X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tithing

Who is this heathen who suggests a 10% tithe is an acceptable amount to give for the day to day running of the Church which you belong to. I mean if you tried to tip 10% at your favorite restaurant you would be served the spit special on your next visit.Jesus was nailed to a cross for your salvation but you offer him less than you give the doorman,shame.
    this is why percentage is so much more important than actual amounts.If you hear of something that pulls at your heart then you give an amount above and beyond your tithe.

Mrs. P. I am so glad I did not rush into purchasing that RV. While it was new and rather costly I trust your womanly eye if you say gaudy, then gaudy it is. I do have my collected brochures and am anxious to hear your opinion on other models. You may be correct when you said I was on the road doing God's work and that $1.2 mil spent on that RV would cover a lot of bail and lawyers retainer for my protecting the rights of the yet born! You are wise beyond your chromosomes Mrs. P.
    YIC,
    Benedict A Davis
    sigpic 1 Chronicles 16:15
    Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations ... an everlasting covenant.
    Proverbs 30:5,6: Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
    Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
      You own GE? er..... nevermind, my mind is travelling today.

In Canada I tithed 18% because that is the limit on tithing that the CRA puts on your income taxes (stupid liebrals). I have no idea with Seth, and we'll have to sit down with an accountant in Freehold to figure out what the best level is.
      As always, secular unfortunately trumps Biblical law. If the those crazy frog canucks only let you tithe 18%, what can you do. You could move funds to the Caymans or Andorra (I do).
      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
        As always, secular unfortunately trumps Biblical law. If the those crazy frog canucks only let you tithe 18%, what can you do. You could move funds to the Caymans or Andorra (I do).
        I am still leaning toward Guernsey Islands, nominally British but a freeport to the Aristocracy for 400 years. So much old money there, Europe would implode if they were forced to open their books. As I said Mr. Dick Cheney told me about it years ago when I was working at Haliburton. it was one of the company sponsored hunts, in West Africa. I was a foreman on the contract so It was a working vacation for me. I didn't mind toting the big man's gun around he shared so much wisdom with myself and the other staff that were there making sure everything went smooth for corporate. I mean a rhino hunt is a hard thing to organize.
        Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations ... an everlasting covenant.
        Proverbs 30:5,6: Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
          Well two more weeks and it will be in Iowa, so no worries.
          Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by Benedict A. Davis View Post
            Also it has a small built in garage for a small car or several motorcycles and assorted toys.
            Oh oh oh wow.
            2 Chronicles 7:14
            14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Charli Harley View Post
              Oh oh oh wow.
              Mrs.P is saying that this might not be the RV that fits my needs, we will be discussing it later at Stonefest 2010 where she can get a better look at the brochures. I find Mrs P to have excellent tastes so I really do not think I will be purchasing that vehicle.

Comment

Only a cuppla days and Sister P will be in Freehold. Oh how I envy her.

But I do understand your reluctance Mr Davis in purchasing something of that expense without the Ladies of Landover giving it the thumbs up.

Please look out for, and look after Sister P at the stoning.

Kind regards,
                Charli.
                2 Chronicles 7:14
                14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land Australia.

Comment

The word tithe means a tenth, so you can't tithe 60% or any other percentage than ten.

The first time tithe is mentioned in the Bible is Abraham's tithe of pagan spoils of war, and Abraham kept NOTHING for himself. This was NOT an act of worship. The goods that Abraham gave the tenth from didn’t even belong to Abraham:

Genesis 14:21 (NIV) - The king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the people and keep the goods for yourself.”

Notice in verse 21 the king of Sodom didn’t ask Abraham if he would give back to him the people, but rather said GIVE ME the people and keep the goods for yourself. The way that is worded indicates that the king of Sodom was claiming that the people and the goods belonged to him and those he represented.

Genesis 14:22-24 (NIV) - 22But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have raised my hand to the LORD, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth, and have taken an oath 23that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the thong of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’ 24I will accept nothing but what my men have eaten and the share that belongs to the men who went with me—to Aner, Eshcol and Mamre. Let them have their share.”

Notice in verses 23 and 24 Abraham also acknowledges that the goods belonged to the king of Sodom and those he represented.

Therefore, it is clear that both the king of Sodom and Abraham acknowledged that the spoils of war did NOT belong to Abraham, yet he gave a tenth of the spoils to King Melchizedek. This would seem that Abraham did something wrong, if not even illegal, but Biblical historians agree that it was custom in Abraham's day to give the king a tenth of the war spoils. Had Abraham not given the tenth, he would have gone against custom.

Conclusion: Abraham did NOT give a tenth of his income, or his wealth. Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils of war that didn’t belong to him. That is NOT an example for Christians to follow today.

The next mention of a tithe is Jacob's VOW to tithe. Jacob set the conditions, not God. Nowhere in The Word does it tell us that Jacob actually tithed. Genesis 28:10-22

Next is The Lord's Tithe. God gave His definition as a tenth of crops and animals which came from God's hand, not man's income. God NEVER commanded anyone to tithe on anything that man made or earned. Leviticus 27:30-33.

The ordinances (instructions, or laws) for The Lord's Tithe are in Numbers 18. God gave strict orders to take His tithe to the Levites. God NEVER changed that command. Anyone who takes God's tithe to anyone other than the Levites is being disobedient to God's Word.

There are others tithes in the Bible such as the Festival Tithe and the Tithe for the Poor. It is The Lord's Tithe that churches pattern their teaching after.

Church leaders ignore God's definition of His tithe, and ignore God's ordinances for His tithe. They change the words to fit their pocketbook. This is nothing but manipulation of God's Word. They are false teachers.

The Bible CLEARLY SHOWS that the tithe ENDED at the cross in the Book of Hebrews. In the first nine verses of Hebrews 7 the words tenth or tithes appears SEVEN TIMES. The ONLY place in the Bible, after Calvary, that tithing appears is in Hebrews 7.

In Hebrews 7:5 we are told that Levi (the Levites) took the tithes under the law. In Hebrews 7:12 we are told that when the priesthood changes, the law will change. Hebrews 7:18 is telling us that Numbers 18 was disannulled. Numbers 18 established the Levitical priesthood, and part of that establishing included tithing. When the Levitical priesthood ended (at Calvary, or at least in the year 70AD when the temple was destroyed), all laws that established that priesthood were canceled. If Numbers 18 wasn't canceled, we would still be under the Levitical priesthood.

Those who argue they didn't have money or income then really need to study the scriptures. They had money and wages, even in Genesis. The farmers had income from barter exchanges, and they had markets to buy and sell as proven in Deuteronomy 14:24-26.

Those who argue Malachi 3:8, robbing God, need to start with verse 7. God is talking about His ordinances in Numbers 18 which we learned were disannulled according to Hebrews 7:18. Also, if you start with Malachi 1, you will see that God is speaking to the priests, not the people. The priests robbed God of the tithe (Nehemiah 13) and the priests robbed God of the offerings (Malachi 1).

Comment

Listen Mr Arnold,

I for one don't appreciate you barging in here flouting the rules.

I also don't appreciate why you are having such a difficult time understanding the concept of COMMON COURTESY!

Now as to tithe, it is hardly any of your business how much each of us tithe. If I CHOOSE TO give a more generous amount than 10% then that should be none of your concern.

I sir and all of my brothers and sisters are lead by the Spirit so therefore not under you measely 10% "law"

Galatians 5:18

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Also, God gives each and every one of us here MUCH MORE than 10% of Himself, so the least we can do is give as much as we can in MANY ways back.

If your cut-off point and selfishness towards God is a mere 10% then you should well be ashamed.

And you claim to be a Christian!

YIC,

Mrs.P.Wintersnow.

There's Jesus here,
                    Just see what He offers me....
                    Down here my sins forgiven,
                    Up there a home in heaven
                    Praise God, That's the way for me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. P Wintersnow View Post
                      Listen Mr Arnold,

I for one don't appreciate you barging in here flouting the rules.

I also don't appreciate why you are having such a difficult time understanding the concept of COMMON COURTESY!

Now as to tithe, it is hardly any of your business how much each of us tithe. If I CHOOSE TO give a more generous amount than 10% then that should be none of your concern.

I sir and all of my brothers and sisters are lead by the Spirit so therefore not under you measely 10% "law"

Galatians 5:18

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Also, God gives each and every one of us here MUCH MORE than 10% of Himself, so the least we can do is give as much as we can in MANY ways back.

If your cut-off point and selfishness towards God is a mere 10% then you should well be ashamed.

And you claim to be a Christian!

YIC,

Mrs.P.Wintersnow.
                      Mrs P. for Jacob.R to be considered a Benedict Arnold he would have had to be a True Christian™to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                      X