X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TheIrishGrimm
    Unsaved trash, another drunk scott
    • Nov 2013
    • 39

    #46
    Re: Hello!

    Originally posted by Mark L. Snyde, PhD View Post
    God wants all of us to be saved:

    1 Timothy 2:4 (1611 King James Bible)

    Who will haue all men to bee saued, and to come vnto the knowledge of the trueth.

    If God's grace was irresistible, then all would be saved.
    Romans 8:30.
    Prov 26:3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.

    Comment

    • Zechariah Smyth
      Walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
      True Christian™
      • Feb 2011
      • 15251

      #47
      Re: Hello!

      Originally posted by TheIrishGrimm View Post
      My wife took them out to see her brother, and due to some car trouble they didn't get home till half past one.
      Is "car trouble" what they're calling it these days?



      I think we're gonna need a Level III Acts 9:18 Intervention on this one.

      Yours in Christ,

      Z. Smyth
      sigpic

      Comment

      • Pim Pendergast
        PHD - Theophysicist
        Saving The Lost With The Truth Of Applied Theoscience
        True Christian™
        • Jun 2012
        • 3103

        #48
        Re: Hello!

        Originally posted by TheIrishGrimm View Post
        I could point to John 3:16 which says for God so loved the world. In the Bible, Christ didn't die for the saved. He died for the sinners, so they might be saved. I don't think anyone here would die for someone they didn't love.

        . . .

        I'll reiterate that point with Romans 5:8 (I believe that's the reference!) which states that God commended his love toward us and that Christ died for us while we were yet sinners.
        God commended His love to us by dying for us when He didn't love us, when we were His enemies.

        Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
        [. . .]
        Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.


        And there are plenty of things that invoke God's hatred.

        Leviticus 20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.

        Leviticus 26:30 And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.

        Deuteronomy 32:19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.

        Psalm 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

        Psalm 5:6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

        Psalm 10:3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.

        Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

        Psalm 53:5 There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them.

        Psalm 73:20 As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.

        Psalm 78:59 When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:

        Psalm 106:40 Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.

        Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

        Proverbs 22:14 The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.

        Lamentations 2:6 And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest.

        Hosea 9:15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

        Amos 5:21 I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.

        Zechariah 11:8 Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.

        Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

        Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

        Revelation 2:6; 15 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
        sigpicMt 21:42, 44 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes . . . ? And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

        Find out what the Bible says about: Fortnite: Battle Royale, asexuality, shaving, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, babies

        Comment

        • TheIrishGrimm
          Unsaved trash, another drunk scott
          • Nov 2013
          • 39

          #49
          Re: Hello!

          Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
          Is "car trouble" what they're calling it these days?



          I think we're gonna need a Level III Acts 9:18 Intervention on this one.

          Yours in Christ,

          Z. Smyth
          Yes...car trouble. They had to have the car towed here. I went out and looked at it, but haven't diagnosed the problem quite yet.
          Prov 26:3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.

          Comment

          • TheIrishGrimm
            Unsaved trash, another drunk scott
            • Nov 2013
            • 39

            #50
            Re: Hello!

            Originally posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
            God commended His love to us by dying for us when He didn't love us, when we were His enemies.
            That post is literally far too long for me to read right now. I'll get to it later.
            Prov 26:3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.

            Comment

            • Dr Laurence Niles
              Psychotheological Analyst Therapist
               
              • Jan 2012
              • 9063

              #51
              Re: Hello! I'm pretending to be from Britain!

              Young man, exactly why are you here? I have not heard you praise Jesus once. You do realise that this is a Christian forum, don't you?

              I must say, however, that as a psychotheologist I am a little concern about the open closet that you have in the background: just what are you trying to say?

              This is a Christian forum and the Bible tells us very clearly that homersex is a sin. I do hope you are not trying to be funny

              YIC
              1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

              Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

              Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

              Comment

              • Thomas Taylor
                Forum Member
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 1486

                #52
                Re: Hello!

                Originally posted by TheIrishGrimm View Post
                I'm led to believe that the way to Heaven is through belief in Jesus Christ. (1 John 5:13, John 3:16 (obviously))

                And I don't believe that it is Biblical that you can lose your salvation (Hebrews 15:5 I think. I'm rusty on my references, haven't read the book in quite a while.)

                I could point to John 3:16 which says for God so loved the world. In the Bible, Christ didn't die for the saved. He died for the sinners, so they might be saved. I don't think anyone here would die for someone they didn't love.

                I'll reiterate that point with Romans 5:8 (I believe that's the reference!) which states that God commended his love toward us and that Christ died for us while we were yet sinners.

                1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:10...





                Sorry, let's just put the record straight here. He died so that whomsoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life. Ergo, He did not die for everyone's sake.

                Sorry, let me add the verse in it's proper form and context from my original KJV 1611

                John 3:16 - Also known as the most misunderstood verse in the bible:

                ¶ For God so loued þe world, that he gaue his only begotten Sonne: that whosoeuer beleeueth in him, should not perish, but haue euerlasting life.
                Isaiah 66:15

                For behold, the Lord wil come with fire, and with his charets like a whirlewinde, to render his anger with furie, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

                Comment

                • Zechariah Smyth
                  Walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
                  True Christian™
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 15251

                  #53
                  Re: Hello!

                  Originally posted by TheIrishGrimm View Post
                  That post is literally far too long for me to read right now. I'll get to it later.
                  Wow. Just...wow.



                  Brother Pim goes to great lengths to post relevant Scripture to save your sorry soul, and that's the thanks he gets?

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Thomas Taylor
                    Forum Member
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 1486

                    #54
                    Re: Hello!

                    Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
                    Wow. Just...wow.



                    Brother Pim goes to great lengths to post relevant Scripture to save your sorry soul, and that's the thanks he gets?

                    Brother Smyth, I am not surprised by this in any way. These micks have been a thorn in our side for over 800 years now. They are a nation that does not know how to be grateful for the gifts they are given by God:

                    1. Oliver Cromwell
                    2. The potato fammine
                    3. The British occupation which brought them out of the dark ages
                    4. King William of Orange - a protestant asked by the pope to wipe out the irish papists

                    The list goes on....
                    Isaiah 66:15

                    For behold, the Lord wil come with fire, and with his charets like a whirlewinde, to render his anger with furie, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

                    Comment

                    • Mark L. Snyde, PhD
                      True Christian™
                      True Christian™
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 1284

                      #55
                      Re: Hello!

                      Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
                      Wow. Just...wow.



                      Brother Pim goes to great lengths to post relevant Scripture to save your sorry soul, and that's the thanks he gets?

                      I agree, this is truly disheartening, but then God led me to the following verses:

                      Matthew 7:6 - Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

                      Revelation 22:11 - He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

                      Philippians 3:2-3 - Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
                      sigpic

                      I Kings 7:23

                      And he made a moulten Sea, ten cubites from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, & his height was fiue cubits: and a line of thirtie cubites did compasse it round about.

                      New here? Desiring to be pleasing in the eyes of The Lord and His Followers?

                      Then do as directed by our esteemed Pastors and head on over to the Introductions subforum and make your first post there, friend. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus. Anything else you want to share with us about how Jesus has blessed you is welcomed too.

                      Are you a hater of God that believes He is a morally bankrupt monster? Read Why, you ask, is God so angry? to see that it is in fact you that is the monster that mercilessly and infinitely torments God.

                      Stop this relentless torturing of God and accept Jesus today!

                      Comment

                      • Cranky Old Man
                        Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
                        You kids get off his lawn!
                         
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 22380

                        #56
                        Re: Hello! I'm pretending to be from Britain!

                        Originally posted by TheIrishGrimm View Post
                        everyone I know calls me Grimm. Why, you ask?
                        No one would ask that. Ever.
                        5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                        To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                        James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

                        Comment

                        • Zechariah Smyth
                          Walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
                          True Christian™
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 15251

                          #57
                          Re: Hello! I'm pretending to be from Britain!

                          Originally posted by Thomas Taylor View Post
                          Brother Smyth, I am not surprised by this in any way. These micks have been a thorn in our side for over 800 years now. They are a nation that does not know how to be grateful for the gifts they are given by God:

                          1. Oliver Cromwell
                          2. The potato fammine
                          3. The British occupation which brought them out of the dark ages
                          4. King William of Orange - a protestant asked by the pope to wipe out the irish papists

                          The list goes on....
                          Originally posted by Mark L. Snyde, PhD View Post
                          I agree, this is truly disheartening, but then God led me to the following verses:

                          Matthew 7:6 - Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

                          Revelation 22:11 - He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

                          Philippians 3:2-3 - Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
                          Brothers, we already know that when he's in his cups you can't post such lengthy, informative, SOUL-SAVING posts. His blurry vision and shaking hands can only handle things like:

                          You read Bible. Come back when done.



                          YiC,

                          Zech
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • TheIrishGrimm
                            Unsaved trash, another drunk scott
                            • Nov 2013
                            • 39

                            #58
                            Re: Hello!

                            Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
                            Wow. Just...wow.



                            Brother Pim goes to great lengths to post relevant Scripture to save your sorry soul, and that's the thanks he gets?

                            I do apologize. I didn't mean to offend, I just hadn't the time right then to sit down and read the whole post. I said I'd get to it later, and I have! I will reply to it further down in this post!


                            Originally posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
                            God commended His love to us by dying for us when He didn't love us, when we were His enemies.

                            Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
                            [. . .]
                            Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.


                            And there are plenty of things that invoke God's hatred.

                            Leviticus 20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.

                            Leviticus 26:30 And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.

                            Deuteronomy 32:19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.

                            Psalm 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

                            Psalm 5:6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

                            Psalm 10:3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.

                            Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

                            Psalm 53:5 There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them.

                            Psalm 73:20 As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.

                            Psalm 78:59 When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:

                            Psalm 106:40 Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.

                            Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

                            Proverbs 22:14 The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.

                            Lamentations 2:6 And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest.

                            Hosea 9:15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

                            Amos 5:21 I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.

                            Zechariah 11:8 Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.

                            Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

                            Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

                            Revelation 2:6; 15 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

                            Having had time to read all of this, now, and having checked all the verses you posted against the old KJV I have on one of my shelves, I've decided you are correct. God can hate people. I was wrong.
                            Prov 26:3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.

                            Comment

                            • TheIrishGrimm
                              Unsaved trash, another drunk scott
                              • Nov 2013
                              • 39

                              #59
                              Re: Hello! I'm pretending to be from Britain!

                              Originally posted by Dr Laurence Niles View Post
                              Young man, exactly why are you here? I have not heard you praise Jesus once. You do realise that this is a Christian forum, don't you?

                              I must say, however, that as a psychotheologist I am a little concern about the open closet that you have in the background: just what are you trying to say?

                              This is a Christian forum and the Bible tells us very clearly that homersex is a sin. I do hope you are not trying to be funny

                              YIC
                              My original purpose here was to show you that not everyone in the world who disagrees with you is going to persecute you. However, judging from some of the things people have been saying to me (and how the title of this thread has been changed) I feel as though I've overstayed my welcome.

                              And it is with a big smile that I bid you all farewell. We disagree on...well on pretty much everything. But that's no reason for me to hate you as people.

                              Good day to all of you!
                              Prov 26:3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.

                              Comment

                              • Mary Etheldreda
                                Gushing for Jesus
                                 
                                • Sep 2011
                                • 23775

                                #60
                                Re: Hello! I'm pretending to be from Britain!

                                Originally posted by TheIrishGrimm View Post
                                My original purpose here was to show you that not everyone in the world who disagrees with you is going to persecute you. However, judging from some of the things people have been saying to me (and how the title of this thread has been changed) I feel as though I've overstayed my welcome.

                                And it is with a big smile that I bid you all farewell. We disagree on...well on pretty much everything. But that's no reason for me to hate you as people.

                                Good day to all of you!
                                Well that's a silly thing to say. Why would you hate us? We're awfully friendly, caring, and helpful.

                                Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

                                Comment

                                Working...