X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi and all that jazz.

Originally posted by Turtlesaurus View Post
    "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." - Matthew 7:1-5

I can do this all day, friend.
    And yet you can't see the irony in what you just did.
    sigpic
    Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
    The truth about volcanos
    Sex and debauchery in public schools
    Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
    God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
    Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
      And yet you can't see the irony in what you just did.
      It would appear I do not, but do point it out.

Comment

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." - Matthew 7:1-5

I can do this all day, friend.
        I have highlighted the pivotal part of this verse, that you may understand where we are coming from.

I think, taking the entire passage in context, you will find us guilty of nothing.
        sigpic
        The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
        - Proverbs 15:3

CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL

CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob4God View Post
          I have highlighted the pivotal part of this verse, that you may understand where we are coming from.

I think, taking the entire passage in context, you will find us guilty of nothing.
          All humans are guilty. Saved or unsaved, you still sin. You're not God. You're not Jesus. You're a man.

Comment

I would hope that other Christians would judge and measure me by the same standards with which I judge and measure. Thank you for adding credence to my position.

I like the way you cherry pick to make your point like any good lukewarm, self styled "Christian." You have, however revealed yourself. Even in the Bible (Genesis 3:4-5 and Matthew 4:6), the devil twists the Holy Word of God to suit his purposes, much as you are doing here.

Are you possessed by the devil himself, or just several of his minions?
            People killed by God in the Bible: 2,476,633
            People killed by Satan in the Bible: 10

Whose side do YOU want to be on?
            Constantly Praying for Temperance Proverbs 16:24
            sigpic

Comment

It would appear I do not, but do point it out.
              First let's look at the later parts of the passage you quote.
              13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
              15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
              21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
              24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

You weren't even judged. You were asked for more information. And all we are doing is witnessing God's word to you and yet you judge us for it while quoting the bible out of context. Jesus is warning you against precisely what you just did before further rebuking you.
              sigpic
              Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
              The truth about volcanos
              Sex and debauchery in public schools
              Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
              God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
              Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

All humans are guilty. Saved or unsaved, you still sin.
                1 John 3: 5-6

Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yeshua bar Yusuf View Post
                  I would hope that other Christians would judge and measure me by the same standards with which I judge and measure. Thank you for adding credence to my position.

I like the way you cherry pick to make your point like any good lukewarm, self styled "Christian." You have, however revealed yourself. Even in the Bible (Genesis 3:4-5 and Matthew 4:6), the devil twists the Holy Word of God to suit his purposes, much as you are doing here.

Are you possessed by the devil himself, or just several of his minions?

ok, that's the last straw. I've done my best to respect you all, but you have not returned the favor. You, sir, are an idiot. Please disengage in conversation with me, as any further posts you make towards me that aren't at least somewhat considerate will be ignored.

By the way people:

<-- That is one of the most sacrilegious things I have ever seen (depicting Jesus as a smiley).

Comment

Originally posted by Yeshua bar Yusuf View Post
                    1 John 3:5-6

Get thee hence, satan!
                    Quoted for truth, PRAISE JESUS!

Would you please apologize now for insulting our saved status?
                    sigpic

Comment

ok, that's the last straw. I've done my best to respect you all, but you have not returned the favor. You, sir, are an idiot. Please disengage in conversation with me, as any further posts you make towards me that aren't at least somewhat considerate will be ignored.

By the way people:

<-- That is one of the most sacrilegious things I have ever seen (depicting Jesus as a smiley).
                      I suggest you keep a respectful tone when addressing anybody on this forum that isn't unsaved trash like you.

Now apologize before I take more drastic measures.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bob4God View Post
                        I suggest you keep a respectful tone when addressing anybody on this forum that isn't unsaved trash like you.

Now apologize before I take more drastic measures.
                        You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now. I really could care less if you ban me, but if you do it only shows you're afraid.

Comment

it only shows you're afraid.
                          Sort of like demanding that one with a better understanding of scripture than you who sees through your lies stop posting?

sigpic

Comment

By the way people:

Why the name-calling? That man is trying to save your damned soul. You're probably one of those yahoos who fights EMT personnel.

Please see my signature line for God's Thoughts on your potty mouth.

YiC,

Z. Smyth
                            sigpic

Comment

You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now. I really could care less if you ban me, but if you do it only shows you're afraid.
                              So you admit that you do not care about GOD or salvation?

If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest. - Proverbs 29:9

In case you don't know, you are the laughing fool this verse refers to, and we are the patient wise men.

Apparently, we are casting our pearls before swine.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and tear you. - Matthew 7:6
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
                                Why the name-calling? That man is trying to save your damned soul. You're probably one of those yahoos who fights EMT personnel.

Please see my signature line for God's Thoughts on your potty mouth.

YiC,

Z. Smyth
                                As if I have not also been insulted? I've read the opinions on Pentecostals on this site and not a single assertion I've seen so far is true. I believe in water baptism, the holy trinity, Bible study, the Bible being literal truth, and that you can only enter Heaven through salvation by Christ. Why then, am I different from you? I'm saved just the same. I'm just not a bigot about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X