X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Billy Ram
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 220

    #1

    Baptist Bashing

    I'm sure we have all heard the old joke that 'Methodists are Baptists who can read'. Which I do not find amusing. Tell your tales of persecution, have you ever been ridiculed for being a Baptist?
  • Oakland "Reb" Griner
    True Christian™
    True Christian™
    • Jun 2009
    • 2241

    #2
    Re: Baptist Bashing

    I am proud to be called a fundamentalist nut job.

    It is how I know I am doing the Lord's work.


    However, I will admit, criticism does sting a bit when it comes from the moderate Baptists!!
    Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are unGodly among them of all their unGodly deeds which they have unGodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which unGodly sinners have spoken against him.

    Comment

    • Pastor Ezekiel
      Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
       
      • Sep 2006
      • 78556

      #3
      Re: Baptist Bashing

      You might want to use the search function on God's favorite forum before making threads. The documentation of Christian persecution is being collected HERE.
      Who Will Jesus Damn?

      Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

      Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

      Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

      Comment

      • NotInRyebread
        Unsaved trash
        • Jul 2009
        • 38

        #4
        Re: Baptist Bashing

        You people deserve all the mockery you can get.

        You're not humans. You're animals. You beat your wives, you beat your children. You pretend to be good people but only care about money.

        You're not Christians. You're radicals. NO ONE likes radicals. You're no better than terrorists. I know real Christians. Real Christians know limits. They know boundaries. You know nothing. You're all ignorant asses who refuse to read anything but your precious King James Bible.

        Stop criticizing the world until you realize just how ignorant you are.

        Ignorance may be bliss, but it's still ignorance.

        Comment

        • GoodChristian.
          Confirmed Enemy of God
          BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
          • Jul 2009
          • 26

          #5
          Re: Baptist Bashing

          [QUOTE=NotInRyebread;355807] You're not Christians.

          You should go to Hell for that, sinner! In Relevation 21:8, it is stated that all liars will smited by God! We are indeed Christians. A Christian is one who believes that Christ is the Son of God and one of the three parts of the Trinity. And I assure you, we Landoverians do indeed believe that!

          I can't wait to be watching you in Eternity's Biggest Bonfire from my Skybox seat in Heaven, kicking back with the Christ!

          Comment

          • InGodWeTrust
            Forum Member
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 98

            #6
            Re: Baptist Bashing

            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
            You pretend to be good people but only care about money.
            I do not pretend to be a good person. I am a good person for I follow God's laws.

            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
            You're radicals. NO ONE likes radicals. You're no better than terrorists.
            I've had enough of your hate speech. Stop it.

            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
            I know real Christians. Real Christians know limits. They know boundaries.
            Boundaries conveniently set by themselves. "Hey, I feel like putting my penis in that other guy, so why not?"
            They're filthy homersexuals and give a bad name to True Believers.

            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
            You're all ignorant asses who refuse to read anything but your precious King James Bible.
            What other book will get you into heaven? None. That's right. No other book. You're the one who's ignorant, pal.

            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
            Stop criticizing the world until you realize just how ignorant you are.
            Look in the mirror before it's too late.

            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
            Ignorance may be bliss, but it's still ignorance.
            I agree. Which is why you should stop being ignorant.
            Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

            Comment

            • NotInRyebread
              Unsaved trash
              • Jul 2009
              • 38

              #7
              Re: Baptist Bashing

              I'm not ignorant. I KNOW your viewpoint, and it's absurd.

              Not all non-radical Christians are homosexuals. Homosexuals are homosexuals, and there's no correlation involved.

              And assuming you're married, you're a good person for beating your wife? Some good person you are. *sarcasm*

              And you know what? Your threats of hell don't scare me, because I don't believe in it.

              If I'm wrong I go to hell. Oh well, my bad. Not gonna make or break me today.
              However, if you're wrong then you've wasted your ENTIRE life sucking up to a God that never existed to get into the same place everyone else goes. The ground. (or wherever cremated remains reside)

              I'd rather live for today then fear for tomorrow.

              Remember, the person who spends their whole life fearing the worst, never gets to experience the best.

              Comment

              • Rev. Jim Osborne
                True Christian™ Televangelist
                Director of Fundraising and Tithing
                On the Look Out for Wife #6!
                True Christian™
                • Jun 2009
                • 8622

                #8
                Re: Baptist Bashing

                Quit accusing us godly men of "beating" our wives and children. We do not do such a thing. We may discipline them, sternly and unwaveringly, but we do so out of love for them. We do not want to see them on the path to Hell. It is our duty, as loving husbands and fathers, to care for our family's spiritual salvation, even if it requires tough love.

                Doesn't the book of Proverbs tell us "spare the rod, spoil the child"?

                You must be the type of "tolerant" person that lets your wife and children do as they please. If your child starts smoking pot or listening to heavy metal or engage in homosexuality, you do nothing, hmm? "Who am I to judge?".

                We are good family men. We live according to the Bible. How dare you accuse us of doing evil acts!

                Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

                Comment

                • James Hutchins
                  True Christian™
                  Just a Regular Nice Guy
                   
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 29457

                  #9
                  Re: Baptist Bashing

                  Well, BreadHead. Nothing we can say is going to soak in. You are ranting like a lunatic and being thought of likewise. You have nothing to gain by staying here unless you want to improve upon your magnificent portrayal of stupid atheists.
                  You are not here for Godly reasons, you are here to be an annoyance. Go back to begging for change at the freeway entrance ramp.
                  Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                  Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                  Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                  Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                  Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                  Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

                  Comment

                  • InGodWeTrust
                    Forum Member
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 98

                    #10
                    Re: Baptist Bashing

                    Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                    I'm not ignorant. I KNOW your viewpoint, and it's absurd.
                    No, our viewpoint is God's viewpoint. Yours is absurd. Something coming out of nothing, one droplet being enough to create the physical mass of billions of organisms.

                    Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                    Not all non-radical Christians are homosexuals.
                    You said boundaries so I mentioned one example. Homersexuals and homersexuality enablers like to think God allows their filth to go unpunished just because they feel like having intercourse with other homers.
                    Same goes for false believers who think they can themselves CHOOSE boundaries how they see fit. That's not how the world works. That's not what God wants, and that's certainly not what'll get you into heaven.
                    Repent while you still have a chance.

                    Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                    And you know what? Your threats of hell don't scare me, because I don't believe in it.
                    What you believe is irrelevant. God exists and he'll damn you for all eternity (technically, you're damning yourself for all eternity - stubborn infidel).

                    Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                    However, if you're wrong then you've wasted your ENTIRE life sucking up to a God that never existed to get into the same place everyone else goes.
                    God exists, your argument is invalid.

                    Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                    I'd rather live for today then fear for tomorrow.
                    That's what they all say before they spend an eternity in hell.

                    Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                    Remember, the person who spends their whole life fearing the worst, never gets to experience the best.
                    And you'll experience the worst in life and then some more in hell. An eternity.
                    Smart ass.
                    Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

                    Comment

                    • GoodChristian.
                      Confirmed Enemy of God
                      BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 26

                      #11
                      Re: Baptist Bashing

                      Indeed.

                      By disciplining our wives and children, we are just following the KJV1611 Bible and spreading His love.

                      Comment

                      • NotInRyebread
                        Unsaved trash
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 38

                        #12
                        Re: Baptist Bashing

                        You must be the type of "tolerant" person that lets your wife and children do as they please. If your child starts smoking pot or listening to heavy metal or engage in homosexuality, you do nothing, hmm? "Who am I to judge?".

                        We are good family men. We live according to the Bible. How dare you accuse us of doing evil acts!

                        You see, this is the kind of ignorance that bothers me. Well for one, I do not have any children. However, there are ways to discipline children and wives without beating them senseless.

                        You are trying to establish that people that aren't like you let their children do drugs or any of that other stuff.

                        You know what? My parents never beat me. Where am I in life? I've never consumed alcohol. I've never done a drug in my life. I am a heterosexual male attending a good college for a very promising career in Computer Science. You can't assume that just because we don't believe your ideals that our lives are going to amount to nothing.

                        By the way, heavy metal isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are a lot of bands out there that are heavy metal and don't represent satanic things. In fact, most of them do not. You would know this if you actually allowed yourself to learn something. And frankly, who cares? Music is music. My favorite band is Queen. The lead singer was gay, so what? The lead singer also did cocaine. My point is, I appreciate the music for what it is; fantastic music. Are some songs about not-so-appropriate things? Yes. But I'm not listening to music so that I can listen to every word and use it as an instruction manual. I personally listen to music for the value. As a life-long musician, I've always listened to music not for the message, but for the complexity.

                        Besides, your whole "PS3 Giveaway" thing is handing out free copies of Grand Theft Auto. How is THAT good for children? It supports gang violence, domestic violence, drugs, prostitution, sexual intercourse, transvestites, robbery, theft, and murder. Are THOSE good values to teach children?

                        Comment

                        • GoodChristian.
                          Confirmed Enemy of God
                          BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 26

                          #13
                          Re: Baptist Bashing

                          Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                          You see, this is the kind of ignorance that bothers me. Well for one, I do not have any children. However, there are ways to discipline children and wives without beating them senseless.

                          You are trying to establish that people that aren't like you let their children do drugs or any of that other stuff.

                          You know what? My parents never beat me. Where am I in life? I've never consumed alcohol. I've never done a drug in my life. I am a heterosexual male attending a good college for a very promising career in Computer Science. You can't assume that just because we don't believe your ideals that our lives are going to amount to nothing.

                          By the way, heavy metal isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are a lot of bands out there that are heavy metal and don't represent satanic things. In fact, most of them do not. You would know this if you actually allowed yourself to learn something. And frankly, who cares? Music is music. My favorite band is Queen. The lead singer was gay, so what? The lead singer also did cocaine. My point is, I appreciate the music for what it is; fantastic music. Are some songs about not-so-appropriate things? Yes. But I'm not listening to music so that I can listen to every word and use it as an instruction manual. I personally listen to music for the value. As a life-long musician, I've always listened to music not for the message, but for the complexity.

                          Besides, your whole "PS3 Giveaway" thing is handing out free copies of Grand Theft Auto. How is THAT good for children? It supports gang violence, domestic violence, drugs, prostitution, sexual intercourse, transvestites, robbery, theft, and murder. Are THOSE good values to teach children?
                          You're first line upsets me.
                          We are in NO WAY ignorant.
                          Maybe you were talking about yourself.

                          Comment

                          • InGodWeTrust
                            Forum Member
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 98

                            #14
                            Re: Baptist Bashing

                            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                            Well for one, I do not have any children. However, there are ways to discipline children and wives without beating them senseless.
                            You don't have children AND you don't believe in God. I don't think you're in any position to tell others how to take care of their family.

                            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                            You know what? My parents never beat me. Where am I in life? I've never consumed alcohol. I've never done a drug in my life. I am a heterosexual male attending a good college for a very promising career in Computer Science. You can't assume that just because we don't believe your ideals that our lives are going to amount to nothing.
                            And you'll burn in hell. What a waste of life.

                            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                            By the way, heavy metal isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are a lot of bands out there that are heavy metal and don't represent satanic things. In fact, most of them do not. You would know this if you actually allowed yourself to learn something.
                            Yes, it IS a bad thing.

                            Ec:7:5: It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.
                            Ec:7:6: For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.


                            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                            And frankly, who cares? Music is music.
                            God cares. God loves you and he wants you to make correct choices, not waste your life doing things that have no meaning.

                            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                            My favorite band is Queen.
                            See, I knew you were a homersexual. Now I know you're a liar too.

                            Originally posted by NotInRyebread View Post
                            The lead singer was gay, so what? The lead singer also did cocaine. My point is, I appreciate the music for what it is; fantastic music.
                            Look at the verses that I quoted.
                            Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

                            Comment

                            • NotInRyebread
                              Unsaved trash
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 38

                              #15
                              Re: Baptist Bashing

                              I'm sorry if you can't appreciate music. It is an amazing art form that predates religion. It also takes a lot more talent and hard work than memorizing a bible.

                              Comment

                              Working...