X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: God Hates Iceland!

To get a doctorate you have to spend an average of 8 years within your field of study. So yes, it does make you credible. Off course, anyone are free to dispute what scientist are saying, but you will need stronger proof and empirical evidence. That is the great thing about science.

As for you "Professor" Cranky, it says on your facebook that you are home schooled, so obviously you have never learned science.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwegianAtheist View Post
      As for you "Professor" Cranky, it says on your facebook that you are home schooled, so obviously you have never learned science.
      I am not a professor you idiot. I was just pointing out how easy it is for anyone to claim they are a professor. You should not believe things just because someone on wikipedia claims to be a professor.

Supreme ruler of the galaxy Cranky.

(I suppose now you are going to tell me I do not rule the galaxy?)
      5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
      To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
      James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
        I am not a professor you idiot. I was just pointing out how easy it is for anyone to claim they are a professor. You should not believe things just because someone on wikipedia claims to be a professor.

Supreme ruler of the galaxy Cranky.

(I suppose now you are going to tell me I do not rule the galaxy?)

Well it is not easy to get a paper published by a university if you are lying, and you will be scrutinized. It´s not "someone" random who claim to be a professor.

Also, you nicely just skipped my arguments concerning burden of proof and arguments of ignorance. Go back a few post your counter arguments. The Bible cannot prove itself and because something hasn´t been proven yet, it does not give validity to the competing claim.

And off course I knew you were not a professor. You will find the highest rates of atheism among highly educated people. And "home schooled" really means uneducated and ignorant.

Comment

The Bible cannot prove itself and because something hasn´t been proven yet, it does not give validity to the competing claim.
          We humble people have limited capabilities. If you really read the entire Bible you will notice it is so perfect, so extremely consistent, so crystal clear, that no ordinary person could ever have written it. So the sheer quality of the book proves that it is written by someone with capabilities far beyond that of a human being.

Since the Holy Bible clearly could not have been written by a mere mortal and also clearly states to be the word of God: 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" logic dictates there can be only one conclusion. God exists!

I think your problem is that you did not actually read the entire Holy Bible. Your opinion of the Holy Bible is based on hearsay. If you actually paid some attention during that fancy education of yours you would have learned that you have to research the facts before you draw your conclusion. The facts here being the contents of the Holy Bible.

Well what is it going to be? Ignorance or enlightenment?
          5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
          To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
          James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

These 'science people' and their refusal to accept God simply amaze me. Do they not know of Occam's razor?
            Lets see. The human being is an amazing thing gift. I think everyone has to agree on that. As is the entire world, including the heavens.
            Does it make more sense that everything by pure chance just 'happened' (23,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 individual fortunate happenings) or that a single supreme being made everything?

I have never seen (nor heard of) a tree that turned into a chair on its' own. I have the the loving hand of God guide a man with a chisel.
            Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
            Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
            Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
            Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
            Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
            Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Well it is not easy to get a paper published by a university if you are lying, and you will be scrutinized. It´s not "someone" random who claim to be a professor.

Also, you nicely just skipped my arguments concerning burden of proof and arguments of ignorance. Go back a few post your counter arguments. The Bible cannot prove itself and because something hasn´t been proven yet, it does not give validity to the competing claim.

And off course I knew you were not a professor. You will find the highest rates of atheism among highly educated people. And "home schooled" really means uneducated and ignorant.
              Did you know that this is not a debate forum?

Do you understand that this is a Christian forum?

Did you notice the topic of this thread?

You are what the kids these days call "Epic Fail" Mr. Eskimo.
              Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
                We humble people have limited capabilities. If you really read the entire Bible you will notice it is so perfect, so extremely consistent, so crystal clear, that no ordinary person could ever have written it. So the sheer quality of the book proves that it is written by someone with capabilities far beyond that of a human being.

Since the Holy Bible clearly could not have been written by a mere mortal and also clearly states to be the word of God: 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" logic dictates there can be only one conclusion. God exists!

I think your problem is that you did not actually read the entire Holy Bible. Your opinion of the Holy Bible is based on hearsay. If you actually paid some attention during that fancy education of yours you would have learned that you have to research the facts before you draw your conclusion. The facts here being the contents of the Holy Bible.

Well what is it going to be? Ignorance or enlightenment?

The Bible is clear as mud at best. There are a lot of fallacies, errors and contradictions in the Bible. Here is a starter:

Note: Jim Meritt’s “A List of Biblical Contradictions” is no longer available. It has been superseded by Donald Morgan’s “Bible Inconsistencies – Bible Contradictions.” You will be automatically redirected there in a few seconds–or click here to go there now.

It is pretty well documented that the Bible is written by humans, edited by humans, translated from greek, hebrew and arameic by humans.

Again, please look at the sources if you don´t believe what is in the article.

I´m sorry, but there is nothing perfect about the Bible.

Who said the inspiration came from God? Exactly what makes his word more accurate than mine? If I find a note on the street who said "This note was written by God", why should I believe it? Common sense would tells me some prankster wrote it, agree? Why is it any different when separated by a few thousand years? Maybe the motivation was something else than a prank, but you get my point

Your logic is flawed, please study the subject.

I have read a few chapters of The Bible, Qur´an and a little of Hinduistic text, they are all the same. Old legends written down thousands of years ago without any more validity than any other fairytale.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                  Did you know that this is not a debate forum?

Do you understand that this is a Christian forum?

Did you notice the topic of this thread?

You are what the kids these days call "Epic Fail" Mr. Eskimo.

Ok, so it is not a debate forum, its just a forum for christians and no discussions are allowed.

You give me infractions for debating in a forum... Wow!
                  I thought you americans was pro freedom of speech, but I guess I was wrong.

Comment

I don't know. This whole thing of God hating Iceland still gets under my skin. but I must admit I'm a bit biased. Afterall, I'm a pilot for Icelandair.

Comment

You will find the highest rates of atheism among highly educated people. And "home schooled" really means uneducated and ignorant.
                      Then, why do children who are home schooled outperform their peers 30-35 points in all subjects?

Maybe you should educate yourself before coming here and ignorantly judging us?
                      Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JetSet View Post
                        I don't know. This whole thing of God hating Iceland still gets under my skin. but I must admit I'm a bit biased. Afterall, I'm a pilot for Icelandair.
                        Sure you are. And I'm a Russian Ballerina.

Even in Godless Iceland, I can't believe that they would put an eskimo savage in charge of an airplane.
                        Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                          Sure you are. And I'm a Russian Ballerina.

Even in Godless Iceland, I can't believe that they would put an eskimo savage in charge of an airplane.
                          He is probably talking about a deltaglider of some sort. Never knew they had advanced so far technologically, by the way.
                          Sweet Lord Jesus,
                          I want to pray for those who persecute me, my Lord.
                          Please, treat their children as you treated those of Egypt, when they upset you! (Psalm 135:8-9)
                          Dash their little children against the stones for their fathers iniquity! (Psalm 137:8-9)
                          Hit them on the cheek, and smash out their teeth! (Psalm 3:7)
                          Make their death and descent into Hell swift and terrible! (Psalm 55:15)
                          Scatter their broken bodies over the streets of their evil cities, like Benghazi, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Mecca! (Psalm 110:6)
                          Praised be Your Glorious Name™.

Amen.

Comment

*cough* Climategate *cough*
                            I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
                            Matthew 7:22
                            Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
                            Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.

Comment

Originally posted by True Disciple View Post
                              He is probably talking about a deltaglider of some sort. Never knew they had advanced so far technologically, by the way.
                              Iceland isn't very big, why would they need their own airline?
                              May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

hmmmm ..... If there is a god .... i'm pretty sure he hates us all !

I'm wondering about one thing ....

Why does the bible have so - SOOOOO - many simular features with ancient egypt's Book of the dead ??

Comment

Working...
                                X