X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say

Originally posted by stv2kplus4 View Post
    of course, i am with the understanding that the Messiah came with the NEW message. and to change the ways of the past , some of the ways of the OT, a new convenant with man. right?

Really? Do tell. And exactly which parts of the OT are we to ignore? Post them here please, so we can get busy.
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy Lou Jenkins View Post
      If you are trying to suggest that the Bible contradicts itself, i assure you it does not.

Luke 14:26 (King James Version)

26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

(Billy Bob: I approve this post.)
      you say it, not me. i think on the level you are looking at it, you will find many contradictions, i do not. which is one of the things i like about the KJV, its clears up contradictions in the NIV.........

do you remember Jesus ever saying "love your life", "love one another"?as i am a disciple of Christ, so therfore, a brother...... this teaching could be associated to priority to God?, no? so ,can we love our life?

Comment

you say it, not me. i think on the level you are looking at it, you will find many contradictions, i do not. which is one of the things i like about the KJV, its clears up contradictions in the NIV.........

do you remember Jesus ever saying "love your life", "love one another"?as i am a disciple of Christ, so therfore, a brother...... this teaching could be associated to priority to God?, no? so ,can we love our life?
        You are the one picking scripture to contradict others. Then you have the nerve to accuse me of seeing contradictions when i have clearly stated there are none. You sir are a hypocrite. If you do not perceive any contradiction, then good. Maybe there is some hope for your otherwise damned soul. But do not go around projecting your blasphemy on others.

(Billy Bob: I approve this post.)
        1 Corinthians 11:3
        But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Property of Billy Bob Jenkins

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
          Really? Do tell. And exactly which parts of the OT are we to ignore? Post them here please, so we can get busy.
          The parts Jesus corrects. you will find them in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Its not a secret. This is a purpose of the Messiah, to give testimony to the truth. you dont need to put angry emoticons, this is a healthy discussion between brothers and sisters. we are not doing anything wrong. do you have a lot of anger in your heart? if not, i can tell you, you come across that way, and it can make people stand-offish and be counter-productive to new Christians faith and may even de-rail someone.....(btw you never addressed the 'railing' issue) is this a valid teaching in the NT?

Comment

The parts Jesus corrects. you will find them in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Its not a secret. This is a purpose of the Messiah, to give testimony to the truth. you dont need to put angry emoticons, this is a healthy discussion between brothers and sisters. we are not doing anything wrong. do you have a lot of anger in your heart? if not, i can tell you, you come across that way, and it can make people stand-offish and be counter-productive to new Christians faith and may even de-rail someone.....(btw you never addressed the 'railing' issue) is this a valid teaching in the NT?
            Post the Scriptures from the Old Testament that we are to ignore. Which ones? The 10 Commandments? Be specific.

My Bible says quite the opposite.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18
            Has Heaven and earth passed?
            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Post the Scriptures from the Old Testament that we are to ignore. Which ones? The 10 Commandments? Be specific.

My Bible says quite the opposite.

Has Heaven and earth passed?
              ---
              i can see we are going to have some fun tonight, i am going to eat dinner, and then get on that.....
              ---
              do you really not know Jesus corrected the old way?.....i think you do.,..but i will present some to you after dinner.
              your brother in Christ

Comment

---
                i can see we are going to have some fun tonight, i am going to eat dinner, and then get on that.....
                ---
                do you really not know Jesus corrected the old way?.....i think you do.,..but i will present some to you after dinner.
                your brother in Christ
                Go chew your blubber. You are not my brother.
                Who Will Jesus Damn?

Comment

Of course it belongs here in the "things the bible doesnt say"..section
                  its doesnt say its a duty label people as true/false Christians.
                  You are either a True Christian™ or you aren’t a Christian at all. Lu:6:26: Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
                  2Pe:2:1: But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
                  it doesnt say uts a duty to rebuke ALL, but those who sin against YOU.
                  I rebuke you! Those who sin against me, I forgive, those who sin against God sin against His Law and are subject to punishment and rebuke.
                  it doesnt say to call people hurtful names.
                  M't:3:7: But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
                  M't:12:34: O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
                  M't:23:33: Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
                  it DOES say things about 'railer' and not to be that way.........you know what that means? (look at your things about all the people Jesus dislikes or whatever at the bottom of your posts, considering you have no idea about my heart, isnt that railing?)
                  Your heart is irrelevant, I’m thinking of your brain that is infested with demons of liberalism. And if you mean ‘soul’, only God can look into that and if you think I’m God, you are deluded.
                  of course, i am with the understanding that the Messiah came with the NEW message. and to change the ways of the past , some of the ways of the OT, a new convenant with man. right?
                  Partially, Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
                  Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus did, however, change the dietary laws.
                  sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                  Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
                    You are either a True Christian™ or you aren’t a Christian at all. Lu:6:26: Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
                    2Pe:2:1: But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.I rebuke you! Those who sin against me, I forgive, those who sin against God sin against His Law and are subject to punishment and rebuke. M't:3:7: But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
                    M't:12:34: O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
                    M't:23:33: Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?Your heart is irrelevant, I’m thinking of your brain that is infested with demons of liberalism. And if you mean ‘soul’, only God can look into that and if you think I’m God, you are deluded. Partially, Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
                    Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus did, however, change the dietary laws.

you dont understand something, he taught not to be called Rabbi, but his disciples called him Rabbi, whats good for him, is good for him, thats fine, and what he commands his disciples is what he commands his disciples, its not for us to decide. you put a lot of words in my mouth.

Comment

• Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say

"Jesus did, however, change the dietary laws."
                      we have a break through already, and we haven't even begun.
                      ezekial you cant 'cherry pick' scripture, wether it is for or against.
                      do you agree that the dietary laws are changed,? also how about the ritual hand washing laws? or being being in the company of the 'unrighteuous' is that a law? the pharisee's must have picked that up somewhere?....
                      so now the ball is in your court.
                      do you disregard the teachings on railing? do you not know we are all sinners?
                      does this apply to you?

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
                      ---
                      And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brothers is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
                      ---
                      does that apply to you?, or this?
                      For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
                      --
                      i show these verses to try to get you to look inside yourself, and take the focus off of me.

you likely wont answer these questions,

-
                      so i will ask, since it has been determined that Jesus did change some old way (ie moses dietary laws)....so now its on you, can you show me another way that Jesus changed the an old way.....can you come up with another? how about two?
                      --
                      your brother in Christ

Comment

___
                        ]Its not my opinion it differs from....
                        ---
                        12But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. 13But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

----
                        For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
                        -----
                        there are teachings on how we will be responsible for every [idle] word we speak....(loose remembering)

your brother in Christ
                        Last edited by Cranky Old Man; 12-25-2010, 01:16 AM. Reason: Removed stolen text

Comment

Is this a typical reaction when you cant back up what you say? this is strange, the liberalist call me a conservative baptist, the conservative bapstists call me a lliberalist, is this a narrow path?

Comment

It cannot be your original opinion if it is Jesus'. All you are doing is pretending that you thought of it too - which makes you look mighty foolish.

And you were the one who started railing against 'cherry picking'

M't:7:5: Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
                            sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                            Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
                              It cannot be your original opinion if it is Jesus'. All you are doing is pretending that you thought of it too - which makes you look mighty foolish.

And you were the one who started railing against 'cherry picking'

M't:7:5: Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
                              ---
                              thats my point too, its not me saying it, its my saying, it comes from Jesus.....calm down, if you blindly look to discredit me, no matter what i say you will twist it to find fault, but it is understandable on a message system so much is lost without eye contact, tones of voice, etc.

merry Christmas

Comment

---
                                thats my point too, its not me saying it, its my saying, it comes from Jesus.....calm down, if you blindly look to discredit me, no matter what i say you will twist it to find fault, but it is understandable on a message system so much is lost without eye contact, tones of voice, etc.

merry Christmas
                                i need to correct a mistake i made when typing....
                                thats my point too, its not me saying it, its my saying, it comes from Jesus.....calm down
                                this should read..

.thats my point too, its not me saying it, its not my saying, it comes from Jesus.....calm down

thnx

Comment

Working...
                                X