X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Deth Kult
    Confirmed Enemy of God
    BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
    • Jul 2009
    • 13

    #1

    What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

    There are many bands out there that have things such as creaming in their music, but are actually out to spread the word of God. How do you feel about this music? How do you think God feels about this music?
  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
    Christ's Rottweiler
     
    • Jan 2008
    • 22933

    #2
    Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

    I don't think that is what God had in mind when He spoke of Heavenly Music. I'm afraid I see this as cynics exploiting the gullible false christian youth so as to amass treasure on earth.

    Basically, it's garbage.

    PS and no - I'm not impressed that it might have some "God-content".
    sigpic


    “We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

    Author of such illuminating essays as,
    Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

    Comment

    • Deth Kult
      Confirmed Enemy of God
      BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
      • Jul 2009
      • 13

      #3
      Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

      Screaming*

      Sorry about the typo.

      Comment

      • eliot mayfield
        God Squad
        True Christian™
        • Sep 2006
        • 9324

        #4
        Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

        I removed your links. We don't click on unapproved links around here. You seem to be a Satanic heavy metal person. Do you listen to KISS?
        Matthew:
        5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
        5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
        10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
        10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.


        sigpic

        Comment

        • Deth Kult
          Confirmed Enemy of God
          BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
          • Jul 2009
          • 13

          #5
          Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

          Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
          I don't think that is what God had in mind when He spoke of Heavenly Music. I'm afraid I see this as cynics exploiting the gullible false christian youth so as to amass treasure on earth.

          Basically, it's garbage.

          PS and no - I'm not impressed that it might have some "God-content".
          What makes you believe this? Music is music. They do have the intent to spread the word of God. I have been to a few of the shows where such bands have played and all lyrics in songs have Heavenly or Godly representation. They also require prayer in between some songs sometimes. These people are definitely REAL Christians.

          Comment

          • Deth Kult
            Confirmed Enemy of God
            BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
            • Jul 2009
            • 13

            #6
            Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

            Originally posted by eliot mayfield View Post
            I removed your links. We don't click on unapproved links around here. You seem to be a Satanic heavy metal person. Do you listen to KISS?
            No I do not. Far from it. Kiss actually represents sex, drugs, and cliche' things found in the genre of rock and metal. The bands of which I talk about do not. You can't lump all of these people together because they play music with distorted guitars. If you do feel this way, I feel sorry for you and hope you change your mind in the future, or witness this of which I talk about to help change your judgment on these bands.

            Comment

            • eliot mayfield
              God Squad
              True Christian™
              • Sep 2006
              • 9324

              #7
              Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

              screaming is what people do in Hell when Jesus throws them in the lake of fire.
              Matthew:
              5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
              5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
              10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
              10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.


              sigpic

              Comment

              • InGodWeTrust
                Forum Member
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2009
                • 98

                #8
                Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

                Originally posted by Deth Kult View Post
                These people are definitely REAL Christians.
                If they were True ChristiansTM, they wouldn't be screaming like that.
                Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

                Comment

                • Deth Kult
                  Confirmed Enemy of God
                  BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 13

                  #9
                  Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

                  Originally posted by eliot mayfield View Post
                  screaming is what people do in Hell when Jesus throws them in the lake of fire.
                  Screaming is also changing the extent of voice you push out to a higher extent.
                  Don't be so ignorant.
                  You call yourself Christian.
                  Act like it.

                  Comment

                  • InGodWeTrust
                    Forum Member
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 98

                    #10
                    Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

                    Originally posted by Deth Kult View Post
                    Screaming is also changing the extent of voice you push out to a higher extent.
                    Did God intend for us to do so? Show some proof in form of scripture.
                    Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

                    Comment

                    • Deth Kult
                      Confirmed Enemy of God
                      BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 13

                      #11
                      Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

                      Originally posted by InGodWeTrust View Post
                      Did God intend for us to do so? Show proof in form of Biblical scripture.
                      If God didn't intend us to do so, he wouldn't have given us the ability. Also. did God not tell us to do so? Did God tell us not to make music that screams? Show proof in form of Biblical scripture.

                      Comment

                      • InGodWeTrust
                        Forum Member
                        Forum Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 98

                        #12
                        Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

                        Originally posted by Deth Kult View Post
                        If God didn't intend us to do so, he wouldn't have given us the ability.
                        God also gave us free will, which doesn't mean we should all be raging homersexuals or atheists.

                        Originally posted by Deth Kult View Post
                        Also. did God not tell us to do so? Did God tell us not to make music that screams? Show proof in form of Biblical scripture.
                        As others have agreed, that music and screaming is not something God would sanction. You're deviating from God's path by listening to that sort of music.
                        Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

                        Comment

                        • Deth Kult
                          Confirmed Enemy of God
                          BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 13

                          #13
                          Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

                          Originally posted by InGodWeTrust View Post
                          God also gave us free will, which doesn't mean we should all be raging homersexuals or atheists.


                          As others have agreed, the music and the vocals are not something God would sanction. You're deviating from God's path by listening to that sort of music.
                          No. I am not.
                          You are correct on the free will situation. But no where in the Bible does it say it's wrong to create music like that. Especially since the music I am referring to has a religious meaning. I don't know you get your facts. I can say the same about the music you listen to. I believe you are straying from God's intentions by the music you listen to.

                          Comment

                          • Ezekiel Bathfire
                            Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
                            Christ's Rottweiler
                             
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 22933

                            #14
                            Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

                            Originally posted by Deth Kult View Post
                            No. I am not.
                            You are correct on the free will situation. But no where in the Bible does it say it's wrong to create music like that.
                            Look son, just becasue your mother wipes your ass still, there's no reason for you not to do something yourself towards your Salvation! Why don't you read the Bible:
                            Ec:7:5: It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.
                            Ec:7:6: For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.


                            Especially since the music I am referring to has a religious meaning.
                            I have already told you that we don't care what the music says - these are cynical cretins milking the gullible and ignorant false Christians for money that they will then spend on whores and drugs!

                            I don't know where you get your facts.
                            We get them from The Bible KJV1611
                            I can say the same about the music you listen to.
                            No you can't you idiot! You don't know what we listen to!
                            I believe you are straying from God's intentions by the music you listen to.
                            One more word like that and your mother and teacher will be told what a disobedient child you are.

                            I suggest you ask Jesus for forgiveness!
                            sigpic


                            “We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

                            Author of such illuminating essays as,
                            Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

                            Comment

                            • Deth Kult
                              Confirmed Enemy of God
                              BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 13

                              #15
                              Re: What is your take on hardcore/screaming music?

                              Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
                              Look son, just becasue your mother wipes your ass still, there's no reason for you not to do something yourself towards your Salvation! Why don't you read the Bible:
                              Ec:7:5: It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.
                              Ec:7:6: For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.


                              I have already told you that we don't care what the music says - these are cynical cretins milking the gullible and ignorant false Christians for money that they will then spend on whores and drugs!

                              We get them from The Bible KJV1611 No you can't you idiot! You don't know what we listen to! One more word like that and your mother and teacher will be told what a disobedient child you are.

                              I suggest you ask Jesus for forgiveness!
                              I suggest YOU ask Jesus for forgiveness. You are forgetting what a Christian is all about. You're not supposed to ridicule or criticize everybody like you do on this site. You're supposed to fix problems in the name of Jesus, not BITCH about whats happening and say you're doing it in Jesus name. If I prayed, I would pray for you. But people like YOU make me want to stray away from God. I'll be honest I do try my hardest to feel love for God. But ignorant people like you just seem to push me away everyday. Congratulations. You fight for God? More like you turn people away from you selfishness ways and your closed minded thoughts. Have fun burning in Hell.

                              Comment

                              Working...