X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Loser_seed
    Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
    • Apr 2007
    • 293

    #46
    Re: Why can't we be friends?

    Originally posted by Enobarbus View Post
    Lunar, one of our Brothers here used to say: "Son, if I had to hit you over the head with a shovel to save your eternal soul, I'd do it!". He was a loving man, Lunar. What could be more hateful and vicious than to watch someone go straight to the excruciating pain of the Fires of Hell without trying to prevent it. Lunar, sometimes we may seem to be rudely straightforward, even abusive, in what we say, but we are saying it out of love -- do you understand. We want to save you Lunar. What is unloving and unkind about that?
    Sorry, but I beleave in reincarnation. There's always a new re-birth if I need it.

    Comment

    • Enobarbus
      Professor of English Landover University
      True Christian™
      • Sep 2006
      • 3496

      #47
      Re: Why can't we be friends?

      Originally posted by Lunar_seed View Post
      Sorry, but I beleave in reincarnation. There's always a new re-birth if I need it.
      Lunar, the Bible tells us there is no such thing as reincarnation, are you calling Almighty God a liar?
      Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

      Comment

      • SalvationSeeker
        True Christian™ Theologian
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2006
        • 3892

        #48
        Re: Why can't we be friends?

        Originally posted by Lunar_seed View Post
        Sorry, but I beleave in reincarnation. There's always a new re-birth if I need it.
        No such silliness is ever mentioned in the Holy Bible!
        So I'm gonna ask the same question as Pastor Enobarbus: are you calling God a liar?


        PS. Just why would you get one just because you "need" it?
        Do you really think YOU are that damn important, to dictate what will happen after death?
        If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
        A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
        Proverbs 9:12-13

        Comment

        • Loser_seed
          Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
          • Apr 2007
          • 293

          #49
          Re: Why can't we be friends?

          Originally posted by Enobarbus View Post
          Lunar, the Bible tells us there is no such thing as reincarnation, are you calling Almighty God a liar?

          No. It's just one of those things that I follow the Buddha on.

          Comment

          • Loser_seed
            Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
            • Apr 2007
            • 293

            #50
            Re: Why can't we be friends?

            Originally posted by SalvationSeeker View Post
            No such silliness is ever mentioned in the Holy Bible!
            So I'm gonna ask the same question as Pastor Enobarbus: are you calling God a liar?


            PS. Just why would you get one just because you "need" it?
            Do you really think YOU are that damn important, to dictate what will happen after death?
            I can't dictate what would happen, but if I don't get full enlightment, then I would have to get re-born.

            Comment

            • kikirnw

              #51
              Re: Why can't we be friends?

              Originally posted by Lunar_seed View Post
              No. It's just one of those things that I follow the Buddha on.
              Lunar, I do have a honest question to ask here. In following buddha and jesus do they contradict eachother?

              Comment

              • SalvationSeeker
                True Christian™ Theologian
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2006
                • 3892

                #52
                Re: Why can't we be friends?

                Originally posted by Lunar_seed View Post
                No. It's just one of those things that I follow the Buddha on.
                Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
                Exodus 20:3

                For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
                Exodus 34:14

                Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
                Deuteronomy 5:7

                Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;
                And then the LORD's wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit;
                And lest ye perish quickly from off the good land which the LORD giveth you.
                Deuteronomy 11:16-17

                For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
                Mark 13:22

                But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
                2 Peter 2:1

                Buddha was a false teacher, a demon possessed mad-man, and he is worshipped as an idol god.
                MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT: YOU CANNOT FOLLOW/WORSHIP BOTH BUDDHA AND JESUS!

                Originally posted by Lunar_seed View Post
                I can't dictate what would happen, but if I don't get full enlightment, then I would have to get re-born.
                Either you worship Jesus and go to Heaven, or you worship other "gods", and follow other teachings and go to Hell!
                It is that simple.
                Last edited by SalvationSeeker; 04-20-2007, 02:59 AM.
                If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
                A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
                Proverbs 9:12-13

                Comment

                • Loser_seed
                  Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 293

                  #53
                  Re: Why can't we be friends?

                  Originally posted by kikirnw View Post
                  Lunar, I do have a honest question to ask here. In following buddha and jesus do they contradict eachother?

                  Yes, they do. If you go to my Buddha topic, you can see that I posted up the noble truths the Buddha teached. I going to post up some more stuff later.

                  Comment

                  • kikirnw

                    #54
                    Re: Why can't we be friends?

                    Originally posted by Lunar_seed View Post
                    Yes, they do. If you go to my Buddha topic, you can see that I posted up the noble truths the Buddha teached. I going to post up some more stuff later.
                    I'll have to look it up later, but if they contradict eachother how does that work out for you?

                    Comment

                    • Bobby-Joe
                      Landover Security Superviser
                      Asset Loss Prevention and Personal Security Expert
                      NOT angry and positively NOT Gay
                      True Christian™
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 18405

                      #55
                      Re: Why can't we be friends?

                      Originally posted by kikirnw View Post
                      I'll have to look it up later, but if they contradict eachother how does that work out for you?
                      One of the contradictions Luna Seed is not dealing with as a follower of Jesus he is required to kill himself for being a follower of Buddha.

                      Time to reclaim our FREEDOM from the “Mullah in Chief” and his growing activist voter hoards of socialists, communists, anti-Semites, anti-Christians, atheists, radical gays and lesbians, feminists, illegal immigrants, Muslims, anti-Anglo whites and others.

                      Hot Must ReadThreads!


                      Time to come clean on Benghazi Mr Obama!

                      Comment

                      • Loser_seed
                        Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 293

                        #56
                        Re: Why can't we be friends?

                        Originally posted by kikirnw View Post
                        I'll have to look it up later, but if they contradict eachother how does that work out for you?

                        It works out great. When I just followed Jesus, I was ok, but when I 1st started to learn about Buddha and his teachings, I started to feel more in tune to how to get rid of all the bad things in my life.

                        Comment

                        • kikirnw

                          #57
                          Re: Why can't we be friends?

                          Originally posted by Lunar_seed View Post
                          It works out great. When I just followed Jesus, I was ok, but when I 1st started to learn about Buddha and his teachings, I started to feel more in tune to how to get rid of all the bad things in my life.
                          Ah,Lunar just don't forget when the bad,too. If we didn't have the bad then we wouldn't know what the good is.

                          Comment

                          • Loser_seed
                            Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 293

                            #58
                            Re: Why can't we be friends?

                            Originally posted by kikirnw View Post
                            Ah,Lunar just don't forget when the bad,too. If we didn't have the bad then we wouldn't know what the good is.
                            Oh, yea, I remeber.

                            Comment

                            • kikirnw

                              #59
                              Re: Why can't we be friends?

                              Originally posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
                              One of the contradictions Luna Seed is not dealing with as a follower of Jesus he is required to kill himself for being a follower of Buddha.
                              Why does or is he suppose to kill himself. Wouldn't make more sense to try and save him instead?

                              Comment

                              • SalvationSeeker
                                True Christian™ Theologian
                                Forum Member
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 3892

                                #60
                                Re: Why can't we be friends?

                                Originally posted by kikirnw View Post
                                Why does or is he suppose to kill himself. Wouldn't make more sense to try and save him instead?
                                He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
                                Exodus 22:20

                                God has, so many times, called upon believers to fulfill this commandment and kill the unsaved who refuse to repent and become Saved!
                                That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
                                2 Chronicles 15:13
                                Last edited by SalvationSeeker; 04-20-2007, 03:16 AM.
                                If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
                                A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
                                Proverbs 9:12-13

                                Comment

                                Working...