X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien

This is absolute nonsense that these idiotic atheists spew out. Rev. Rodimer is correct that there is a limited amount of water. Even if the hydrologic cycle hypothesis were true, it still would NOT operate at 100% efficiency, and over time, you would eventually run out of water.

So, if you take a gallon of water, drink it, then pee it out, then it goes into the ground, then filters and becomes water underground, you wouldn't have a gallon of water afterwards. When you drink water, part of it is absorbed into your body. Then when you urinate the rest of it comes out. Then part of that urine is absorbed into the soil itself. If, whatever is left of it reaches down to the water table, what you have is far less than what you initially consumed.

Also, if marine mammals get their water from fish, then how come people cannot survive on fish alone? We need water too. I dare any of these evolutionary idiots to survive completely on fish for a whole month. They'll die of dehydration.

Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

Comment

If due to heat the water evaporates and produces rain then we would have more rain and clouds in the summer. In the summer there are hardly any clouds because all the water is stuck firmly on God's Earth. In the winter we have cloud cover, does more water evaporate up when the weather is colder?

YiC

Jack
      Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

sigpic

I know God wouldn't let me believe in Him if He didn't exist.

Comment

I am flabbergasted. Let me just ask you christian guys one thing: Where is it that you imagine all this water is disappearing to?

Comment

Personally, I have little idea and care less - God has a plan and I trust in it; it probably goes into the Fountains of the Deep

Proverb:8:28: When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
          sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
          Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

"Fountains of the Deep", huh? So much for using science to disprove atheism

Comment

According to Harvard Medical School, humans release 2.5 quarts of water a day via various bodily functions (don't forget breathing and sweating, not to mention the other scatological ones already discussed). That's roughly 2 liters. Here's a Mayo Clinic link showing this: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283 . The water cycle is incredibly efficient and operates at exactly 100% for every living creature. Any water you take in is eventually released back into the world in one way or another.

The only time water is really "lost" from earth is when the occasional molecule slips out of the atmosphere into space. However, earth's mass makes that a very negligible amount.

So, the upshot: earth can easily be much older the 6,000 years, the science used in this proof is faulty. Nothing wrong with trying again, though. And in the future, don't refer to us atheists as "idiots", it only makes it more likely we'll have to prove you wrong.

You stick to matters of faith, we'll stick to matters of science. Deal?

Comment

Originally posted by cepheus42 View Post
                According to Harvard Medical School, humans release 2.5 quarts of water a day via various bodily functions (don't forget breathing and sweating, not to mention the other scatological ones already discussed). That's roughly 2 liters. Here's a Mayo Clinic link showing this: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283 . The water cycle is incredibly efficient and operates at exactly 100% for every living creature.
                Listen Lady, do you really think that same University that promotes evilution, and other secular propaganda, would really publish any article that would pass critical inspection by Creation scientist? And do you think that they would harm themselves by publishing article that would contradict their other articles.

Did they back their claims by scripture? No.

Did they let Creation scientist to check the fact and did they make sure that their "facts" do not contradict Real Facts that Creation scientist have established? No.

So how can it be called valid by their own scientific principles? It can't.

Problem is that the article is based on theories, not facts.

YiC, M
                Romans 1:18 - For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Comment

This very thread (and poster) has got to be a put-on. Forget the blatantly wrong 6 billion people have been around for millions of years (no athiest or scientist ever stated such absurdness)
                  Stating that potable water on the planet is akin to the apple pie on your countertop--as it's consumed, it's gone for good--is so over-the-top ludicrous it defies religious and rational explanation. No where in the 'good book' does it state anything of the sort. This has to be a joke
                  This thread is exactly why I don't go to church anymore, or why I have such issues with people that put their belief in their own flawed interpretation of faith above everything else.
                  Step back and hear what you're saying--
                  Whether the earth is billions of years old, or thousands of years old--irrelevant to this very conversation.
                  Anyone (and I mean anyone--scientist or not) can setup, test, observe, and come to a rational conclusion as to how the water cycle works. Ministers and popes, padres and bishops, have not contradicted how this water cycle works. It's one of the few 'scientific facts' that has absolutely no biblical contradictions. This isn't evolution, or how old the planet is, or anything of the sort. This should be 'common ground' on which everyone on the planet should agree on--water cycle.
                  Is there a finite amount of water on our planet? Yes--like everything else.
                  Is water consumed and used by living organisms? Yep
                  Is water then evacuated by the organism? Ummm---YES!!!
                  Does this evacuated water, through various ways, end up back in potable condition? Yes.
                  If you're getting into the niggly idea that water intake by living organisms (aka 'us) is not the exact same amount of water evacuated by us, well, you're just wrong. Over the course of our lives, from birth to death (and the decomposition thereof), the water that has entered our bodies is the same as the amount of water released by our bodies--THE END. This fact can be tested and observed, and really has been for quite some time.
                  If it wasn't, we'd either be bloated bags of water--getting bigger and bigger until we burst, or shrinking and turning to dust as the days go by. Since most of us here don't turn to dust on a daily basis, or blow up in a huge splash of water, I think we can infer that water regulation--intake vs output--is pretty much equal.
                  I mean, you might as well apply this to oxygen--there's a finite amount of oxygen--yet we're still here and breathing... There's a finite amount of everything on this planet, yet here we are, still able to eat, drink and breathe... How does this happen? Cycles. Water cycle, CO2 and Oxygen cycle, and the cycle of life... None of thise cycles are contradicted by the bible.
                  The larger bit, however, is that getting into a snit over this--taking the staunch stand that God, his very self, is the only way we still have water after 6000 years, is making you look like an idiot. Not just to the athiests out there, but to fellow Christians and other believers who actually use the God given sense they have.
                  This does not make any sense on any level at all. I can't believe people are adhering to this idiotic premise. This has nothing to do with evangalism or biblical interpretations or 'proving those dastardly athiests wrong!!'. This has everything to do with self aggrandizing in spite of the evidence and putting your own sense of self above what God wants from you.
                  He gave you the tools of reasoning and understanding.

Comment

Please, please, please...

Dear creationists,

Please, oh, pretty please DO disseminate this pamphlet everywhere you can. Please do send it to your senators and other politicians, present it at school boards, explain it at town hall meetings and best of all, use it in court to prove your point that evolution cannot possibly explain the presence of all this water on our Earth.

Please go forth and do not even read on beyond this point.

Still here?

Oh, but please do point out to everyone how those stupid atheists cannot account for the fact that all this water that just is absorbed in our bodies, after being drunk, and even when peed out, then at least absorbed in the soil. Never mind the fact that a body can only hold about 40 liters of water at one time, and that also the soil only can hold a finite amount of water before being saturated.

Certainly, the water just must be magically disappearing, by the hand of God, of course, so you would have an irrefutable argument against those pesky infidels.

Please do so, won't you, please, so all the world will be able to see how amazing your understanding of science really is.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Re: Please, please, please...

Originally posted by Amphioxys View Post
                      Dear creationists,

Please, oh, pretty please DO disseminate this pamphlet everywhere you can. Please do send it to your senators and other politicians, present it at school boards, explain it at town hall meetings and best of all, use it in court to prove your point that evolution cannot possibly explain the presence of all this water on our Earth.

Please go forth and do not even read on beyond this point.

Still here?

Oh, but please do point out to everyone how those stupid atheists cannot account for the fact that all this water that just is absorbed in our bodies, after being drunk, and even when peed out, then at least absorbed in the soil. Never mind the fact that a body can only hold about 40 liters of water at one time, and that also the soil only can hold a finite amount of water before being saturated.

Certainly, the water just must be magically disappearing, by the hand of God, of course, so you would have an irrefutable argument against those pesky infidels.

Please do so, won't you, please, so all the world will be able to see how amazing your understanding of science really is.

Thank you in advance!
                      Hello and welcome to our friendly forum! Why don't you make an introduction of yourself in the Introduction Forum and tell us a bit more about your personal relationship with Jesus?
                      How "My Little Pony" Turns Men Gay Through Subliminal Mind Control
                      The Tyrannosaurus Rex: A Creationist Perspective
                      How Newton's Laws PROVE God's Existence
                      God HATES Carbon Dating

2nd Timothy 6:20-21 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Comment

Re: Please, please, please...

Originally posted by Amphioxys View Post
                        Gosh, did I really write this? I really meant to say, please, do so, so the world can see how amazingly devoid you are of even any basic understanding of science.

Comment

As my first post, I am displeased to state that the OP is based on false science and fallacious logic.
                          Ignoring what your implications are of posting this image, I will attempt to clear the water from the mud you have attempted to dig up (punny).
                          1) Water hasn't existed on Earth for all of it's history. We were once bombarded by giant rocks almost constantly; no pools of water could form.
                          2) Three words to explain most of the rest: The Water Cycle. Wikipedia is always a worthy candidate to explain these issues: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_cycle
                          3) One of your pastors above me said something about water being lost as we consume it. Not true: due to the Law of Conservation of Mass, water doesn't disappear whatsoever, it just changes forms, (gas, liquid, solid) as we drink, excrete, and flush it down.
                          While you know how to use a calculator, your premise seems to be flawed.
                          ---
                          I hope this is a satisfactory first post, and I hope for many more in the coming months.
                          "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." - Matthew 6:6, KJV

Comment

Water can be created simply by combining Hydrogen & Oxygen. And as these are both naturally occurring and naturally created elements. So therefore water is in infinite resource as we could easily have more water in a week than we do today, despite millions of people and animals using water.

I believe in creation, and even I can see your argument is seriously flawed!

Also, I think calling someone a retard is uncalled for and very unchristian.

Comment

Originally posted by Susanne View Post
                              Water can be created simply by combining Hydrogen & Oxygen. And as these are both naturally occurring and naturally created elements. So therefore water is in infinite resource as we could easily have more water in a week than we do today, despite millions of people and animals using water.

I believe in creation, and even I can see your argument is seriously flawed!

Also, I think calling someone a retard is uncalled for and very unchristian.
                              Nonsense. Even if we were to attempt to "create" water, there is a finite supply of both Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms. One cannot make the finite infinite.

Are you on the drugs?
                              Matthew 19:14 "But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

sigpic

Comment

This is aimed towards the argument of "how could something come from nothing? therefore God did it". If you conveniently change your definition of God to a being who is hiding within or restricted to the laws of nature then this thread is not for you.

One commonly cited "proof" of the existence of a creator being is that one or more miracles were required to create the universe.

The universe contains a large amount of matter (characterized by the physical quantity known as "mass"), and it is commonly held that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, only changed from one form to another. So, the existence of matter seems to be a miracle - a violation of the assumed law of conservation of mass, that happened just once, at the creation of the universe.

This is an outdated concept. Special relativity tells us that matter can be created out of energy and can disappear into energy (e=mc^2)

Therefore, the existence of mass in the universe violates no law of nature. Mass can come from energy. But where did the energy come from?

The first law of thermodynamics requires that energy comes from somewhere. If the law of conservation of energy were broken, this would imply a miracle was necessary for the origin of the universe.

But that is simply not the case, observationally and theoretically. Energy can be converted from one type to another as long as the total for the closed system remains the same. Based on the geometry of the universe and other observations we now know that the total energy of the universe is zero. It appears that the universe appeared from an initial state of zero energy, within a small quantum uncertainty.

I often see people on these forums try and argue cosmology in a philosophical manner. They falsely assume that human logic, instead of mathematical theories and the observations that support them, is a more accurate way to learn about the origin of the universe.

Comment

Working...
                                X