X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BrittanyKelton
    Unsaved Trash, Hatemonger
    • Jan 2010
    • 58

    #1

    Because I was commanded to...

    Hello all, I'm new to this website.
    My name is Brittany I've just recently joined my local Baptist church and I am looking for guidance and answers to my many many questions!

    Thanks in advance!
  • Pastor Ezekiel
    Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
     
    • Sep 2006
    • 78556

    #2
    Re: Because I was commanded to...

    That wasn't much of an introduction.

    How old are you? What church does your husband take you to? What's his favorite pie?
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

    Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

    Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

    Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

    Comment

    • BrittanyKelton
      Unsaved Trash, Hatemonger
      • Jan 2010
      • 58

      #3
      Re: Because I was commanded to...

      I'm 17, unmarried. I prefer to not reveal my location over the internet, but I live in New York and I am VERY new to baptism.

      This hasn't been much of a friendly response to innocent questions so far, I'm afraid.

      Comment

      • Cranky Old Man
        Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
        You kids get off his lawn!
         
        • Jan 2010
        • 22380

        #4
        Re: Because I was commanded to...

        Welcome to our forum!

        Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
        This hasn't been much of a friendly response to innocent questions so far, I'm afraid.
        What are your questions exactly?
        5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
        To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
        James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

        Comment

        • Pastor Ezekiel
          Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
           
          • Sep 2006
          • 78556

          #5
          Re: Because I was commanded to...

          Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
          Welcome to our forum!

          What are your questions exactly?
          She keeps pestering me about sex.
          Who Will Jesus Damn?

          Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

          Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

          Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

          Comment

          • James Hutchins
            True Christian™
            Just a Regular Nice Guy
             
            • Jun 2009
            • 29457

            #6
            Re: Because I was commanded to...

            Brittany, we are Baptists, Baptism is what occurrs when you are repented.
            Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
            Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
            Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
            Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
            Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
            Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

            Comment

            • Cranky Old Man
              Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
              You kids get off his lawn!
               
              • Jan 2010
              • 22380

              #7
              Re: Because I was commanded to...

              Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
              She keeps pestering me about sex.
              Hm, that's not very healthy for an unmarried woman.
              5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
              To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
              James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

              Comment

              • BrittanyKelton
                Unsaved Trash, Hatemonger
                • Jan 2010
                • 58

                #8
                Re: Because I was commanded to...

                Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
                Welcome to our forum!

                What are your questions exactly?

                Oh, you've been the only one to give me responses that weren't hateful/offending in any way. So, I REALLY appreciate it.

                But I was referring to my questions in the "Only Satan gives women orgasms" topic. They truly were innocent and Pastor Ezekiel seems to have a bit of a problem with me. I've grown up learning biology and science and this is all new to me, which was why I was looking for satisfying answers to help me understand why God would give women the ability to orgasm in the first place.

                Comment

                • Cranky Old Man
                  Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
                  You kids get off his lawn!
                   
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 22380

                  #9
                  Re: Because I was commanded to...

                  Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
                  But I was referring to my questions in the "Only Satan gives women orgasms" topic.
                  To be honest I think it is not healthy to think about such subjects. I understand you are curious, having had several kids myself, but it is a dangerous form of curiosity that can best be cured by intensive Bible Study and a lot of praying.
                  5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                  To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                  James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

                  Comment

                  • BrittanyKelton
                    Unsaved Trash, Hatemonger
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 58

                    #10
                    Re: Because I was commanded to...

                    Pastor Ezekiel, no disrespect, but the whole topic was about sex. I wasn't the only person replying and I never asked for your personal answer, it was your choice to respond to me.

                    Comment

                    • Pastor Ezekiel
                      Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
                       
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 78556

                      #11
                      Re: Because I was commanded to...

                      Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
                      Oh, you've been the only one to give me responses that weren't hateful/offending in any way. So, I REALLY appreciate it.

                      But I was referring to my questions in the "Only Satan gives women orgasms" topic. They truly were innocent and Pastor Ezekiel seems to have a bit of a problem with me. I've grown up learning biology and science and this is all new to me, which was why I was looking for satisfying answers to help me understand why God would give women the ability to orgasm in the first place.
                      I find it unhealthy and unChristianlike for a teenaged girl to be discussing such things. You shouldn't even know what an "orgasm" is! What kind of parents let their children think about such depravities? And demanding "why" of God is never a good idea.

                      1 Timothy 2:11-15
                      Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing.
                      Who Will Jesus Damn?

                      Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

                      Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

                      Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

                      Comment

                      • Cranky Old Man
                        Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
                        You kids get off his lawn!
                         
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 22380

                        #12
                        Re: Because I was commanded to...

                        Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
                        Pastor Ezekiel, no disrespect, but the whole topic was about sex. I wasn't the only person replying and I never asked for your personal answer, it was your choice to respond to me.
                        When you post in our forums, you can expect people to respond.
                        5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                        To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                        James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

                        Comment

                        • BrittanyKelton
                          Unsaved Trash, Hatemonger
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 58

                          #13
                          Re: Because I was commanded to...

                          Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
                          To be honest I think it is not healthy to think about such subjects. I understand you are curious, having had several kids myself, but it is a dangerous form of curiosity that can best be cured by intensive Bible Study and a lot of praying.
                          Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

                          Comment

                          • BrittanyKelton
                            Unsaved Trash, Hatemonger
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 58

                            #14
                            Re: Because I was commanded to...

                            Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                            I find it unhealthy and unChristianlike for a teenaged girl to be discussing such things. You shouldn't even know what an "orgasm" is! What kind of parents let their children think about such depravities? And demanding "why" of God is never a good idea.
                            Excuse me Pastor, but why is asking God why wrong? I have confidence that He will answer my questions or send me to a forum like this where other more experienced Baptists than myself can! (:

                            I go to public school, we are taught about human reproduction and as a consequence, I know about the reproductive system.

                            Comment

                            • BrittanyKelton
                              Unsaved Trash, Hatemonger
                              • Jan 2010
                              • 58

                              #15
                              Re: Because I was commanded to...

                              Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
                              When you post in our forums, you can expect people to respond.
                              That is my point exactly. I was not pestering him personally, but pestering in general perhaps aha. (:

                              It was his choice to respond to my question. If he felt he would be pestered, he didn't have to respond.

                              Comment

                              Working...