X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sometimes, I Go Moist

Unfortunately, in this godless European country I reside in, I haven't been able to eat any pies at all- moist or not. The closest thing that they have are just other assorted inferior pastries.

It's been forever since I've had an honest American apple pie

Comment

There is almost nothing in this world (except Jesus) that I love to go down on more than a good, wet pie.
      When a lady presents me with a hot fresh slice (the first is always the best, I've never been a fan of 'sloppy seconds') I just about loose control of myself with glory!
      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkling View Post
        Unfortunately, in this godless European country I reside in, I haven't been able to eat any pies at all- moist or not. The closest thing that they have are just other assorted inferior pastries.

It's been forever since I've had an honest American apple pie
        Hi sweetie, I don't know much about your baking skills, but you know, there is a reason for the saying "easy as pie..." and the reason is, it is very easy.
        God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
        True Christians are Perfect!
        True Christian™ Love.
        Salvation™ made Easy!
        You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
        Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
        Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
        Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
        Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
        The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
        Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
        God HATES Rational Thinking!
        True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
          Hi sweetie, I don't know much about your baking skills, but you know, there is a reason for the saying "easy as pie..." and the reason is, it is very easy.
          My baking skills are practically nonexistent, unfortunately.

When I marry I plan on leaving the baking to my (future) wife (whoever she turns out to be) but if I get unlucky and never meet the right person, I suppose that being able to bake pies could be a good skill to have ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkling View Post
            My baking skills are practically nonexistent, unfortunately.

When I marry I plan on leaving the baking to my (future) wife (whoever she turns out to be) but if I get unlucky and never meet the right person, I suppose that being able to bake pies could be a good skill to have ^^
            Oh, dear, I did not realize that I was speaking to a man, I apologize. Of course, as a man you are not required to know much about the inner workings of a pie.

Definitely, you must sample the pie of any woman you are considering to be your future wife, before you get stuck with her for good!
            God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
            True Christians are Perfect!
            True Christian™ Love.
            Salvation™ made Easy!
            You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
            Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
            Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
            Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
            Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
            The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
            Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
            God HATES Rational Thinking!
            True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Oh, dear, I did not realize that I was speaking to a man, I apologize. Of course, as a man you are not required to know much about the inner workings of a pie.

Definitely, you must sample the pie of any woman you are considering to be your future wife, before you get stuck with her for good!
              No problem ^^ My username and profile picture don't make it clear what gender I am after all, so it's an easy mistake to make- I'll have to fix that later, perhaps

To be honest it seems that the few pies that I have obtained while in the Czech Republic, and other pastries, while appearing delectable are rather... not sour, but not sweet, either. Perhaps they simply don't add enough sugar?

Comment

Seeing as my name and avatar don't really imply that I'm a man, perhaps I should change my avatar at least as to not confuse people ^^

For some reason, in the Czech Republic, the few pie-like pastries and pastries in general I have sampled all appear delectable but in reality aren't very sweet at all, almost sour. I know next to nothing about cooking, but I know enough to say that they should add more sugar!

Comment

But that's an inspiring profile pic:

Comment

Originally posted by Mother Of Seven View Post
                    But that's an inspiring profile pic:
                    *looks at thread* how did I doublepost? Well, that's what happens when I think that slow internet kept one of them from making it on xd

Thanks! I'm glad you like it, I think I'll keep it

Comment

That was wonderful! I look forward to the day I'll be able to try your pie in person. So much care and attention clearly goes into them.
                      But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy. (2 Chronicles 36:16)

The Bible is perfect and contains ZERO contradictions: A True Christian™ guide to logic
                      Using a spirit level to identify homosexuals: A guide for those without the "gaydar"
                      "eSports": Become Usain Bolt without leaving your sofa

Comment

Being moist is good. God reserves lack of moisture for sinners who refuse to confess:

When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah. I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. Psalms 32:3-5
                        The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Sister Naomi, I just spent two hours in my prayer closet (alone, of course, as God commanded in Matthew 6:6) reading your beautiful poem. It was so gripping, I couldn't put it down.

Oh what I wouldn't give for a taste, even just a whiff, of your magnificent pie...
                          Proverbs 27:15 A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.

Comment

Working...
                          X