X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GOD=life
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    And when that man is a bad man, millions will follow him in the name of religion.
    You mean like the pedophile Muhammad? It is proven fact that he married a 9 year old prepubescent girl (it's in the quran) and yet mooslims consider him the most moral man ever to have existed. With other words: they see themselves as less moral than a pedophile. Think about it...

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    And then bad things may happen
    Agreed 100%! Who isn't sick of those terrorist attacks and the like? False religions are indeed very dangerous!

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
    You don't sound like a bad person JohnCarlos, why do you want to be an atheist?
    Thanks for your kind words!

    I've seen a lot of things, I've seen a lot of bad things, I've seen a lot of bad things in the name of religion, I've seen a lot of bad things made by religion extremists. I've been there, I've not saw such things on TV.

    Related to extremism:The book isn't the same, the ideals are. The God isn't the same, the ways one decide to worship and follow his god are. Altought peolple claim to follow a book, there's allways a man, a bright clever man who claims to understand the book better than anyone else. And when that man is a bad man, millions will follow him in the name of religion. And then bad things may happen

    Religion scares me, I've fought because of it.

    There you go

    Leave a comment:


  • GOD=life
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    When I was a kid (8) my brother adviced me to jump from a wall, I've seen him doing it so I followed the advice...Well I've broke an arm...
    So basically we agree, no? Basically, if you would have followed God's advice instead of the advice of a stupid kid, you wouldn't have ended up with a broken arm.

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    The Bible, altough having some good advices, it has ones wich I don't think wise to follow.
    Well, if you think you're smarter than God, why not take it up with God? God is the most intelligent and knowing entity in the universe. I'll trust God over fellow human beings (including myself) any day of the week.

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    And knowing myself that humans made the Bible, ...
    That's circular logic: your assumption that humans made the Bible is self-confirming. Thus it is a fallacy that will not stand in rational debate.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    When I was a kid (8) my brother adviced me to jump from a wall, I've seen him doing it so I followed the advice...Well I've broke an arm...

    The Bible, altough having some good advices, it has ones wich I don't think wise to follow. And knowing myself that humans made the Bible, and not knowing myself any man or women with evidences of connection to God, I can only understand the bad advices on the Bible are like the one my brother gave me. And I've learn my lessons so I won't follow bad advices from humans!
    John, you think God is not wise?

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by GOD=life View Post
    But what's the use of the Bible if you can just pick and choose the parts you like? Christianity is not supposed to be a DIY religion. If you want to get into the Heaven God made, then you have to follow the Bible that God wrote.
    When I was a kid (8) my brother adviced me to jump from a wall, I've seen him doing it so I followed the advice...Well I've broke an arm...

    The Bible, altough having some good advices, it has ones wich I don't think wise to follow. And knowing myself that humans made the Bible, and not knowing myself any man or women with evidences of connection to God, I can only understand the bad advices on the Bible are like the one my brother gave me. And I've learn my lessons so I won't follow bad advices from humans!

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Gee John, I think you missed the point I was trying to make, too bad. Must be a language thing.

    See John, you do not have to interpret the Bible. There is no hidden meaning. It is all right there in black and white. You simply have to do what it says. Many get into a lot of trouble when they try to change the intent of the words to suit a situation. You do not need to do this. Read and follow the directions. Very simple.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bobby-Joe
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I'm sorry but altough I understand this anology, I've read my old car manual a lot of times and right now the car is standing on a junkyard...If only the manual had taught me how to drive...

    I believe the same thins applies to the Bible, it's not about reading it, neither following it, but it is about how you read it, and what you decide to make with the knowledge you've get...So far I've decided do be an atheist...
    How can that be the correct choice friend? There is no hope in atheism. All the atheists I know are bitter old people who look at porn all day and make fun of people. Atheism is really the religion of those who have given up on life and just want it to be as empty as their souls. Trust me when I saw atheists are awful, awful people.

    You don't sound like a bad person JohnCarlos, why do you want to be an atheist?

    Leave a comment:


  • GOD=life
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    it's not about reading it, neither following it
    Strange, even false Christians do not support such a view.

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    but it is about how you read it, and what you decide to make with the knowledge you've get...
    But what's the use of the Bible if you can just pick and choose the parts you like? Christianity is not supposed to be a DIY religion. If you want to get into the Heaven God made, then you have to follow the Bible that God wrote.

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    So far I've decided do be an atheist...
    Well, if your way of reading the Bible leads you to the conclusion that it can be ignored altogether, then that is a hint in and of itself that your way is wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • Talitha
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I'm sorry but altough I understand this anology, I've read my old car manual a lot of times and right now the car is standing on a junkyard...If only the manual had taught me how to drive...

    I believe the same thins applies to the Bible, it's not about reading it, neither following it, but it is about how you read it, and what you decide to make with the knowledge you've get...So far I've decided do be an atheist...
    Reading The Bible and accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior is not just about Cars or Motorcycles It's about your Eternal Soul.
    It's about washing away your Sins.
    What better incentive could there be?

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
    Regarding unpleasantries. Remember the car owners manual analogy I provided earlier. You are riding down the road and you get a flat. What a terrible thing, what are you going to do? You get out your owners manual and read about where the spare is located, which way the lug nuts must be turned, where the jack points are. In 10 minutes you are on your way again, happy as a lark...

    ...Your soul is just like that. If you took care of it, by reading and living by the entire Bible, following Gods word without question, doing everything that marvelous manual of life said to do, when you die, you will get a lot back for your efforts. Eternity in Heaven.

    I'm sorry but altough I understand this anology, I've read my old car manual a lot of times and right now the car is standing on a junkyard...If only the manual had taught me how to drive...

    I believe the same thins applies to the Bible, it's not about reading it, neither following it, but it is about how you read it, and what you decide to make with the knowledge you've get...So far I've decided do be an atheist...

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Regarding unpleasantries. Remember the car owners manual analogy I provided earlier. You are riding down the road and you get a flat. What a terrible thing, what are you going to do? You get out your owners manual and read about where the spare is located, which way the lug nuts must be turned, where the jack points are. In 10 minutes you are on your way again, happy as a lark.

    The Bible is the same way. We have unpleasantness in live. Not everything is pretty and fun. But with the Bible by your side and God in your heart, you can deal with the flat tires of life in just a few minutes and soon will be back smiling again, with nary a care in the world.

    Eventually, your car will reach the end of its' life for you. It is time to sell it. Depending on how well you took care of it will determine how much you can sell it for.

    Your soul is just like that. If you took care of it, by reading and living by the entire Bible, following Gods word without question, doing everything that marvelous manual of life said to do, when you die, you will get a lot back for your efforts. Eternity in Heaven.

    John, is that you on the motorcycle? I am an avid motorcyclist though these days I do not ride as much as I would like. I have an old Yamaha FZR1000 and a recent model Suzuki DRZ470SM as well as a bunch of dirt bikes. Mostly I drive my pickup or on of my Porsches. For relaxation, I drive a long haul tractor trailer, my 'retirement job'. How about you?

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Talitha View Post
    Hello Mr Johncarlos, Welcome to our Godly Boards.
    I'm sorry I'm a bit late in saying hello but I have many duties here in Freehold.

    It pleases me that someone like yourself should turn to our Church to find your way to Salvation through Jesus Christ.
    We are the only Church giving a money-back guarantee of Salvation or your money back.

    God Bless
    I am so sorry, I may be an atheist but I'm not rude!I've completely missed your post!

    Thanks for the kind words!

    Leave a comment:


  • Talitha
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    Absolutelly you can call me John!

    I'm reading the Bible once again, since this morning, thanks to you. If I don't find anything pleasent on It, at least I'm sure I'll find something new and rewarding on it!

    About my English I'm sorry for the errors, but I usually say allways the same thing everyday when I'm forced to use English (is allways the same answers and orders and allways the same reply...) so sometimes I forget about how to write and speak correctly. But I'm not here to work on that believe me!
    See, John. You are becoming more Christian all the time.
    The way you just ignored my welcome Post to you was like a sign from God.

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
    ...Well John, the Bible is the owners manual for man. You have admit, man and life is much more complicated than a mere car. So you read the owners manual (Bible). You read it again and again. During times of trouble, perhaps you focus just on the parts to guide you though those troubling times. When the problem is to big, you pray (get serviced) to God for help and guidance.
    Absolutelly you can call me John!

    I'm reading the Bible once again, since this morning, thanks to you. If I don't find anything pleasent on It, at least I'm sure I'll find something new and rewarding on it!

    About my English I'm sorry for the errors, but I usually say allways the same thing everyday when I'm forced to use English (is allways the same answers and orders and allways the same reply...) so sometimes I forget about how to write and speak correctly. But I'm not here to work on that believe me!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I know this is offensive to you comparing the Bible to a panflets and I'm sorry for that, but I see the Bible as book written by humans, and I only trust a handfull of humans in this world:Me, my copilot on the moment, and the ones who served with me in the army!
    The Bible is written by humans of course, but humans under the direct inspiration of God. So, you should trust the Bible not because it was written by humans, but guided by the wisdom of Our Lord. Don't you think you should trust God more than your own friends?

    2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

    Habakkuk 2:2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...