X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • confusedchristian09
    Unsaved trash
    • Apr 2010
    • 21

    #1

    Politics

    As I have seen on this forum, it is proclaimed that the Bible states that women do not even count as people. You all believe that is true, (not questioning here just stating that you all follow the word of the bible literally) correct?

    If you all really believe this, then why are some of the people on this forum pushing for Sarah Palin as President of the United States? It just seems to contradict some beliefs that have been stated on this forum.

    Give infractions as you will, just thought this was a reasonable question, maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
    Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 04-16-2010, 06:58 AM. Reason: links so people know what you're babbling about
  • Jeb Stuart Thurmond
    Didn't write the Bible, just obeys it
     
    • Jun 2007
    • 6578

    #2
    Re: Politics

    Originally posted by confusedchristian09 View Post
    the Bible states that women do not even count as people....why are some of the people on this forum pushing for Sarah Palin as President of the United States?
    We would vote for a bowl of lukewarm rotini if it could beat Obama. And she can beat Obama. Did you know it's possible to see Russia from Alaska? Russia! From Alaska!
    Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
    Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
    Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

    Comment

    • confusedchristian09
      Unsaved trash
      • Apr 2010
      • 21

      #3
      Re: Politics

      I would definitely agree with you on that point. I would never vote for Obama either.

      Comment

      • Talitha
        Deaconess
        Gracious, genteel, kind, tender, and warm True Christian™ Sister
        True Christian™
        • Sep 2026
        • 15118

        #4
        Re: Politics

        Originally posted by confusedchristian09 View Post
        I would definitely agree with you on that point. I would never vote for Obama either.
        Praise Jesus!
        Another Saved Soul who agrees with us.

        I'm so pleased you are no longer confused.

        Sister Talitha

        Markswoman, Circumcisionist, Platinum Tither.


        HE took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha Cumi; which is,
        being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise!...Mark 5:41



        Comment

        • mr religion?
          Unsaved trash
          • Apr 2010
          • 33

          #5
          Re: Politics

          I am not a feminist in anyway but that is one part within your bible there is another very similar to that basically saying women subdue to your husbands and there is another part by the same guy basically saying men die for your women so that would prove that women are indeed people as I said earlier i am not a feminist I am only someone who wishes to state how wrong all you Nazi americans are
          The movie ran through me, The glamour subdued me, The tabloid untied me,
          I'm empty please fill me, Mister anchor assure me, That Baghdad is burning,
          Your voice it is so soothing, That cunning mantra of killing,I need you my witness,
          To dress this up so bloodless, To numb me and purge me now, Of thoughts of blaming you,

          Comment

          • mr religion?
            Unsaved trash
            • Apr 2010
            • 33

            #6
            Re: Politics

            Originally posted by Talitha View Post
            Praise Jesus!
            Another Saved Soul who agrees with us.

            I'm so pleased you are no longer confused.

            You say you would never vote for obama but if anything obama is miles better than alot of your presidents especially george bush.

            Obama is finally going to sort out your health buisness and al you peices of rubbish

            No i'm not religiouss in anyway or aethiest I don't care what you have to say about what i am
            The movie ran through me, The glamour subdued me, The tabloid untied me,
            I'm empty please fill me, Mister anchor assure me, That Baghdad is burning,
            Your voice it is so soothing, That cunning mantra of killing,I need you my witness,
            To dress this up so bloodless, To numb me and purge me now, Of thoughts of blaming you,

            Comment

            • Jeb Stuart Thurmond
              Didn't write the Bible, just obeys it
               
              • Jun 2007
              • 6578

              #7
              Re: Politics

              Originally posted by mr religion? View Post
              another part by the same guy basically saying men die for your women
              Waitwhat? Chapter and verse, please.

              I'd die for America, but America isn't a human being.
              Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
              Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
              Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

              Comment

              • Rev. Jim Osborne
                True Christian™ Televangelist
                Director of Fundraising and Tithing
                On the Look Out for Wife #6!
                True Christian™
                • Jun 2009
                • 8622

                #8
                Re: Politics

                Originally posted by mr religion? View Post
                I am not a feminist in anyway but that is one part within your bible there is another very similar to that basically saying women subdue to your husbands and there is another part by the same guy basically saying men die for your women so that would prove that women are indeed people as I said earlier i am not a feminist I am only someone who wishes to state how wrong all you Nazi americans are
                Can you quote book/chapter/verse of what you are referring to? If you are going to make wild claims, back them up please.

                Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

                Comment

                • GOD=life
                  WARNING: Do not attempt to debate. You will lose horribly.
                  True Christian™
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 3263

                  #9
                  Re: Politics

                  Originally posted by mr religion? View Post
                  I am not a feminist in anyway but that is one part within your bible there is another very similar to that basically saying women subdue to your husbands...
                  Obviously, once Sarah Palin is elected President, she will let her husband Todd Palin call the shots. They had a similar arrangement when she was governor of Alaska.
                  I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

                  Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
                  Matthew 7:22
                  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
                  Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

                  Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.

                  Comment

                  • mr religion?
                    Unsaved trash
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 33

                    #10
                    Re: Politics

                    Here they are from ephesians

                    5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

                    and the next one from also from ephesians

                    5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it

                    Notice that they are only 3 verses (I think that is what they are called) apart


                    Here is another wich states woman and man are equal from Genesis 1:27

                    So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

                    It states that both man and woman er made in god's images therfore they are equal
                    The movie ran through me, The glamour subdued me, The tabloid untied me,
                    I'm empty please fill me, Mister anchor assure me, That Baghdad is burning,
                    Your voice it is so soothing, That cunning mantra of killing,I need you my witness,
                    To dress this up so bloodless, To numb me and purge me now, Of thoughts of blaming you,

                    Comment

                    • Ezekiel Bathfire
                      Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
                      Christ's Rottweiler
                       
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 22931

                      #11
                      Re: Politics

                      Originally posted by mr religion? View Post
                      Here is another wich states woman and man are equal from Genesis 1:27

                      So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

                      It states that both man and woman er made in god's images therfore they are equal
                      No, read the Bible properly! This is what God said and did:

                      Ge:2:18: And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. So we see that woman is a man's ASSISTANT!

                      And woman was not even God's first choice!

                      Ge:2:20: And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
                      See? God first looked for an animal as an assistant for Adam.

                      So women are the 2nd choice to animals.

                      (You can see why God thought this way. I mean, a trained monkey to do all your work would be really cool.)
                      sigpic


                      “We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

                      Author of such illuminating essays as,
                      Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

                      Comment

                      • Songemot
                        Unsaved trash
                        Under Investigation
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 17

                        #12
                        Re: Politics

                        Originally posted by mr religion? View Post
                        Obama is finally going to sort out your health buisness and al you peices of rubbish
                        Oh really? You mean by setting up death murder panels to kill your grandparents/parents?

                        Originally posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
                        Can you quote book/chapter/verse of what you are referring to? If you are going to make wild claims, back them up please.
                        I agree with Brother Jim. If you're going to say crazy stuff, back it up when you say it. Don't wait until later and then provide scripture that contradicts what you claimed in the first place.
                        ><>
                        "...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
                        †

                        Comment

                        • mr religion?
                          Unsaved trash
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 33

                          #13
                          Re: Politics

                          That proves that the human race is so corrupt that they had to change things to suit what everyone else believed because it is clear the bible was made wrote by the human race as the beliefs change. That has to be one of religions biggest faults the change in who should be in power etc

                          Your bible is one of those things which are corrupt as every opinion is biased to suit what everyone else believes
                          The movie ran through me, The glamour subdued me, The tabloid untied me,
                          I'm empty please fill me, Mister anchor assure me, That Baghdad is burning,
                          Your voice it is so soothing, That cunning mantra of killing,I need you my witness,
                          To dress this up so bloodless, To numb me and purge me now, Of thoughts of blaming you,

                          Comment

                          • James Dewitt
                            #63 on Forbes'...but #1 in Jesus's Heart
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 6267

                            #14
                            Re: Politics

                            Originally posted by mr religion? View Post
                            Here they are from ephesians

                            5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

                            and the next one from also from ephesians

                            5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it

                            Notice that they are only 3 verses (I think that is what they are called) apart


                            Here is another wich states woman and man are equal from Genesis 1:27

                            So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

                            It states that both man and woman er made in god's images therfore they are equal
                            Genesis 2

                            21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
                            23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

                            Comment

                            • eliot mayfield
                              God Squad
                              True Christian™
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 9324

                              #15
                              Re: Politics

                              Originally posted by mr religion? View Post
                              Here they are from ephesians

                              5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

                              and the next one from also from ephesians

                              5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it

                              Notice that they are only 3 verses (I think that is what they are called) apart


                              Here is another wich states woman and man are equal from Genesis 1:27

                              So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

                              It states that both man and woman er made in god's images therfore they are equal
                              ROTFLWJ!!!

                              Please, read the rest of the book!
                              Matthew:
                              5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
                              5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
                              10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
                              10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.


                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...