X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller Derby? Is it safe for a heterosexual like me?

I've been invited to attend a Roller Derby bout, but I am concerned about the kind of women who might attend such an event. Is this a safe place for a wholesome Christian gal like me to be?
    Jesus - gentle, dependable overnight relief.

Re: Roller Derby? Is it safe for a heterosexual like me?

Originally posted by Glendora Christianson View Post
    I've been invited to attend a Roller Derby bout, but I am concerned about the kind of women who might attend such an event. Is this a safe place for a wholesome Christian gal like me to be?
    Go for it!

Nothing better to get these witch-hunting points than to aim right at the nest!
    Former member of a church which I cannot dare mention-Now a spiritual free agent-could LBC be the way for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Glendora Christianson View Post

Sister Glendora, I fear for your safety in such a place.

It is a proven fact that many particpants in that "sport", as well as female fans, arrived there on motorcycles.

It is also a proven fact that they rode the two-wheelers themselves. In other words they weren't riding bitch as a passenger behind a man.

Ergo, dykes on bikes.

Please, Sister Glendora, exercise caution in this endeavor.
      The Honorable HTannor (Pro NRA, Anti-Homer Marriage), Judge, Freehold Supreme Court

"Credo elvem etiam vivere"

Comment

Originally posted by Offcr. Albert Martin View Post
        Go for it!

Nothing better to get these witch-hunting points than to aim right at the nest!
        Oh that's JUST what I expected from a liberal permissive "cop" like you! Do you know how much gang activity and drugs are passed around in places like that! I can't tell you how many times I've busted places like that had to arrest most of the people in the place for hiding their drugs.

So how long have you been trafficking drugs for middle-schoolers in your little squad car?
        Latest Headlines From Sheriff's Office:

Sheriff Richards Rescues Wayward Wife from the Influence of Evil Neighbor Kids

Sheriff Richards Busts Up Satanic Cult Operating out of local Haunted House

Sheriff Richards a Hero for saving Dying Man

Sheriff Richards Schools the Amish in Scripture

7 Year-Old Coveter Learns the Hard Way

Sheriff Richards cleans up 4-way stop

Sheriff Richards busts Arch Nemesis, Shane!

FPD to Enforce the No-Lifeguard-But-Jesus Ordinance

Sheriff Don W. Richards Cleans Up County Roads

Comment

Thank you all for your very good advice. One thing I have decided is, I need to get these gals to lower the length of their skirts. But I do think these are true ladies, not the kind of carpet cleaners you find in the NEA. HOPEFUL MOTHER GLENDORA
          Attached Files
          Jesus - gentle, dependable overnight relief.

Comment

I'll say, go my beloved sister, no better place to be than there where the evil lives, so you can testify with your actions and call all those sinners to the path of GOD.
            "I know this is painful for the ladies to hear, but if you get married, you have accepted the headship of a man, your husband. Christ is the head of the household and the husband is the head of the wife, and that's the way it is, period." –Pat Robertson

Comment

Sounds like none of you have gone to a recent Roller Derby bout and are comparing modern Roller Derby to the way it was back in the 60's and 70's. Perhaps you should keep an open mind and follow your own book...

John 7:24, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment" and Matthew 7:1, "Judge not that ye be not judged."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Khan View Post
                Sounds like none of you have gone to a recent Roller Derby bout and are comparing modern Roller Derby to the way it was back in the 60's and 70's. Perhaps you should keep an open mind and follow your own book...

John 7:24, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment" and Matthew 7:1, "Judge not that ye be not judged."
                Hello and welcome to our friendly forums! I'm curious as to what makes you think Mrs. Christianson has failed to judge with righteous judgement? As a True Christian(tm) woman and spiritual mother to all of Landover Baptist Church, she is a temple of the Holy Spirit, a vessel that speaks not of her own accord, but of the LORD's. (1 Corinthians 6:19)

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

I know one thing...there is nothing "gay" at all about the gator wranglers

Comment

Perhaps you should keep an open mind and follow your own book...
                    I assure you all Christians here follow the Holy Bible for 100%. An open mind is not part of that though. Only God's rules apply, nothing else. An open mind leads to an open behind. And that leads to gay marriage and Hell. Not a path I would recommend.
                    5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                    To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                    James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

Sounds like none of you have gone to a recent Roller Derby bout
                      We've never been to a black mass, either, but we still know that it is sinful.

When you take Bible verses out of context, you miss their point.

Matthew 7:1 is about not being a hypocrite:

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:1-2

And John 7:24 is about not listening to Jews:

If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day? Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. John 7:23-24

We aren't hypocrites--we don't dress up in costumes and roller skates and we don't let Jews, or anyone else who has rejected Jesus (which includes you), tell us what to think or what to do. You need to stop messing around with things of the flesh such as roller derby and get right with God.
                      The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Hi! I felt the need to respond to your post. I currently work with 16 leagues, and would be glad to answer any questions you may have about this amazing sport. There are a wide range of skaters in Roller Derby, both Christian and non - Christian. The Christian skaters are treated as equals. I would gladly encourage any young lady, woman, teen to join Roller Derby. Like everything in life you have to go to different bouts (games) to see the leagues and see if you fit with them. Everyone is different. Some leagues focus on creating a family of adults that love to roller skate, some leagues concentrate on helping you become physically fit. I happen to know several skaters that not only talk the talk, but walk it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unspoiledchief View Post
                          There are a wide range of skaters in Roller Derby, both Christian and non - Christian. The Christian skaters are treated as equals.
                          Read: Christians are forced to skate with homosexuals and other non-Christians.
                          May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
                            Read: Christians are forced to skate with homosexuals and other non-Christians.
                            It's same thing with this Roller derby as it with all things in life. If you have to ask if it's safe for heterosexuals, it's most likely gaysexual and should be avoided at all cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphonse Alban View Post
                              It's same thing with this Roller derby as it with all things in life. If you have to ask if it's safe for heterosexuals, it's most likely gaysexual and should be avoided at all cost.
                              Amen!
                              1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
                              Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
                              Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

Comment

Working...
                              X