X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Salvation™ made Easy!

Originally posted by refridgerator View Post
    Your dissertation is plain confusing. By the last words I interpret that you can just pick one of the salvation choices and you are done. In this case I could be baptised and then go rampage kill random people as happens from time to time in America (it is a cultural thing already) and still be saved.
    If you decided to go on a killing rampage, that would be the act of a sinner -> that you even contemplate this act, is proof, if proof were needed, that you were never Saved in the first place, you just thought you were.

To be Saved, you have to accept not only Jesus, but all that he said and did. If you do this, going on a rampage would never cross your mind.
    sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
    Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Rune Enoe View Post
      Salvation by confession and faith

Many Christians believe Jesus arose from the dead by his own powers, but those Christians are going to Hell. You have to believe that was God that raised Jesus
      I can understand how some people might think that in light of John 10:17-18.

John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
      John10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

You have to be so careful what you believe. One small misunderstanding can send you straight to hell.

I suppose we could also add to your list SALVATION BY BELIEVING IN JESUS.

Salvation is not by believing in things or in doctrine but by believing in the person of Jesus Christ. There's the old favorite –

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And also –

Second Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

But if that's too hard, there's SALVATION BY BELIEVING IN THE MIRACLES OF JESUS AND THE DOCTRINE THAT TWO PERSONS OF THE TRINITY ARE ONE.

John 10:38 But...though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Comment

When I see false religions, vile sect warring against vile sect, idols of the moon and sun or birds with fangs, demon possession actively sought out and exalted, I am reminded of Habakkuk
        Habakkuk 2:18-19 What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols? Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone, Arise, it shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in the midst of it.

I don't want to single out any particular false teaching..after all, everyone's seen them kissing things or doing orgies or grovelling on the floor..because which lies are being taught is unimportant. When God sent the evil spirit to King Saul and he went insane, insanity was about all you got. Yet David tolerated Saul's crazy knowing that God was with him (but not with Saul) just as Jesus tolerated the Jews even though they were cursed. That is not weakness. Having the power to act but not acting is different from not having the power.
        Malachi 3:6-9 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return? Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

Jesus descended through David. When we see people NOT having the power to act but acting anyway because they were listening to idols or the spokesmen for idols it's not a pretty sight. They can do some damage but in the end, like King Saul, crazy's as good as it gets. Satan wanted Jesus to turn rocks into bread and Jesus had that power to do that but didn't use it. How could He be fully human without the experience of hunger? And in the same way He could have the power to raise Himself from the dead but not use it because if He DID use it, how would He be properly dead? And if He wasn't really dead THEN, how could He be the perfect sacrifice or resurrected NOW?

God is always consistent. He says so right there in Malachi. It's so encouraging to have His teaching about things which on our own we'd get very wrong indeed. Not always wrong in the same way..just look at the warring sects..but wrong as wrong can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Swallows View Post
          I can understand how some people might think that in light of John 10:17-18.

John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
          John10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
          The Greek of the Textus Receptus may be a bit confusing. The Greek word "lambanó" can mean both "to take" and "to give".

Check this interlinear translation. The word for "to take" and "received" is the same (2983).

So when Jesus says He has the power to take His life back, He actually means that He is authorized to receive it from his Father.
          Originally posted by Alan Swallows View Post
          You have to be so careful what you believe. One small misunderstanding can send you straight to hell.
          Amen to that.
          A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left. (Ecclesiastes 10:2)

Comment

You need be baptized the biblical way or you won't make it into the kingdom.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost Matthew 28:19
            Ecclesiastes 5:3b "A fool's voice is known by multitude of words."

Comment

Working...
            X