X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GOD=life
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I asked not to quote the Bible
    You ask a Pastor to not quote the Bible? That doesn't make sense. I have, however, presented an argument with no direct Bible references. You will see, however, that logic and the Bible are 100% compatible if we don't water it down with our own interpretation.

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    But the Bible says we are supposed to adhere to it's every word. Contradicting God is never a good plan.
    I asked not to quote the Bible, because I was asking about the possibility of wrong things on the Bible, and so by saying "But the Bible says we are supposed to adhere to it's every word." you're quoting the Bible and according to my question possibly using some bad things as an example of how the Bible is correct. That would be contradictory when related to my question...

    Leave a comment:


  • GOD=life
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    So you don't have to quote the Bible in order to be right or wrong, you only have to decide you, and only yourself, what is right or wrong ...
    Ah, but you are trying to nudge us away from using the Bible under the guise of a rational argument. But okay, assuming you are not the Devil in disguise...

    Do you follow secular laws? If so, why? If you have free will, can't you make up your own mind instead of following a script?

    Also, in mathematics class, do you follow the rules your professor explains or do you follow your own ideas? You have free will and intelligence after all...

    When you drop an apple, do you expect it to follow a script and fall to the ground?

    Thus, the same argument can be applied to many different scenarios. Just because we have the instruction manual (Bible) does not mean we are robots with no input of our own.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I don't find the Bible useless if God put words in It wich could be wrong on purpose. In fact I see it as a selection tool for God. And you don't have to justify anything to anyone but God right? So you don't have to quote the Bible in order to be right or wrong, you only have to decide you, and only yourself, what is right or wrong and by doing that you'll be using your free will instead of follow the Bible to letter in order to avoid going to hell. God wouldn't give us inteligence if we were only suposed to follow a script...
    But the Bible says we are supposed to adhere to it's every word. Contradicting God is never a good plan.

    2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

    2 Peter 1:20: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

    Matthew 5:18: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by GOD=life View Post
    Interesting angle, but this would make yourself the arbiter of what God does and does not intend. With other words: you could justify any point of view simply by picking the parts that somehow could be interpreted to substantiate your claim and disregard the parts that don't. The information ratio relative to simply following your own conscience would thus be reduced to zero and you could toss out the Bible altogether.

    Since we assume a completely logical and consistent God, we can only conclude that it is not His intention to effectively render the Bible useless.

    The way modern Christians use the Bible does render it useless, both as a singular source of morality and otherwise.
    I don't find the Bible useless if God put words in It wich could be wrong on purpose. In fact I see it as a selection tool for God. And you don't have to justify anything to anyone but God right? So you don't have to quote the Bible in order to be right or wrong, you only have to decide you, and only yourself, what is right or wrong and by doing that you'll be using your free will instead of follow the Bible to letter in order to avoid going to hell. God wouldn't give us inteligence if we were only suposed to follow a script...

    Leave a comment:


  • TheLordSavedMe
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    What if God placed bad things on the Bible on purpose so He could truly find those who can use their free will and discern good from evil?
    What kind of "bad things" are you talking about? Like pentagram or a dead rat, stuff like that? Why would God put stuff like that on a Bible anyways?

    But if He did, I would just take the bad thing off of the Bible and put the Bible away if I wasn't planning on reading it.

    And if it was something REALLY REALLY bad and gross like dog poop or barf or something, I would put on dishwashing gloves first, because that stuff makes me gag!

    But then I would wash off the Bible, and maybe even spray it with Lysol or Febreeze so it wouldn't be all stinky. I would hate it if my Bible was all stinky!!!

    Tammi

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by James Dewitt View Post
    I know nothing of a fazer. My nephew works for HD. that is all I will ever own. I have a 1999 Electra Glide In Blue full dress, a queen seat for Mrs Dewitt, 85,000 miles and still riding well. Why do you Hate Jesus?
    The question was for James Hutchins, Sorry!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    Back on topic:



    What if God placed bad things on the Bible on purpose so He could truly find those who can use their free will and discern good from evil? What of God wanted us to think instead of accepting everything he gave to us as the only truth? And don't quote the Bible on me, that would contradict what I just asked!

    PS:James Have you read my question about the Fazer?
    What if, what if, what if. The problem with that scenario is there is nothing to support that being real, and therefore no motive to believe such a heresy. One way you can look at it is how True Christians(tm) act since we follow the Bible word-for-word and are the best examples of morality on the face of the earth. I can tell you that all my True Christian(tm) brothers and sisters here at Landover are the epitomes of morality. Therefore, the Bible is true.

    Leave a comment:


  • GOD=life
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    What if God placed bad things on the Bible on purpose so He could truly find those who can use their free will and discern good from evil? What of God wanted us to think instead of accepting everything he gave to us as the only truth? And don't quote the Bible on me, that would contradict what I just asked!
    Interesting angle, but this would make yourself the arbiter of what God does and does not intend. With other words: you could justify any point of view simply by picking the parts that somehow could be interpreted to substantiate your claim and disregard the parts that don't. The information ratio relative to simply following your own conscience would thus be reduced to zero and you could toss out the Bible altogether.

    Since we assume a completely logical and consistent God, we can only conclude that it is not His intention to effectively render the Bible useless.

    The way modern Christians use the Bible does render it useless, both as a singular source of morality and otherwise.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Dewitt
    replied
    Re: Hello

    I know nothing of a fazer. My nephew works for HD. that is all I will ever own. I have a 1999 Electra Glide In Blue full dress, a queen seat for Mrs Dewitt, 85,000 miles and still riding well. Why do you Hate Jesus?

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Back on topic:

    Originally posted by GOD=life View Post
    ....But what's the use of the Bible if you can just pick and choose the parts you like? Christianity is not supposed to be a DIY religion. If you want to get into the Heaven God made, then you have to follow the Bible that God wrote.
    What if God placed bad things on the Bible on purpose so He could truly find those who can use their free will and discern good from evil? What of God wanted us to think instead of accepting everything he gave to us as the only truth? And don't quote the Bible on me, that would contradict what I just asked!

    PS:James Have you read my question about the Fazer?

    Leave a comment:


  • James Dewitt
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
    Of course he does, it is God's Favorite™ language. You do know we are blessed by your persecution. It is sinners and false Christians such as yourself that further to bolster our Crusade. Come judgment day, you'll be clawing at the closed doors to Heaven, begging to get in while we pour Holy Boiling Oil© upon you to send you sliding into the depths of Hell. You're dead. Instantly your soul begin falling towards the black abyss above Hell. The falling seems eternal as you gather speed and the heat begins to grow. Then you notice a red dot below you growing larger by the second, this is the Lake in the center of Hell. It is the brightest point in Hell therefore it is visible for a great distance. Keep in mind that the farther you fall, the further from Christ you are.
    As you gain speed and the flames become apparent you may wonder how you can stop this from happening. The answer is simple. It's too late and you can't, you're doomed. Your soul is damned and it WILL happen. The temperature is now approaching the unbearable limit as your flesh begins to smoulder and ignite and you continue to build speed as you plummet toward the now visible boiling Lake of Fire. You can almost make out individual souls thrashing in the magma with your flaming eyesockets. Soon you will join them, your terror mounts as your screams become gargled with the stench of Hells evil smell. The heat becomes excruciating as you notice your skin peeling away and your bones becoming visible and black. Flaming and screaming in anguish, you splashdown into the acidic brimstone of Satans Lake at around 250 MPH. You are instantly vaporized and reformed as a tormented soul writhing in absolute terror in the deafening depths of the Lake that Burns Eternal. The pain is beyond comprehension as you gnash your teeth so hard they shatter in your mouth. Satan periodically plucks you from the flames to savagely rape repeatedly and casually tosses you to his infernal minions to rip apart and rape at will, only to be reformed and have this scenario repeated...over and over and over, forever.
    Is it still funny mocking our mission to Save your soul? We want you to enjoy Heaven and eternal praise and worship at the feet of our Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Unless you are Saved™ by Jesus Christ and His Holy website and favorite church, Landover Baptist, there is no other way to avoid this.

    Remember, Jesus Loves you

    Brother James, after that horrid description of hell, I find myself on bended kneels begging for Jesus to for give me. I all most wet my self.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cranky Old Man
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    But being human I lack the ammount of time required to fixe more then 1 harley/week...

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by SayvedByTheLord View Post
    Both of you are pissing off Jesus. He has several Harleys and does not appreciate your blasphemous statements.

    In addition, Sister Tali may be upset too, although I cannot speak for her lovely self.
    If I were Omnipotent I would also own several Harleys...But being human I lack the ammount of time required to fixe more then 1 harley/week...

    Leave a comment:


  • Cranky Old Man
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I'll stop the off-topic now, I promisse
    Well, it's your introduction thread so talking about yourself would be on topic here.

    Leave a comment:

Working...