X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Prove that gingers have souls!

Originally posted by In-Human View Post
    Well, at least as fellow humans who are discussing a point ... One of the main rules of courtesy toward someone you speak with is to ensure you actually agree with each other on what you are talking about. So could anyone out here define what is a soul ? Then we will hopefully be able to find a peaceful agreement.
    The answer is in Genesis:

Genesis 2:7 - And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
    True Christians are Perfect!
    True Christian™ Love.
    Salvation™ made Easy!
    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
    God HATES Rational Thinking!
    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Well, at least as fellow humans who are discussing a point ... One of the main rules of courtesy toward someone you speak with is to ensure you actually agree with each other on what you are talking about. So could anyone out here define what is a soul ? Then we will hopefully be able to find a peaceful agreement.

Yes, person, who are you? We have asked that visitors identify themselves in the introduction section. What is your congregation? Where do you abide? How many sons do you have? Come now, tell us everything and please watch your manners.

God Bless!
      God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

First of all, this is NOT a debate forum. We're right and you're wrong, according to Jesus and the Holy Word of God. Please read THIS thread before making an even bigger fool of yourself.

Secondly, while the internets might seem to be "free" to you, this particular corner of the internets is a privately owned Christian forum. The rights you have on this forum are listed HERE. Please contact a Pastor immediately if you feel that any of your rights have been violated.

Finally, your unsaved opinions or tantrums are not even slightly of interest to us. We follow the Holy Word of God TO THE LETTER, and make no apologies for that. One of the most important commandments in the Bible tells us to avoid unsaved scum such as yourself. You wandered in here uninvited, and unwelcome .

If you want to debate people, THIS is the place to go.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself.

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire.
        Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
          The answer is in Genesis:

Genesis 2:7 - And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Well then, a soul is "the breath of life" ? Then all living beings have a soul don't they ?
          A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

Well then, a soul is "the breath of life" ? Then all living beings have a soul don't they ?
            I'm afraid I'm having trouble locating the chapter and verse in which our Lord states that all living beings have a soul. Are you suggesting Jesus died for the sins of the the dust mites that live in the corners of your bookshelf?
            Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Before you want to make people ¨define to you what is a soul¨, which they will probably be glad to do, is it really necessary? Why do you think gingers need a soul? Would it be a problem if they don´t have a soul?

Before I came here I never gave it a good thought, IMHO this question should be answered first. It helped me a lot.
              Jeremiah 6:21 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.

Best wishes for the people in Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
                I'm afraid I'm having trouble locating the chapter and verse in which our Lord states that all living beings have a soul. Are you suggesting Jesus died for the sins of the the dust mites that live in the corners of your bookshelf?

I'm just trying to know what is a soul for true christians, and as you accurately showed to me, the definition of a soul is not in Genesis 2:7 . This extract is talking about the human soul, but without saying what it is.
                From a philosophical point of view, a soul (anima) is the principle of movement in any self-animated being (except for automats, which principle are extern to themselves).
                Aristotle defines different kinds of souls : vegetals, animals, and human ones, each of them allowing more complex operations.
                He actually gives one of the best ways to find out why humans can not be superior monkeys, but an essentially different kind of beings, but that is out of topic.

Could anyone define what is a soul from a true christian's point of view ?
                A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

I'm just trying to know what is a soul for true christians, and as you accurately showed to me, the definition of a soul is not in Genesis 2:7 .

God can.

1 Corinthians 15:54
                  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But you'll have to listen, to accept, to understand. It is not a game of definitions or a contest.

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
                  2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
                  Check out our Research in Creation Science:

Comment

I'm just trying to know what is a soul for true christians, and as you accurately showed to me, the definition of a soul is not in Genesis 2:7 . This extract is talking about the human soul, but without saying what it is.
                    From a philosophical point of view, a soul (anima) is the principle of movement in any self-animated being (except for automats, which principle are extern to themselves).
                    Aristotle defines different kinds of souls : vegetals, animals, and human ones, each of them allowing more complex operations.
                    He actually gives one of the best ways to find out why humans can not be superior monkeys, but an essentially different kind of beings, but that is out of topic.

The philospohical definition is, obviously, wrong. The only creature which God gave the breath of life (soul), is the first human - the first man, specifically. The Bible does not describe a similar process for animals nor plants - and neither for a woman. Therefore, animals and plants definitely have no souls, and women might have a tiny percentage of a soul since the first woman was created from Adam's rib after he got his soul (source).
                    God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                    True Christians are Perfect!
                    True Christian™ Love.
                    Salvation™ made Easy!
                    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                    God HATES Rational Thinking!
                    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Elmer G. White View Post
                      God can.

1 Corinthians 15:54
                      So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But you'll have to listen, to accept, to understand. It is not a game of definitions or a contest.

Yours in Christ,

Elmer

Very interesting, so a soul is something incorruptible and immortal. Well, we're at least closer to a definition, but not quite here, though this answer truly commands praise, so thank you.

Comment

Very interesting, so a soul is something incorruptible and immortal. Well, we're at least closer to a definition, but not quite here, though this answer truly commands praise, so thank you.
                        Well then, what is a soul from your point of view ? I really look forward to your answer.

Comment

No, no interpretations, no definitions, no easy answers available.

Psalms 107:25-28
                          For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof. They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble. They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end. Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.

It's like the horizon. Everybody knows it intuitively but you can never reach it by natural means. A soul can be destroyed.

Matthew 10:28
                          And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
                          2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
                          Check out our Research in Creation Science:

Comment

I find it interesting to see a person who supposedly has a passion for in-depth discussion and reasoning refuses to do the most rudimentary work for his part in a discussion. You'd think the first thing a person who claims to know and love God would do is read the Holy Bible. It is, after all, God's Own Word. Anyone who reads the Bible with an open heart and genuine desire to comprehend and understand the Will of God would find that some concepts, such as the soul, are complex and nuanced, but in faith all things are clear (Proverbs 3:6; James 1:5).

By reading, one would come away at least with the understanding that the human soul is distinct from the heart (Deuteronomy 26:16; 30:6) and the spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 4:12) and the mind (Matthew 22:37; Mark 12:30; Luke 10:27). It's not a tangible organ, like the liver, but an intangible one that was created specifically by God Himself (Jeremiah 38:16).

The Holy Bible tells us the soul needs atonement (Leviticus 17:11) and Christ alone is that atonement (Romans 3:25). The Holy Bible tells us the soul is purified in obeying the truth through the Spirit (1 Peter 1:22). Even a Catholic should understand that Jesus is the only bishop a soul requires (1 Peter 2:25).

These things are so basic to the sincere seeker, and no one who genuinely desire to know Jesus could walk away from the Holy Bible not moved to tears. The only logical response is overwhelming gratitude for the narrow escape from God's Wrath (Romans 5:9). In gratitude, we humble ourselves before Him and love Him and do all He asks (John 14:15).
                            Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Elmer G. White View Post

No, no interpretations, no definitions, no easy answers available.

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
                              So no one here knows what a soul is ?

But then, what is the point of that thread ?

Comment

So no one here knows what a soul is ?

But then, what is the point of that thread ?
                                Don't be daft. No easy answers =/= no answers.

The point of this thread is to offer people the chance to prove that gingers have souls. No one can accuse us of not giving people the opportunity to prove the validity of whatever harebrained ideas they cherish.

Comment

Working...
                                X