was this.

I am at 36.4 N latitude. On noon on the equinox, the sun is directly over the equator due south of me. This means that me, the equator, and the sun form a right triangle, with the line between me and the equator forming the adjacent side, the line between the equator and the sun forming the opposite side, and the line between the sun and me forming the hypotenuse.

At noon on the equinox, the sun shines down into my well at an angle of 53.6° (Θ), and my well is 4052.2km from the equator. Applying the formula tan(Θ) = opposite / adjacent and solving for the opposite side, we see that the line between the sun and the equator is 5494.8km.
...I honestly don't know where to start...
(#270)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
The sun is roughly 13,600,000, You're doing it wrong because you've got the wrong value for the displacement constant. You really should check these things.
According to NASA,

Quote:
The part of the sun that we see has a temperature of about 5500 degrees C (10,000 degrees F).
You really should check these things.

This is a long thread and a lot of ground has already been covered. Including your "objection".

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#271)
Old
Unsaved trash

klaangen is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.klaangen is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.klaangen is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.klaangen is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.klaangen is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Okay.

No... d=(13.6m - 288 /6)
d= 13599712km ( 8 450 469 miles)

Besides, this is not how you work out how far away something is, you mong.
well, piffle me you are correct sir... and i should know, I´m a salesman...
(#272)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
...I honestly don't know where to start...
You should start from the observable data and using established scientific laws to see where they lead, instead of just believing whatever you've been told and working backwards looking for ways to prove your preconceived notions.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#273)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God

Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:32 PM

THIS IS NOT HOW MATHS WORK

http://www.astro.washington.edu/cour...nes/rung3.html

FFS. You don't know a thing about how to do maths
(#274)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
THIS IS NOT HOW MATHS WORK

http://www.astro.washington.edu/cour...nes/rung3.html

FFS. You don't know a thing about how to do maths
Did you just do a web search and post a link to the first thing you found to rebut me? Do you even understand what your link says?

Why don't you explain in your own words what is wrong with how I calculated the distance to the sun, without letting Google do your thinking for you.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#275)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God

Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Did you just do a web search and post a link to the first thing you found to rebut me? Do you even understand what your link says?

Why don't you explain in your own words what is wrong with how I calculated the distance to the sun, without letting Google do your thinking for you.

Pastor Billy-Reuben
Um... How does where I got something from change how valid it is?

http://www.astro-tom.com/getting_sta...n_distance.htm

Look, that explains it in detail. Just explain how it's wrong and don't resort to "HERP DERP YOU FOUND FROM GOOGLE >:B".
(#276)
Old
True Christian™

Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
You don't know a thing about how to do maths
Which is why you link to other sites instead of constructing your own argument? Is this how you pass math tests? Do you give your teacher a link to a site too?

Listen to the pastor. Say it in your own words.

(#277)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Indica~ is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:40 PM

Thank you for one of the most humorous threads I have ever read. I emailed it to my physics professor as a joke and I'm pretty sure your math single handedly persuaded the christians taking the class to become aetheists.

Did anyone else catch the "Diversity and Tolerance Pastor" responses? This site can't be serious! Go back to school, learn about the beautiful and wonderful world around you and then maybe you won't be so terrified of intelligent people.
(#278)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Um... How does where I got something from change how valid it is?

http://www.astro-tom.com/getting_sta...n_distance.htm

Look, that explains it in detail. Just explain how it's wrong and don't resort to "HERP DERP YOU FOUND FROM GOOGLE >:B".
I will explain it, but first I asked you to explain how my applied trigonometry is wrong, and you don't seem to be able answer. All you can do is post links.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#279)
Old
True Christian™
Just a Regular Nice Guy

True Christian™ Silver Tither Christian Love Real American™ True Christian Provider™ award Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator TC Bravery Gunfest '09 Ready for the Rapture Punched the most queers Jailed for JESUS True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Teabag Patriot Mission to Australia One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life ex-sheep-shagger Mission to Las Vegas True Christian Hotrodder Saved 1 Year Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Truck Stop Ministry Member Hatchet Child Rearing Award Prayer Warrior 2012 Witch Hunt Award 20,000 posts Long service medal, 3rd class Home Schooled Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Early riser Kirk Cameron Fan Club Trump of GOD Mission to Korea Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Incorruptibility Alternative Facts Mower Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch Crown of Righteousness Crown of Life Crown of Rejoicing BFF of Jesus Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus In Love With Zeke True Christian™ Cowboy GLORY Saved 5 Years Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Polling for Christ Anti-Biden

James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!James Hutchins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Thumbs up Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:45 PM

Pastor, he is merely a brit. You know their educational system is sorely lacking after the influx of mooslimes and how they had to allow their standards to plummet to accommodate the lesser minds. Now it all one big cesspool, I am afraid.

I have tested everyones calculations ( I am no astro physicist but I do have a couple of degrees from Princeton, one is in science) and I find the good Pastor's are correct and totally valid. I have nothing to gain or lose by making this independent observation.
The other calculations have a lot of assumed and never verified values.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
(#280)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Indica~ is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-13-2010, 09:47 PM

Ok so you guys are a satire group! That explains so much. God damn your hilarious! Good job!