X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • baseballdad
    Unsaved trash
    Under Investigation
    • Oct 2020
    • 10

    #1

    Hi Im steve

    Good day fellow baptists my name is Steve im a 47 year old father of 1 boy (age 10) and 1 girl (age 15 ) husband of Helen my kids and my wife know not to disobey or they get put in their place have a good day
    Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
  • Basilissa
    South of the Border outreach program
    True Christian™
     
    • Mar 2013
    • 12997

    #2
    Re: Hi Im steve

    Hi Steve, and to God's favorite forum! Please do tell, which verse of the Holy Bible do you call your favorite? What church do you attend? And how did you come to find Jesus?
    God created fossils to test our faith.

    * * *

    My favorite LBC sermons:
    True Christians are Perfect!
    True Christian™ Love.
    Salvation™ made Easy!
    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
    God HATES Rational Thinking!
    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

    Comment

    • Isabella White
      True Christian™ Icon of Feminine Virtue
       
      • Mar 2019
      • 4379

      #3
      Re: Hi Im steve

      Well, hello to you, dear Mr. Steve, and to . I'm so very pleased that you have found us in our sacred space within the vast interwebs galaxy. Thank you for sharing a bit of your background for us. My, how it is so nice to know that you have a lovely home life, with your wife and kiddies. I wonder if I might ask what your favorite is, and which church you are attending currently?

      May bless you richly, Dear, as you fellowship with us, here, at .
      (Mrs.) Isabella White

      Hebrews 10:19 " Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the of "

      Comment

      • baseballdad
        Unsaved trash
        Under Investigation
        • Oct 2020
        • 10

        #4
        Re: Hi Im steve

        isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. I go to the white oak run baptist church . i found our lord and savor as my parents are also baptist and i was baptised at the age of 10
        Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

        Comment

        • MitzaLizalor
          Completely CRAZY for the Lord
          True Christian™
          • Sep 2010
          • 14688

          #5
          Re: Hi Im steve

          Hi .. Isaiah is always encouraging. So many people say that if Jesus was so important, why didn't the Hebrew sources provide sufficient information for 1st century Jewry to identify Him?

          Satan is the answer here. And in Isaiah are preserved many elements of Christ's character, His mission and the circumstances of His birth, needed for recognition. All that's required is to read it.

          Perhaps they had..read it? I don't know. But they rejected Christ despite the evidence as He walked among them, recorded so that we will know, just as prophecy was recorded so that they..would know, yet still so many people say He was never important at all.

          That is why Isaiah is always so encouraging. Have you read Jeremiah?

          Comment

          • baseballdad
            Unsaved trash
            Under Investigation
            • Oct 2020
            • 10

            #6
            Re: Hi Im steve

            Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
            Hi .. Isaiah is always encouraging. So many people say that if Jesus was so important, why didn't the Hebrew sources provide sufficient information for 1st century Jewry to identify Him?

            Satan is the answer here. And in Isaiah are preserved many elements of Christ's character, His mission and the circumstances of His birth, needed for recognition. All that's required is to read it.

            Perhaps they had..read it? I don't know. But they rejected Christ despite the evidence as He walked among them, recorded so that we will know, just as prophecy was recorded so that they..would know, yet still so many people say He was never important at all.

            That is why Isaiah is always so encouraging. Have you read Jeremiah?
            I have read every word in the King James Bible my mom would have beaten me if i didn't this is my favorite verse from the book of Jeremiah 31:22 How long will you wander, unfaithful Daughter Israel? The LORD will create a new thing on earth— the woman will return to the man.”
            Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

            Comment

            • weirdcouple
              Unsaved trash, boring addicts of geriatric porn
              • Oct 2020
              • 5

              #7
              Re: Hi Im steve

              Originally posted by baseballdad View Post
              Good day fellow baptists my name is Steve im a 47 year old father of 1 boy (age 10) and 1 girl (age 15 ) husband of Helen my kids and my wife know not to disobey or they get put in their place have a good day
              welcome steve

              Comment

              • Basilissa
                South of the Border outreach program
                True Christian™
                 
                • Mar 2013
                • 12997

                #8
                Re: Hi Im steve

                You seem to have a good grip of the Holy Bible, Steve. Please feel free to post in any thread you wish. At this stage you are not allowed to create new threads but you can post in any thread. (Many of the newcomers are godless hellbound heathens, which is why we are quite cautious, you understand).
                God created fossils to test our faith.

                * * *

                My favorite LBC sermons:
                True Christians are Perfect!
                True Christian™ Love.
                Salvation™ made Easy!
                You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                God HATES Rational Thinking!
                True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

                Comment

                • Martha Chump
                  Unsaved trash
                  • Oct 2020
                  • 86

                  #9
                  Re: Hi Im steve

                  Originally posted by baseballdad View Post
                  Good day fellow baptists my name is Steve im a 47 year old father of 1 boy (age 10) and 1 girl (age 15 ) husband of Helen my kids and my wife know not to disobey or they get put in their place have a good day

                  Hi Steve! Welcome!


                  I feel I've seen your face before on TV.


                  That Chris Hansen show...what's it called. The one where he makes visitors sit on a stool.
                  Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

                  Comment

                  • baseballdad
                    Unsaved trash
                    Under Investigation
                    • Oct 2020
                    • 10

                    #10
                    Re: Hi Im steve

                    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                    You seem to have a good grip of the Holy Bible, Steve. Please feel free to post in any thread you wish. At this stage you are not allowed to create new threads but you can post in any thread. (Many of the newcomers are godless hellbound heathens, which is why we are quite cautious, you understand).
                    I completely understand i've seen some already but most of the people here have been quite nice may god bless you
                    Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

                    Comment

                    • MitzaLizalor
                      Completely CRAZY for the Lord
                      True Christian™
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 14688

                      #11
                      Re: Hi Im steve

                      Originally posted by baseballdad View Post
                      I have read every word in the King James Bible my mom would have beaten me if i didn't :thumbsup: this is my favorite verse from the book of Jeremiah 31:22 How long will you wander, unfaithful Daughter Israel? The LORD will create a new thing on earth— the woman will return to the man.”
                      Fortunately I never required discipline for reading too little. Isaiah was the first book I read all the way through when I was about 8 but I've also read other passages. For a while at home there was an attempt to introduce The New English Bible so out of deference I read that too. Later on I purchased a random selection of English translations from a university bookshop which is how I discovered The Jerusalem Bible ©1966 and even before the NEB fiasco I'd seen a Revised Version in a rural Methodist Church. Perhaps my disposition to read up before arguing with adults, citing comparative references throughout, warranted discipline - but for not..reading? Wasn't gonna happen.

                      Like you, I have read every word in the King James Bible and I can remember what I've read. But this post isn't about me. Here are some different renditions of the Jeremiah passage you cited:

                      Revised Version How long wilt thou go hither and thither, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall encompass a man.

                      New English Bible ‘How long will you vacillate, you who were once like an unfaithful daughter? For I, the Lord, promise to bring about something new on the earth, something as unique as a woman protecting a man!’”

                      Amplified Bible “How long will you hesitate [to return], O you faithless and renegade daughter? For the Lord has created a new thing in the land [of Israel]: A woman will encompass (tenderly love) a man.”

                      Jerusalem Bible ©1966 How long will you hesitate, disloyal daughter? For Yahweh is creating something new on earth: the Woman sets out to find her Husband again.

                      Authorized Version (King James) How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

                      • NIV How long will you wander, unfaithful Daughter Israel? The LORD will create a new thing on earth— the woman will return to the man.

                      I have read every word in the King James Bible my mom would have beaten me if i didn't :thumbsup: this is my favorite verse from the book of Jeremiah 31:22
                      How long will you wander, unfaithful Daughter Israel? The LORD will create a new thing on earth— the woman will return to the man.”
                      I have read every word in the King James Bible my mom would have beaten me if i didn't :thumbsup: this is my favorite verse from the book of Jeremiah 31:22 How long will you wander, unfaithful Daughter Israel? The LORD will create a new thing on earth— the woman will return to the man.”


                      Can you see the problem?

                      Comment

                      • James Hutchins
                        True Christian™
                        Just a Regular Nice Guy
                         
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 29457

                        #12
                        Re: Hi Im steve

                        Hello Steve
                        Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                        Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                        Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                        Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                        Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                        Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

                        Comment

                        • baseballdad
                          Unsaved trash
                          Under Investigation
                          • Oct 2020
                          • 10

                          #13
                          Re: Hi Im steve

                          yes I see the problem I had to use a digital bible sadly and I couldn't find the authorised version i had left my bible at church and in my old age ny memories a bit foggy i found it and I was going to fix it but I remembered (for once) that I can't edit i'm sorry for it. if I came across as a liar I can assure you that was is not the case I would rather go out to drinks with bing crosby then lie
                          Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

                          Comment

                          • Dr Laurence Niles
                            Psychotheological Analyst Therapist
                             
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 9063

                            #14
                            Re: Hi Im steve

                            Originally posted by baseballdad View Post
                            yes I see the problem I had to use a digital bible sadly and I couldn't find the authorised version i had left my bible at church and in my old age ny memories a bit foggy i found it and I was going to fix it but I remembered (for once) that I can't edit i'm sorry for it. if I came across as a liar I can assure you that was is not the case I would rather go out to drinks with bing crosby then lie
                            Hello Stephen. I see you wear glasses. Have you ever fallen in a ditch? Or led anybody else to fall into a ditch, hole or pit?

                            Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

                            I'm not saying that you are a teacher and have a preoccupation with the blind but I think the question has merit.
                            1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

                            Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

                            Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

                            Comment

                            • MitzaLizalor
                              Completely CRAZY for the Lord
                              True Christian™
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 14688

                              #15
                              Re: Hi Im steve

                              There's a hover link - if you move the cursor over a reference

                              Ruth 4:22

                              it should come up in the preview.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	pane.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1923989

                              By clicking on the more » link the quote is available to copy.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	button.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	1923990

                              On that page is a Read more button.
                              By clicking that you'll get the verse (or verses) in context.

                              Ruth helps me understand how Jesus was related to Jesse.


                              Isaiah 11:1-2, 8-9 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: and the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD … And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

                              Comment

                              Working...