X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TheRapture
    Unsaved trash
    • Jan 2011
    • 11

    #1

    My introduction

    Due to the fact I feel a little insecure revealing my personal information in fear that those from various communities I am in will find ways to make my life miserable.. I will leave my name and whereabouts out of this introduction.

    I am a 21 year old male from the United States. I was once saved a few years ago, until I fell onto a very dark path which has lead me into a deep depression. I have been baptized, though at the time it was more for show than for my own well-being.

    The environment that I am in is a chaotic one, even my friends won't accept me for who I want to be. I have to constantly put on this false image of myself, which is part of the dark path I have spoken of that has lead me into this depression.

    I'm really sensitive, for some unknown reason really. I get emotional and worry a lot, even though I feel as though I shouldn't since I'm a guy. I don't want to sound proud or full of myself, but I'm generally a good, open-minded person who often cares more about other people than about myself. It gets me into trouble as most people don't see that I can't help but care for everyone. I am frequently called gay, when I am not. I'm not even in denial, I love women. I was at one point so in love I was ready to propose.. but after three years, the relationship fell apart and so did my heart.

    I'm lost, very lost, and I'm scared to make changes in my life in fear for what people would think of me because at this point.. I have literally no where to go. I'm backed into a corner and all I do is lash out at people I don't even know online. It's pathetic really, I have to admit.

    My favorite verse is 1 Corinthians 13. Actually, that whole chapter in 1 Corinthians is my favorite. I came to love that verse specifically because of a movie I had watched long ago. I really enjoy romance movies, although I'm not particularly fond of the sexual content since I feel love/passion/romance/etc can be expressed in other ways than sex.

    One of my favorite movies I like to watch when I'm alone is "Fireproof". I'm never too sure why, but when I watch the movie I get this powerful feeling of needing to pray... though, eventually my depression and numerous distractions cause me to forget. I sometimes get that uneasy feeling that someone is holding me back, making me think that it's not helping me in anyway.

    Well, that's it really. That is all I can share for the time being. If you have any questions.. concerns.. etc.. let me know.
  • Levi Jones
    Pastor of Hermeneutics and Apologetics
    Bathed in Christ's Precious Blood
    Apostle to the Cactuses, Tumbleweeds and Jackrabbits
     
    • Jul 2009
    • 13930

    #2
    Re: My introduction

    Hello and welcome. 1 Corinthians 13 is a fine chapter of the Bible.

    What church do you attend? What does your Pastor think of your depression? If you have fallen into a dark path, have you considered you were never saved in the first place?

    1 John 3:6
    Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
    Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

    Comment

    • TheRapture
      Unsaved trash
      • Jan 2011
      • 11

      #3
      Re: My introduction

      Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
      Hello and welcome. 1 Corinthians 13 is a fine chapter of the Bible.

      What church do you attend? What does your Pastor think of your depression? If you have fallen into a dark path, have you considered you were never saved in the first place?

      1 John 3:6
      Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
      I currently don't attend any church in my area. I rarely trust anyone enough to personally tell them anything. I am anonymous here, so I can express my thoughts and feelings freely.. while still getting the help I want and need.

      Also, I would go to church here but a number of things prevent me from going. My roommates for one.. and the fact that my truck was recently towed because I parked in the wrong spot here at the apartment complex. Woke up a few days ago, went outside to check the mail and looked over for my truck only to find that it was gone. After a few phone calls, found out the apartment complex had it towed overnight because I didn't have the sticker.. which I found really unfair because I felt they'd at least give me a warning and say "oi, where your sticker at" and I'd get another sticker at that point..

      Anyways, enough of that. It's mostly the fact that my roommates will make fun of me if I suddenly started going to church and as I already said.. I'm fairly sensitive. Sure, people can tell me to man up and whatnot, but I can't really do that because I didn't have a father figure growing up. Just a parent who pushed me away because we didn't share the same interests.

      So yeah, my perception of manning up is a bit warped.. since I don't know what a real man is.

      I know the Bible says to honor thy father and thy mother.. but it's difficult when both parents were, well, not that great of parents. Their verbal fighting, guilt trips, etc. They're still working on their divorce.. although as I hear from my father that it has been finalized, although my mother says differently.

      My younger brother is Athiest and my oldest has a mental handicap.. I fear for him the most because I don't think he believes in God. My mom claims to be Christian - Baptist. My father is.. a conspiracy theorist / agnostic.

      I am not a violent person, the last time I fought someone was in the 6th grade and I cried right after. I have no intentions of harming a person, place or thing. I thought about joining the military, but quickly decided against it because I am both unfit mentally and physically. I could never take another persons life or aid someone in doing so. Even if they're enemies.

      I.. also regret to say this, because I know I will catch a lot of flak from here just because of it. I play video games of all sorts. I grew up playing them, and it's all I ever had growing up really. I never had friends or people who cared for me.. I just had my computer, the internet and video games.

      As far as music goes.. I love listening to classical, orchestral, opera, musical and anything related to these things. Josh Groban, Hayley Westenra, Mozart, etc. All of which I catch a lot of heat for since its either ROCK/METAL/RAP/HIPHOP etc.

      I used to listen to a lot of rock/metal, but sort of fell out of it. It's all really unappealing and sounds the same. Classical music is so lovely and peaceful.

      I was browsing the forums and read a post about the guitar and bagpipes.. how are they bad? I play the guitar and keyboard, I love singing "Hallelujah" on either instrument. You know, that song that goes "I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord and you don't really care for music do you?"

      I'm not very good at playing either instrument either.. I'm a writer at heart. I think that it's my God given ability, if that is even something I should say here/believe. Although I can't as much anymore, because my mind is always in a cloud and I stay tired.. but I love writing, I had a few stories in mind I wanted to see published. One was a futuristic retelling of Robin Hood, but not so violent or anything.

      Ah, here I go blabbering again. Probably giving out way too much information that necessary. Sorry.

      Comment

      • TheRapture
        Unsaved trash
        • Jan 2011
        • 11

        #4
        Re: My introduction

        Also, to clarify "As far as music goes.. I love listening to classical, orchestral, opera, musical and anything related to these things. Josh Groban, Hayley Westenra, Mozart, etc. All of which I catch a lot of heat for since its either ROCK/METAL/RAP/HIPHOP etc."

        Everyone dislikes my taste in music, they think I should listen to their favorite types of music. I like classical music. As previously stated.

        Comment

        • Pastor Ezekiel
          Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
           
          • Sep 2006
          • 78556

          #5
          Re: My introduction

          Are you a queer or something?

          If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

          If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

          You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

          Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.
          Who Will Jesus Damn?

          Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

          Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

          Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

          Comment

          • TheRapture
            Unsaved trash
            • Jan 2011
            • 11

            #6
            Re: My introduction

            Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
            Are you a queer or something?

            If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

            If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

            You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

            Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.
            As previously stated, I am not gay. How can you come in to this thread and accuse me of it? I was told to feel free to ask questions and so I am. If you have a problem with it, please take it somewhere else.

            Comment

            • TheRapture
              Unsaved trash
              • Jan 2011
              • 11

              #7
              Re: My introduction

              Yeah, how can you receive a medal "For being a shining example of Christian Love that is straight out of the Holy Bible." When you're being incredibly rude and giving me an infraction for pointing out that you OFFENDED me for even suggesting I was a queer.

              You should be stripped of your privileges, I will be speaking with one of your superiors about you and making sure of it. That is downright wrong and not very righteous like at all.

              I am here trying to make a change in my life, and you being a negative nancy.

              Comment

              • Gabriel Reproba
                Head Attorney of Landover's Legal Team
                The Most Honest Lawyer in America
                True Christian™
                • Nov 2009
                • 2479

                #8
                Re: My introduction

                Originally posted by TheRapture View Post
                Yeah, how can you receive a medal "For being a shining example of Christian Love that is straight out of the Holy Bible." When you're being incredibly rude and giving me an infraction for pointing out that you OFFENDED me for even suggesting I was a queer.

                You should be stripped of your privileges, I will be speaking with one of your superiors about you and making sure of it. That is downright wrong and not very righteous like at all.

                I am here trying to make a change in my life, and you being a negative nancy.
                Son, do you know WHO Pastor Ezekiel IS? You just messed with the wrong bull! I guess I will wish you good luck in Hell.
                Yours In Christ,

                Gabriel Reproba, Esq. (Lawyer for the Lord)

                Further reading to help you become a True Christian™

                Stoning Sinners: A How-To Guide
                Scientific Study: Bible is NOT "All About Love"
                The One Sin Jesus Says He Won't EVER Forgive!
                Should we only follow SOME of the Bible?
                How will YOU sacrifice your kids?
                20 Questions To See If Your Son Is A Fag
                God: Dress Like A Whore...Get Raped!
                Bible: If You Love Your Wife, Beat Her!
                Logic and Bible Agree: Gay is a choice!
                Nursery Rhymes Teach kids that Christ is Lord!
                There is no such thing as an "agnostic!"
                Science: People are Only Islamic Because They are Depressed!

                Reading only the parts of the Bible your pastor tells you to (those that make you feel warm and fuzzy) is nothing but mental and spiritual masturbation. Read the WHOLE Bible to find out what Christianity is REALLY all about! Only then can you talk to us about why we try so hard to save people from Hell.

                Comment

                • Janine Walker
                  True Christian™
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 420

                  #9
                  Re: My introduction


                  John 3:16
                  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


                  God makes me full of love!

                  Janine Walker

                  Comment

                  • Levi Jones
                    Pastor of Hermeneutics and Apologetics
                    Bathed in Christ's Precious Blood
                    Apostle to the Cactuses, Tumbleweeds and Jackrabbits
                     
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 13930

                    #10
                    Re: My introduction

                    Executive summary..

                    Originally posted by TheRapture View Post
                    I am irresponsible and naive. I relied on the tow truck man to just give me a warning.
                    Don't you know they get paid by how many vehicles they impound?

                    Originally posted by TheRapture View Post
                    I can't go to church because I act like a sensitive little girl and care what my friends will say.

                    John 15:18-21
                    If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
                    If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
                    Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
                    But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.



                    Originally posted by TheRapture View Post
                    Mommy, daddy and my brother.
                    You're on the right track. Jesus predicts that and wants it to happen. It sounds like your mother is the only one that might be salvageable.

                    Luke 14:26-27 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
                    And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

                    Originally posted by TheRapture View Post
                    I claim I'm not violent, but admit I'm crazy or possessed.

                    Originally posted by TheRapture View Post
                    Video games, I'm bored boring and lonely.
                    You need to get out of the basement, son. Go meet some people at the gym or something.

                    Originally posted by TheRapture View Post
                    Ah, here I go blabbering again. Probably giving out way too much information that necessary. Sorry.
                    Apropos.
                    Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

                    Comment

                    • Mental Case
                      Unsaved trash
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 8

                      #11
                      Re: My introduction

                      On the very link the Pastor posted, it says clearly 'feel free to ask questions'. 'Are you a queer or something?', is certainly a question. But the fact that you had any doubt he wasn't obviously offended him. By stating that he was offended and asking you not to do it again, you gave him an infraction. That is both illogical and rude. I suggest you review the teachings of God kind sir and show some RESPECT to those SEEKING SALVATION.

                      Comment

                      • Rebuko the Clown
                        The Friendliest Clown in Town™
                        Proud recovering ex-alcoholic, ex-addict, and ex-convict
                        True Christian™
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 197

                        #12
                        Re: My introduction

                        Originally posted by Mental Case View Post
                        I suggest you review the teachings of God kind sir and show some RESPECT to those SEEKING SALVATION.
                        Can you tell us where in the Bible it tells us to show respect to unsaved scum? My Bible is telling me different.


                        YES! I AM A CLOWN FOR CHRIST! Owner/Operator of Lord's Derisive Laughter Christian Clown Ministry.
                        Read my inspiring testimonial of how I came to Christ!
                        Rebuko's Sleepover Castle - Let your kids spend the night at my place for a One-Night Jesus Camp experience!

                        Comment

                        • KJV Lover
                          Confirmed Enemy of God
                          • Dec 2010
                          • 47

                          #13
                          Re: My introduction

                          Originally posted by Mental Case View Post
                          I suggest you review the teachings of God kind sir [ . . . ].
                          We review the teachings of God all the time. Perhaps you would like to join me in seeing whether we should love or hate our family.

                          Luke 14:26, "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

                          All clear now?

                          Comment

                          Working...