X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I like this one, but I'm not sure i have it right.

Originally posted by Latvija13 View Post
    I don't see what you're trying to say. The paper is from a Baptist seminary and uses biblical evidence. The church fathers certainly weren't reading the KJV1611. Tertullian of Carthage could very likely still have been reading from the original Greek and Hebrew texts, although he lived after the New Testament was complete. My only argument is that the original texts are the only completely perfect texts. I gather that you didn't even look at the link.
    Of course we aren't going to click your Satanic link.

2 John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed.

1 Timothy 6:20-21 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith.

2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Comment

And I gather you have not read my previous post. Otherwise, you would realize that your flaccid arguments will not work here, boy.
      II Thessalonians 1:7-9
      And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
      In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
      Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power

The man who is being progressively sanctified will inescapably sanctify his home, school, politics, economics, science, and all things else by understanding and interpreting all things in terms of the Word of God and by bringing all things under the Dominion of Christ the King. -R.J. Rushdoony

Comment

Originally posted by Heathen_Basher View Post
        Those things would indeed negate the perfection of a Bible translation, but they most definitely do not appear in the KJV. Take your lies elsewhere.
        Let's talk about one of those links on the site you posted in regards to a mistranslation. Here is a specific point from http://www.av1611.org/kjv/easter.html in regards to the word "Easter" being mistranslated.

"We see then, from studying what the BIBLE has to say concerning the subject that the order of events went as follows:
        1. On the 14th of April the lamb was killed. This is the passover. No event following the 14th is ever referred to as the passover.
        2. On the morning of the 15th begins the days of unleavened bread, also known as the feast of unleavened bread.

It must also be noted that whenever the passover is mentioned in the New Testament, the reference is always to the meal, to be eaten on the night of April 14th not the entire week. The days of unleavened bread are NEVER referred to as the Passover. (It must be remembered that the angel of the Lord passed over Egypt on one night, not seven nights in a row."

Combs writes in his paper,

"Another clear example is found in Acts 12:4,
        And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered
        him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to
        bring him forth to the people.
        Again, no one questions that the word translated “Easter” is actually
        “Passover” (pavsca) since it is found in all manuscripts and all editions
        of the TR. It is used 28 other times in the NT, and in every other instance
        the translators of the KJV rendered it “Passover.” In the context of
        Acts 12, Herod has just put James to death (v. 2), and when he saw that
        it “pleased the Jews,” he proceeded to arrest Peter and kill him also (v.
        3). However, because this happened during the Passover season,22
        Herod decided to hold him in prison since he did not wish to pollute
        the Jewish feast. All of this has nothing to do with Easter, the Christian
        celebration of Christ’s resurrection. We are told that “the term Easter
        was derived from the Anglo-Saxon ‘Eostre,’ the name of the goddess of
        spring. In her honor sacrifices were offered at the time of the vernal
        equinox. By the 8th cent. the term came to be applied to the anniversary
        of Christ’s resurrection.”23 “Easter” in Acts 12:4 is an erroneous translation."

Now, which one is stating from the data of KJV1611?

Combs references Luke 22:1, “Now the feast of unleavened
        bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.”

Is this a genuine reference, or is not actually in the KJV1611?

Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell. Proverbs 23:13

Run to the KJV1611!

Comment

1 Timothy 6:20-21 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith.

2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Comment

2 Timothy 3:16-17

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
            17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

I'm simply using scripture to instruct.
            Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell. Proverbs 23:13

Run to the KJV1611!

Comment

2 Timothy 3:16-17

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
              17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

I'm simply using scripture to instruct.
              Even Satan was able to twist Scripture to his own purposes. That doesn't make him right. Why do you love Satan?

Comment

Even Satan was able to twist Scripture to his own purposes. That doesn't make him right. Why do you love Satan?
                Why do you use logical fallacies? Just because I'm pointing out something that is contrary to something you told me automatically makes me a someone who love Satan? I'm using scripture, so I'm twisting it. You're using scripture and it's not twisting in at all. In all of this, you fail to respond to any of the questions that I pose, another logical fallacy.

Run to the KJV1611!

Comment

A perfect translation would be complete without error in translation or syntax from the original Greek and Hebrew versions of the Bible.
                  A complete sidestep of the original question. Allow me to repeat myself.

Which translation of the Bible do you consider to be the most correct?
                  Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Why do you use logical fallacies? Just because I'm pointing out something that is contrary to something you told me automatically makes me a someone who love Satan? I'm using scripture, so I'm twisting it. You're using scripture and it's not twisting in at all. In all of this, you fail to respond to any of the questions that I pose, another logical fallacy.
                    The word "logic" is not in the Bible, and you will not confuse me with this philosophical mumbo-jumbo.

Colossians 2: 8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Comment

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

2 Thessalonians 3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Comment

Brother Latvija, though I am convinced you mean well, you must understand that it is irrevelant what "original manuscripts" say. If the 1611 KJV says "Easter," than God means Easter and not Passover.

We know the 1611 KJV is infallible, while the other versions, even the supposed "originals," are not. How do we know that?

Now we are entering the area where simple logic guides us, by using our God-given brain.

God wants people to hear His True Message(tm). To convey His Message, He wrote the Bible.

However, there are thousands of Bible Versions right now, many of which convey opposite messages. How can that be? Obviously only one of them can be correct. How can we know than which one is correct?

We know that God wants His Message(tm) to reach as many ears as possible. Therefore, we can asume that He used the most read version of the Bible, which is the KJV, as the success rate would then be highest.

Using this simple logic, we have proven beyond reasonable doubt that the KJV is the only True Version. The "original manuscripts" are not relevant here.

Do you understand this?
                        Sweet Lord Jesus,
                        I want to pray for those who persecute me, my Lord.
                        Please, treat their children as you treated those of Egypt, when they upset you! (Psalm 135:8-9)
                        Dash their little children against the stones for their fathers iniquity! (Psalm 137:8-9)
                        Hit them on the cheek, and smash out their teeth! (Psalm 3:7)
                        Make their death and descent into Hell swift and terrible! (Psalm 55:15)
                        Scatter their broken bodies over the streets of their evil cities, like Benghazi, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Mecca! (Psalm 110:6)
                        Praised be Your Glorious Name™.

Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
                          A complete sidestep of the original question. Allow me to repeat myself.

Which translation of the Bible do you consider to be the most correct?
                          I've never once said that the KJV1611 is not the "most correct" English version of the Bible. I've simply pointed out that many biblical scholars have found translation errors within the text. I'm sure you know very well that the KJV has changed since the 1611 version, but I don't believe that is relevant because LBC is faithful to the 1611 version. Mind you, of the two that were published in 1611, I haven't found which one you're faithful to. I have noticed that LBC uses the newer publications of the KJV fairly liberally when quoting scripture. Apparently the spelling from 1611 doesn't quite register with everyone. To directly answer your question. I do believe that the KJV is the most correct English version of the Bible, but I think there is significant evidence to prove that it's not completely infallible.

Originally posted by True Disciple View Post
                          Brother Latvija, though I am convinced you mean well,
                          Thank you for not immediately condemning me as someone who loves Satan without cause. As a fellow brother, I'm simply seeking understanding of points I find troubling.

We know the 1611 KJV is infallible, while the other versions, even the supposed "originals," are not. How do we know that?
                          I don't understand what you mean. Are you suggesting that the words that were originally inspired by God are not infallible? This seems like a contradiction to the word of God himself.

God wants people to hear His True Message™. To convey His Message, He wrote the Bible.
                          I agree with this. God did inspire the authors of the Bible to write what they wrote. However, the original Bible was not the KJV1611. It came over many years after the completion of the New Testament. Are you suggesting that God's True Message™ did not exist until 1611? Are you suggesting that there were no True Christians until after the KJV was translated into English?

However, there are thousands of Bible Versions right now, many of which convey opposite messages. How can that be? Obviously only one of them can be correct. How can we know than which one is correct?

We know that God wants His Message™ to reach as many ears as possible. Therefore, we can asume that He used the most read version of the Bible, which is the KJV, as the success rate would then be highest.
                          Since God wants His message to reach as many ears as possible, why would He not use as many versions of the Bible as possible to reach as many people as possible? Why does there have to be only one correct version. The Bible is Holy, but the Bible is not in itself God. I'm seeking understanding. I'm not trying to offend anyone or be an enemy of God. I'm just seeking the truth.

Run to the KJV1611!

Comment

I've never once said that the KJV1611 is not the "most correct" English version of the Bible. I've simply pointed out that many biblical scholars have found translation errors within the text. I'm sure you know very well that the KJV has changed since the 1611 version, but I don't believe that is relevant because LBC is faithful to the 1611 version. Mind you, of the two that were published in 1611, I haven't found which one you're faithful to. I have noticed that LBC uses the newer publications of the KJV fairly liberally when quoting scripture. Apparently the spelling from 1611 doesn't quite register with everyone. To directly answer your question. I do believe that the KJV is the most correct English version of the Bible, but I think there is significant evidence to prove that it's not completely infallible.
                            You keep saying there is "significant evidence" and yet you produce none. You are just here to cause discord and stir up trouble with innocent souls in order to damn them to hell. The KJV1611 is perfect, and every other English translation was directed by Satan himself, and contains contradiction and blasphemy! Why do you want to lead people away from the truth?

Comment

Thank you for not immediately condemning me as someone who loves Satan without cause. As a fellow brother, I'm simply seeking understanding of points I find troubling.

I don't understand what you mean. Are you suggesting that the words that were originally inspired by God are not infallible? This seems like a contradiction to the word of God himself.

I agree with this. God did inspire the authors of the Bible to write what they wrote. However, the original Bible was not the KJV1611. It came over many years after the completion of the New Testament. Are you suggesting that God's True Message™ did not exist until 1611? Are you suggesting that there were no True Christians until after the KJV was translated into English?

Since God wants His message to reach as many ears as possible, why would He not use as many versions of the Bible as possible to reach as many people as possible? Why does there have to be only one correct version. The Bible is Holy, but the Bible is not in itself God. I'm seeking understanding. I'm not trying to offend anyone or be an enemy of God. I'm just seeking the truth.
                              Please read my sermon on the subject of how we can tell which Bible is the One True Word of God HERE.

I am certain that it will open your eyes to the Truth(r).
                              Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                                Please read my sermon on the subject of how we can tell which Bible is the One True Word of God HERE.

I am certain that it will open your eyes to the Truth®.
                                I read your sermon. It's very enlightening. I've included a link to a website dedicated to the kjvo debate. I don't see how you could see this site as evil as Will Kinney (maybe the name sounds familiar) frequents the discussion.

blogging our way through the King James Only Debate

Run to the KJV1611!

Comment

Working...
                                X