X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SayvedByTheLord
    Sinner Who Has Found the Truth©
    True Christian™
    • May 2007
    • 3151

    #61
    Re: Because I was commanded to...

    Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
    Thank you very much for trying and your concern is greatly appreciated but let me tell you the story of how I ended up a non-believer.

    I have a friend in school who belongs to a deeply religious family, all strict baptist. She had been trying very hard to convince me to go to youth group with her for months, and so one week I decided to give it a try (before this I believed in God but did not go to church and He wasn't really a part of my life).

    So I went to the youth group meeting and it was so much fun! I loved it. We played hilarious games and the last 30 minutes we had discussions about the bible.

    After a couple weeks of going, my friend urged me to begin reading the Bible myself. And so I did. But the more I read, the more contradictions I found. The more I read the less I believed. The more I read the less I wanted to live my life by Him and His word because from it was so much hate and prejudice. I thought for a long while. I discussed my questions with my parents. I admitted my doubt in Him. And when I did that , I FELT FREE. Completely free. I continued to read the Bible so that I could be sure that I really did not believe in Him. Again, the more I read, the more convinced I was.

    Something in myself wasn't comfortable with Him for years. I now feel like I have found the answer.
    I know you think that you know the truth, God did give us free will.

    But again, He sent you to us. We will not give up on you, to become Washed in His Blood is the gateway to Heaven.


    Leviticus 26:27-29

    27 And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;
    28 Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
    29 And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.

    Comment

    • BrittanyKelton
      Unsaved Trash, Hatemonger
      • Jan 2010
      • 58

      #62
      Re: Because I was commanded to...

      Originally posted by SayvedByTheLord View Post
      I know you think that you know the truth, God did give us free will.

      But again, He sent you to us. We will not give up on you, to become Washed in His Blood is the gateway to Heaven.
      Please, tell me why you believe so strongly. Did you come from a family of strong faith? What is it you have that I lack?

      Comment

      • SayvedByTheLord
        Sinner Who Has Found the Truth©
        True Christian™
        • May 2007
        • 3151

        #63
        Re: Because I was commanded to...

        Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
        Please, tell me why you believe so strongly. Did you come from a family of strong faith? What is it you have that I lack?
        You only lack resolve. I too was a doubting sinner upon coming here but I was pulled back from Hells Abyss by the gentle, loving, True Christians™ here.

        Some are more zealous than others I but they mean well and only want what is best for you.


        Leviticus 26:27-29

        27 And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;
        28 Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
        29 And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.

        Comment

        • Cranky Old Man
          Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
          You kids get off his lawn!
           
          • Jan 2010
          • 22380

          #64
          Re: Because I was commanded to...

          Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
          And if I do meet God after I die, I doubt he will be more offended by my Atheism than by the misinterpretation of His message and religion.
          Agreed.

          But do you not see the hate and violence that fanatics of this religion spread?
          I agree there is a lot of hate and violence in the name of many false religions. I also think True Christians who follow the entire Holy Bible are not part of that.

          Religion has started more wars and shed more blood then any other independent thing in history.
          It's people who start wars, not religions. And indeed many people have started wars using religion as an excuse. But those are false believers and false religions. True Christians would not do such things.
          5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
          To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
          James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

          Comment

          • Ezekiel Bathfire
            Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
            Christ's Rottweiler
             
            • Jan 2008
            • 22931

            #65
            Re: Because I was commanded to...

            Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
            Agreed.[...]True Christians would not do such things.
            Except, of course, if commanded by God to attack and slaughter some heathen tribe or race:

            The following races have been singled out by The Lord of Hosts for liquidation:

            Ex.17:13, Amalkelites slain because they are bastards
            Num.21:1-3 Aradites ditto
            Num.31:1-35 Midianites ditto
            Joshua 10:10-11 Amorites ditto only worse
            Joshua 11:8-12 Hazorites ditto
            Judges 1:4 Canaanites and Perizzites ditto
            1 Sam.14:12 Philistines (complete bastards)
            1 Kg.20:28-29 Syrians general bastards
            2 Chr.14:9-14 More Ethiopians (probably because they are black)

            But, as things stand, no Pastor has found it necessary to commit genocide, so we are peaceful.
            sigpic


            “We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

            Author of such illuminating essays as,
            Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

            Comment

            • BrittanyKelton
              Unsaved Trash, Hatemonger
              • Jan 2010
              • 58

              #66
              Re: Because I was commanded to...

              Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
              Except, of course, if commanded by God to attack and slaughter some heathen tribe or race:

              The following races have been singled out by The Lord of Hosts for liquidation:

              Ex.17:13, Amalkelites slain because they are bastards
              Num.21:1-3 Aradites ditto
              Num.31:1-35 Midianites ditto
              Joshua 10:10-11 Amorites ditto only worse
              Joshua 11:8-12 Hazorites ditto
              Judges 1:4 Canaanites and Perizzites ditto
              1 Sam.14:12 Philistines (complete bastards)
              1 Kg.20:28-29 Syrians general bastards
              2 Chr.14:9-14 More Ethiopians (probably because they are black)

              But, as things stand, no Pastor has found it necessary to commit genocide, so we are peaceful.

              Well, that's a superb thing.
              but I think you helping to prove my point more than your own, if I say so myself.
              God TELLS people to murder entire races and you find nothing wrong with that?
              I mean, why would He create the races in the first place?!?!

              Comment

              • Cranky Old Man
                Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
                You kids get off his lawn!
                 
                • Jan 2010
                • 22380

                #67
                Re: Because I was commanded to...

                Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
                God TELLS people to murder entire races and you find nothing wrong with that? I mean, why would He create the races in the first place?!?!
                First of all it literally has been ages since God has ordered us to murder an entire race. So it seems most of this is in the distant past. And since it is very long ago, less is known about it, but I assume God had very good reasons for his actions.
                5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

                Comment

                • GOD=life
                  WARNING: Do not attempt to debate. You will lose horribly.
                  True Christian™
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 3263

                  #68
                  Re: Because I was commanded to...

                  Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
                  God TELLS people to murder entire races and you find nothing wrong with that?
                  So do you or do you not agree that if you read the Bible, then the only logical conclusion is that God does indeed tell people to kill (not murder) other people?

                  Whether we personally think that's wrong or not is another question altogether.

                  The important thing here is that if a "Christian" denies that the Bible states these facts, then that Christian is reading the Bible wrong (or not at all).

                  Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
                  I mean, why would He create the races in the first place?!?!
                  You might as well ask why He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah... or why all the first born children in Egypt had to die because of a decision the unelected pharaoh made (see: Exodus). Or why there was a flood that destroyed the entire earth.

                  It is really not our job to question God or why He planned for certain things.

                  The important thing in this context is that everyone realizes that there is only 1 God and 1 Bible and only 1 correct way to read that Bible. If the conclusion is that the God of the Bible is not a loving character 100% of the time, then that is a fact we must accept.

                  Instead, we see Christians tell you to read the Bible and tell you what to conclude. Like you said: the Bible isn't all fun when you actually read it. You cannot read it and conclude that God loves us under any condition or all the time.
                  I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

                  Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
                  Matthew 7:22
                  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
                  Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

                  Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.

                  Comment

                  • BrittanyKelton
                    Unsaved Trash, Hatemonger
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 58

                    #69
                    Re: Because I was commanded to...

                    Originally posted by GOD=life View Post
                    So do you or do you not agree that if you read the Bible, then the only logical conclusion is that God does indeed tell people to kill (not murder) other people?

                    Whether we personally think that's wrong or not is another question altogether.

                    The important thing here is that if a "Christian" denies that the Bible states these facts, then that Christian is reading the Bible wrong (or not at all).


                    You might as well ask why He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah... or why all the first born children in Egypt had to die because of a decision the unelected pharaoh made (see: Exodus). Or why there was a flood that destroyed the entire earth.

                    It is really not our job to question God or why He planned for certain things.

                    The important thing in this context is that everyone realizes that there is only 1 God and 1 Bible and only 1 correct way to read that Bible. If the conclusion is that the God of the Bible is not a loving character 100% of the time, then that is a fact we must accept.

                    Instead, we see Christians tell you to read the Bible and tell you what to conclude. Like you said: the Bible isn't all fun when you actually read it. You cannot read it and conclude that God loves us under any condition or all the time.
                    I WILL question Him. He made the Bible so full of contradictions and holes it is impossible not to.

                    Look, God is omniscient. He KNEW what races were going to betray him, that Eve would eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, He knows everything that will happen. So, why wouldn't he just avoid it altogether? Why would he create such races in the first place?

                    Don't give me cop out answers like "He's working in mysterious ways" or "He was setting an example".
                    I want verses.

                    Comment

                    • GOD=life
                      WARNING: Do not attempt to debate. You will lose horribly.
                      True Christian™
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 3263

                      #70
                      Re: Because I was commanded to...

                      Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
                      Don't give me cop out answers like "He's working in mysterious ways" or "He was setting an example".
                      Okay, but you do realize that the "entity" that created the entire universe is "somewhat" more intelligent than the entire human race combined, right? It would be arrogant to the point of blasphemy to assume that our tiny brains can comprehend God's infinite wisdom.

                      Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
                      I want verses.
                      Well, for which event specifically? The Bible states pretty clearly what the reasons were. For example, Lot's wife was turned into a pillar of salt because she looked back. You can ask "why was she turned into a pillar of salt". Answer: "because she looked back". Then you can ask "but why salt and not something else". My answer "I don't know, ask God. He did it".

                      But then you miss the real lesson. What if a Christian tells you "she was turned into a shopping bag". Wouldn't your reacting be "uhhh, but it says a pillar of SALT!". Your surprised reaction would be similar to ours whenever we encounter a false Christian....

                      Secondly, you say you want verses... but you also say that you don't take the Bible seriously. That makes it a little difficult to answer your question. Either you accept the entire Bible as an authority on Christianity or you don't.

                      And again, I have to stress that a FALSE Christian will tell you "ah, use it as inspiration, follow your own feelings instead". I hope it's clear by now that they cannot substantiate their blasphemy.
                      I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

                      Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
                      Matthew 7:22
                      Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
                      Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

                      Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.

                      Comment

                      • Pastor Ezekiel
                        Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
                         
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 78556

                        #71
                        Re: Because I was commanded to...

                        Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
                        I WILL question Him. He made the Bible so full of contradictions and holes it is impossible not to.

                        Look, God is omniscient. He KNEW what races were going to betray him, that Eve would eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, He knows everything that will happen. So, why wouldn't he just avoid it altogether? Why would he create such races in the first place?

                        Don't give me cop out answers like "He's working in mysterious ways" or "He was setting an example".
                        I want verses.
                        Don't come in here throwing a hissy fit and making demands, little lady. You don't believe in God and have clearly rejected His Holy Word, so why should we quote you Scriptures? All you're doing is trying to stir up doubt and sow seeds of dissention.

                        God hates that a lot.

                        I have no doubt that God has thrown more than one stumbling block your way. You have no hope of comprehending the full depth and majesty of His Divine Plan. Not as long as you take your orders from satan.

                        Jeremiah 6:21 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.
                        Who Will Jesus Damn?

                        Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

                        Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

                        Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

                        Comment

                        • BrittanyKelton
                          Unsaved Trash, Hatemonger
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 58

                          #72
                          Re: Because I was commanded to...

                          Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                          Don't come in here throwing a hissy fit and making demands, little lady. You don't believe in God and have clearly rejected His Holy Word, so why should we quote you Scriptures? All you're doing is trying to stir up doubt and sow seeds of dissention.

                          God hates that a lot.

                          I have no doubt that God has thrown more than one stumbling block your way. You have no hope of comprehending the full depth and majesty of His Divine Plan. Not as long as you take your orders from satan.

                          I bet you watch a lot of violent porn.
                          You should look up what Freud had to say on the matter, it could be the reason for your aggressive attitude.

                          Again, I don't believe in Satan. He cannot give me orders, as he does not exist.

                          Comment

                          • Cranky Old Man
                            Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
                            You kids get off his lawn!
                             
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 22380

                            #73
                            Re: Because I was commanded to...

                            Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
                            Again, I don't believe in Satan. He cannot give me orders, as he does not exist.
                            Which is what makes Satan so dangerous. Controlling you while at the same time convincing you he does not exist.
                            5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                            To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                            James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

                            Comment

                            • True Disciple
                              True Christian™ Creation Scientist
                              Landover Baptist University Associate Professor
                              Smashing atheist science one fact at a time
                              True Christian™
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 2445

                              #74
                              Re: Because I was commanded to...

                              Originally posted by BrittanyKelton View Post
                              Again, I don't believe in Satan. He cannot give me orders, as he does not exist.
                              That's the trick, isn't it? Of course Satan doesn't want you to believe he exists, that enables him to manipulate you unnoticed. Demonic possession is a tricky thing. But not to worry, here at Landover we have a couple of people who are very skilled in rebuking demons. They'll be glad to help you out!
                              Sweet Lord Jesus,
                              I want to pray for those who persecute me, my Lord.
                              Please, treat their children as you treated those of Egypt, when they upset you! (Psalm 135:8-9)
                              Dash their little children against the stones for their fathers iniquity! (Psalm 137:8-9)
                              Hit them on the cheek, and smash out their teeth! (Psalm 3:7)
                              Make their death and descent into Hell swift and terrible! (Psalm 55:15)
                              Scatter their broken bodies over the streets of their evil cities, like Benghazi, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Mecca! (Psalm 110:6)
                              Praised be Your Glorious Name™.

                              Amen.

                              Comment

                              • Cranky Old Man
                                Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
                                You kids get off his lawn!
                                 
                                • Jan 2010
                                • 22380

                                #75
                                Re: Because I was commanded to...

                                Originally posted by True Disciple View Post
                                That's the trick, isn't it? Of course Satan doesn't want you to believe he exists, that enables him to manipulate you unnoticed. Demonic possession is a tricky thing. But not to worry, here at Landover we have a couple of people who are very skilled in rebuking demons. They'll be glad to help you out!
                                Very true! There have been some unconfirmed rumors about people not surviving the procedure but they all went to Heaven for sure!
                                5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                                To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                                James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

                                Comment

                                Working...