X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    [...]I've got no perception of God. At least I don't see Him as a single entity...
    For a person who says they have no perception of God, you're doing quite well.

    The problem you have with "not seeing Him as a single Entity" is understandable. God is The Trinity; that is to say He is God The Father, God The Son and God The Holy Spirit.

    It is best just to accept it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mrs. Rogers
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    Could you tell me in wich location of the world this event hapened?Middle East?
    I believe so, dear. Unfortunately the Bible doesn't say how the LORD transported two of every animal not indigenous to that particular part of the world, e.g., Kangaroos, Tuatara etc., for their sailing trip.

    Perhaps He levitated them across the Pacific Ocean, and onto the ark? I like to think so anyway.

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by James Dewitt View Post
    Have you really READ the bible and thought what does it all mean? I don't think you are stupid just ignorant !
    A stupid person does not have the ability to learn
    an ignorant person has not had the opportunity to learn

    I would really like to know what is your perception of God? Lets just say it's between you and I.
    No I'm really stupid!I don't have the ability to Believe so that definitely makes me stupid!

    I've got no perception of God. At least I don't see Him as a single entity...

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
    ...two of every animal on a boat...
    Could you tell me in wich location of the world this event hapened?Middle East?

    Leave a comment:


  • Levi Jones
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    Yep, science fails here, the zero moment is something science can't explain...They're trying to confirme the theories about the zero moment at switzerland/france right now but I don't think they'll ever find anything...

    However don't use this to try to prove me that God does exists, I neither believe in the Big Bang or in God, at least in your concept of God...
    I suppose it would be a tad Blaise for me to suggest that you have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

    If some unsaved trash has a problem believing in unicorns, dragons, seas parting, people turning into pillars of salt, virgin birth, two of every animal on a boat and etc., I don't really think we have much to talk about.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Dewitt
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Have you really READ the bible and thought what does it all mean? I don't think you are stupid just ignorant !
    A stupid person does not have the ability to learn
    an ignorant person has not had the opportunity to learn

    I would really like to know what is your perception of God? Lets just say it's between you and I.

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by James Dewitt View Post
    So then Brother what is it that you consider the beginning of all things. Where and how did everything start? You can not give an answer can you, I can God created every thing from the smallest sub atomic particle to the universe. All that you survey when you look out your window. God even created you. God gave us life and the knowledge that if we lead a life the way He has told us, we will live for eternity in His Grace and love. If you can disprove that do so.

    Praise Jesus.
    And I choose to have diferente beliefs. I'll never see God as you see It, and I won't try to make you see God as I see Him, so please, and as I've asked you on my answer to your question, don't try to prove me that God does exists.

    I usually say that the bad thing about being an atheist is that you're allways a target, and everyone tries to measure their intelligence by hitting on you...I'm plain stupid my friend, and so I can only understand religion from what I've seen with my eyes: No book can replace that kind of knowledge.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Dewitt
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    Yep, science fails here, the zero moment is something science can't explain...They're trying to confirme the theories about the zero moment at switzerland/france right now but I don't think they'll ever find anything...

    However don't use this to try to prove me that God does exists, I neither believe in the Big Bang or in God, at least in your concept of God...
    So then Brother what is it that you consider the beginning of all things. Where and how did everything start? You can not give an answer can you, I can God created every thing from the smallest sub atomic particle to the universe. All that you survey when you look out your window. God even created you. God gave us life and the knowledge that if we lead a life the way He has told us, we will live for eternity in His Grace and love. If you can disprove that do so.

    Praise Jesus.

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by James Dewitt View Post
    I would like to ask one simple question. According to most of the scientific body( from what I have read) the universe was a result of the" big bang" all things were a result of one massive explosion of matter/ or anti matter. The results of the Big Bang are the universe and all of its stars, planets, etc . The question I have is where did the original matter come from? It had to have an origin did it not, or was it created from nothing? Could it be that God created it?
    Yep, science fails here, the zero moment is something science can't explain...They're trying to confirme the theories about the zero moment at switzerland/france right now but I don't think they'll ever find anything...

    However don't use this to try to prove me that God does exists, I neither believe in the Big Bang or in God, at least in your concept of God...

    Leave a comment:


  • James Dewitt
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    "Everything" can be modeled mathematically except the moment of creation, only unproved theories exists...

    And no need to thank!
    I would like to ask one simple question. According to most of the scientific body( from what I have read) the universe was a result of the" big bang" all things were a result of one massive explosion of matter/ or anti matter. The results of the Big Bang are the universe and all of its stars, planets, etc . The question I have is where did the original matter come from? It had to have an origin did it not, or was it created from nothing? Could it be that God created it?

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by GOD=life View Post
    even the unpredictable can be modeled mathematically.
    "Everything" can be modeled mathematically except the moment of creation, only unproved theories exists...

    And no need to thank!

    Leave a comment:


  • GOD=life
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    The laws of the universe leaves no room to free will, ...
    And yet, we do have free will (enter quantum mechanics). As QM shows, even the unpredictable can be modeled mathematically.

    But... thank you kindly for being civilized and showing that people with different vantage points can have a decent conversation. I hope that the true depth of what we try to accomplish at LBC will some day become fully apparent to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by GOD=life View Post
    Ah, but what if laws were written by the same entity that "wrote" the programming of the universe? That's where the Bible comes in.
    The laws of the universe leaves no room to free will, as God created both the Universe and the Bible, why should the Bible allow free will?

    And we could go on circles with all this, and religious/atheism discussions are sumarized into rampages of logic until someone reaches a dead end...

    You're a really clever person, and I really enjoyed your last answer, if you allow me, I'll save it

    Leave a comment:


  • GOD=life
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    However I do believe secular laws where made by men, so some of them are definitely wrong as no men is perfect...
    Ah, but what if laws were written by the same entity that "wrote" the programming of the universe? That's where the Bible comes in.

    The point, however, is that your own creativity and decisions still make a unique "you", even when there are various boundary conditions. So regardless of whether the Bible was written by men or by God (*), in both situations you have enough room to be your own unique self.

    (*) Technically, the Bible was indeed written by men. It was dictated by God.

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    Mathematics leaves no room for free will, neither physics laws.
    And yet, even within an inherently mathematical universe, we do have free will. Science confirms time after time that very simple elegant mathematical formulas can describe unimaginably complex mechanics. This is something you can agree on, regardless of your views on the Bible.

    Unlike Biblical laws, the laws of physics are enforced accurately and in real-time. Yet even in the case of laws where you are forced to comply, you can still find ways to be an individual.

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by GOD=life View Post
    Ah, but you are trying to nudge us away from using the Bible under the guise of a rational argument. But okay, assuming you are not the Devil in disguise...

    Do you follow secular laws? If so, why? If you have free will, can't you make up your own mind instead of following a script?

    Also, in mathematics class, do you follow the rules your professor explains or do you follow your own ideas? You have free will and intelligence after all...

    When you drop an apple, do you expect it to follow a script and fall to the ground?

    Thus, the same argument can be applied to many different scenarios. Just because we have the instruction manual (Bible) does not mean we are robots with no input of our own.
    Touché my dear friend!

    However I do believe secular laws where made by men, so some of them are definitely wrong as no men is perfect...

    Mathematics leaves no room for free will, neither physics laws.

    Leave a comment:

Working...