X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SwimminginChrist
    Unsaved trash
    • May 2009
    • 1

    #1

    Huge Spiritual Dilemma

    Help me my brethren, for I have reached a state of cognitive dissonance. I fully understand that Jesus is our Lord and Savior, but if Mary was a technical virgin then is Jesus not a bastard child? This is a very serious question and I mean no offense by it. If I cannot reach an answer then I fear I will never be at peace. Please, help me unearth the truth so that I may confidently bask in GOD's glory.
  • JennyD
    Honorary True Christian™
    Sweet Placid Sister
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 9567

    #2
    Re: Huge Spiritual Dilemma

    Originally posted by SwimminginChrist View Post
    Help me my brethren, for I have reached a state of cognitive dissonance. I fully understand that Jesus is our Lord and Savior, but if Mary was a technical virgin then is Jesus not a bastard child? This is a very serious question and I mean no offense by it. If I cannot reach an answer then I fear I will never be at peace. Please, help me unearth the truth so that I may confidently bask in GOD's glory.
    Jesus is God. God used Mary's baby oven to carry Him so He could be born as a human in the world, and sleep in a feeding trough for livestock.

    God is God. He has neither father nor mother. Therefore, He is not a bastard.
    www.palibandaily.com - Your Christian News Source
    Huckabee/Palin Gingrich 2012 will reclaim America for Christ! PRAISE!

    Christian Ladies:
    Savor your separation in style at the Monthly Visitor!

    Comment

    • Professor Bessemer
      Professor of Creation Science at Landover University
      Certified Ex-Gay Program Graduate
      Darwin's Worst Nightmare
      True Christian™
      • May 2009
      • 2952

      #3
      Re: Huge Spiritual Dilemma

      If I could offer a Scientheistic explanation it might help. Sister Jenny is correct. God needed a human vessel to cross from His holy domain to our mundane and sin filled world, albeit in the distant past.

      He, in His great wisdom, chose to impregnate a poor, homeless, married virgin. He knew this would be a subtle way for Him/His son to enter our world.

      That way, Jesus would not be a bastard, as His "parents" were married. Also, by impregnating a married virgin, God made sure the womb His son was carried in was pure and clean.

      See, when think about it, it makes perfect sense!
      Professor of Creation Science and Flood Geology at Landover Baptist University


      sigpic

      Sodomites! Stop being gay TODAY!

      Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. James 1:21

      Comment

      • swlabo
        Unsaved trash
        Under Investigation
        • May 2009
        • 1

        #4
        Re: Huge Spiritual Dilemma

        Except for the fact that Mary was NOT married when she accepted this role as the vessel that Jesus would be carried into this world.

        Comment

        • Professor Bessemer
          Professor of Creation Science at Landover University
          Certified Ex-Gay Program Graduate
          Darwin's Worst Nightmare
          True Christian™
          • May 2009
          • 2952

          #5
          Re: Huge Spiritual Dilemma

          But she was married when Jesus was born, that is what counts. And of course God knew that she would be married when His only begotten Son was born because he is omniscient.

          Since she remained a virgin until our Lords birth, she and her womb also remained pure. She never fornicated out of wedlock, and because God impregnated her divinely, Jesus was not a bastard.

          It is fairly simple when you just take a moment to think it through.
          Professor of Creation Science and Flood Geology at Landover Baptist University


          sigpic

          Sodomites! Stop being gay TODAY!

          Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. James 1:21

          Comment

          • Ezekiel Bathfire
            Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
            Christ's Rottweiler
             
            • Jan 2008
            • 22932

            #6
            Re: Huge Spiritual Dilemma

            Jesus existed before the Creation John 17:5 “And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.” - He just appeared through Mary. Obviously it had to be some woman, and she was convenient.
            sigpic


            “We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

            Author of such illuminating essays as,
            Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

            Comment

            • Bob4God
              Moderator
              Arms Dealer for CHRIST
              Hands folded for Jesus
               
              • Apr 2008
              • 5274

              #7
              Re: Huge Spiritual Dilemma

              I don't recall that Mary ever had a choice in the matter. When the LORD says to do something, you do it. THAT'S the mark of a True Christian.
              sigpic
              The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
              - Proverbs 15:3

              CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL


              CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!


              Comment

              Working...