X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mistress Cookie
    Petite pearl of Baptist womanhood
    True Christian™
    • Jul 2008
    • 6790

    #1

    Sick of being labeled a "Hate Group"

    I have had it just about up to here with the "Southern Poverty Law Center", (whomsoever the heck they are) taking it upon themselves lately to label this church and that church a "hate group....and all because we take a stand on fulfilling God™s Word in regards to the homogays.

    This muckraking article is prime fodder.

    New report by national organization labels Tempe church a hate group
    By: Christopher Sign

    TEMPE, AZ - Tucked in a Tempe strip mall sits the Faithful Word Baptist Church .

    The church is not new and the controversy surrounding the beliefs of its leader are not new. However, a report released Wednesday by the Southern Poverty Law Center gives the church a new label.

    The SPLC is now listing the church as a hate group targeting homosexuals in a list of hate groups operating in Arizona.

    "Do I hate? Absolutely," said Faithful Word Baptist Church Pastor Steven Anderson.

    Anderson wasn't aware of the new article and label by the SPLC and wasn't surprised. When asked if he hates homosexuals, Anderson quickly said, "absolutley."

    Anderson's church made headlines several months ago when one of its members carried a rifle outside a downtown Phoenix building during a visit by President Barack Obama.

    On Wednesday night, prior to service, Anderson declined to read the article posted by the SPLC.

    "Am I all about hate? No I'm sure I'm more about love than I am hate," Anderson said. "I do hate homosexuals and if hating homosexuals makes our church a hate group then that's what we are."

    The church leader, with a Bible in his hand during the interview, said he preaches his hatred for homosexuals and wishes death upon them.

    "Should I be a Baptist Pastor if I don't believe what the Bible says, if parts of this book offend the Southern Poverty Law Center then it should label it a hate book."

    Anderson said his church members are now going door to door across Valley neighborhoods in an effort to recruit more followers.

    When asked if he is promoting violence against homosexuals, Anderson responded, "I've never promoted violence, I've never hurt anybody, it's just my opinions that are somehow deemed so dangerous."
    I know we are supposed to glory in persecution, for it brings our Salvation™ (Mathew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven, et al) but it's the sheer hypocrisy that gets me.

    This is my QUESTION:

    Why does a (by their own admission and advertising) poverty-prone law "firm" feel its entitled to get all high and mighty about what good Baptist churches do?

    If they could pull themselves up out of poverty, maybe the world would take them a little more seriously!
    Sick of being labeled a "Hate Group" .
  • Gabriel Reproba
    Head Attorney of Landover's Legal Team
    The Most Honest Lawyer in America
    True Christian™
    • Nov 2009
    • 2479

    #2
    Re: Sick of being labeled a "Hate Group"

    Amen, Sister. Just because we Baptists (even the more liberal ones like the one quoted in your article) point out the TRUTH that the Bible is NOT all bout love and peace, they label us haters. (See the scientific study in my sig block that PROVES that the Bible is NOT about love.)

    As that pastor says,
    "Should I be a Baptist Pastor if I don't believe what the Bible says, if parts of this book offend the Southern Poverty Law Center then it should label it a hate book."
    To put that in terms that the unsaved trash will understand, the Pastor is saying, "Don't hate the player, hate The Game!"
    Yours In Christ,

    Gabriel Reproba, Esq. (Lawyer for the Lord)

    Further reading to help you become a True Christian™

    Stoning Sinners: A How-To Guide
    Scientific Study: Bible is NOT "All About Love"
    The One Sin Jesus Says He Won't EVER Forgive!
    Should we only follow SOME of the Bible?
    How will YOU sacrifice your kids?
    20 Questions To See If Your Son Is A Fag
    God: Dress Like A Whore...Get Raped!
    Bible: If You Love Your Wife, Beat Her!
    Logic and Bible Agree: Gay is a choice!
    Nursery Rhymes Teach kids that Christ is Lord!
    There is no such thing as an "agnostic!"
    Science: People are Only Islamic Because They are Depressed!

    Reading only the parts of the Bible your pastor tells you to (those that make you feel warm and fuzzy) is nothing but mental and spiritual masturbation. Read the WHOLE Bible to find out what Christianity is REALLY all about! Only then can you talk to us about why we try so hard to save people from Hell.

    Comment

    • Mistress Cookie
      Petite pearl of Baptist womanhood
      True Christian™
      • Jul 2008
      • 6790

      #3
      Re: Sick of being labeled a "Hate Group"

      Thanks, Brother Gabe.

      But Jiminy Christmas, don't these muckrakers even do any research?

      If they just went to the church's website, they'd read:

      "Faithful Word Baptist Church is a young, family-oriented church. We would love to get to know you personally at one of our services!"

      Sure! Sounds pretty darn hateful to me!!

      And just LOOK at this pastor's sweet, righteous face! I'd like to see them tell me to my face that this precious Pastor Steven L. Anderson is the new face of hate!

      Jeez.
      .Pastor Steven L. Anderson
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • Rev. M. Rodimer
        Honorary True Christian™
        Forum Member
        • May 2008
        • 13996

        #4
        Re: Sick of being labeled a "Hate Group"

        Originally posted by Mistress Cookie View Post
        And just LOOK at this pastor's sweet, righteous face! I'd like to see them tell me to my face that this precious Pastor Steven L. Anderson is the new face of hate!

        Jeez.
        Hmm. He looks very familiar.

        Several years back, I took my truck stop ministry to Arizona. I walked into the men's room of a truck stop outside Phoenix, and saw a young man who looked remarkably like this picture (and, coincidentally, named Steven) on his knees, vigorously witnessing to and praying before five truckers. Enraptured with Jesus' Love, he was gasping for air and choking on his emotions.

        I was impressed with his boldness. After all, it takes quite a man to handle five truckers at once! I immediately joined him in helping those men learn about Jesus and His All-Consuming Love.

        Two hours later, both our knees and jaws were sore from our exhaustive praying. He thanked me in a somewhat raspy voice -- his throat had even become sore -- for joining in; he said he'd started with just two, but as other men walked in, they were irresistably drawn to the prayerful action and sought his attention as well, leaving him a tad overwhelmed. And after my arrival, three MORE joined the crew. We led eight men to Jesus that night!

        He had spoken of starting his own church; I wonder if this is him?
        Bible boring? Nonsense!
        Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
        You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

        Comment

        • Levi Jones
          Pastor of Hermeneutics and Apologetics
          Bathed in Christ's Precious Blood
          Apostle to the Cactuses, Tumbleweeds and Jackrabbits
           
          • Jul 2009
          • 13930

          #5
          Re: Sick of being labeled a "Hate Group"

          Sister, Southern Poverty Law Center is nothing but a bunch of uppity negroes backed by money from big Jewry.

          Pastor Anderson is one of the few godly men left in America. Never have I seen someone else preaching the Bible so truthfully outside of Freehold.

          The persecution he suffered under 0bama's gestapo outraged me!

          Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

          Comment

          • Gabriel Reproba
            Head Attorney of Landover's Legal Team
            The Most Honest Lawyer in America
            True Christian™
            • Nov 2009
            • 2479

            #6
            Re: Sick of being labeled a "Hate Group"

            I was honored to attend one of his most famous sermons:

            Yours In Christ,

            Gabriel Reproba, Esq. (Lawyer for the Lord)

            Further reading to help you become a True Christian™

            Stoning Sinners: A How-To Guide
            Scientific Study: Bible is NOT "All About Love"
            The One Sin Jesus Says He Won't EVER Forgive!
            Should we only follow SOME of the Bible?
            How will YOU sacrifice your kids?
            20 Questions To See If Your Son Is A Fag
            God: Dress Like A Whore...Get Raped!
            Bible: If You Love Your Wife, Beat Her!
            Logic and Bible Agree: Gay is a choice!
            Nursery Rhymes Teach kids that Christ is Lord!
            There is no such thing as an "agnostic!"
            Science: People are Only Islamic Because They are Depressed!

            Reading only the parts of the Bible your pastor tells you to (those that make you feel warm and fuzzy) is nothing but mental and spiritual masturbation. Read the WHOLE Bible to find out what Christianity is REALLY all about! Only then can you talk to us about why we try so hard to save people from Hell.

            Comment

            • HTannor
              America's Most Fair and Balanced Judge
              True Christian™
              • Jun 2009
              • 2612

              #7
              Re: Sick of being labeled a "Hate Group"

              Brother Reproba, I can't thank you enough for finding that awesome video of that fine young man "telling it like it is".

              I, for one, and I'm sure you, for another, would proudly stand and pissith upon walls with that young man at the earliest moment possible to show our solidarity in witnessing for Jesus.
              The Honorable HTannor (Pro NRA, Anti-Homer Marriage), Judge, Freehold Supreme Court

              "Credo elvem etiam vivere"

              Comment

              Working...