X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
    It's nice to see a glimmer of hope. If you did indeed read the Bible then what made you decide not to believe it's content if I may ask?
    I also read a lot of panflets wich people tend to put on my bike, and I also don't believe I'm getting a new rolex if I attend to the meeting on the panflet because I'll probably end up giving some money to an organization and only receive some stupid time-share in return...

    I know this is offensive to you comparing the Bible to a panflets and I'm sorry for that, but I see the Bible as book written by humans, and I only trust a handfull of humans in this world:Me, my copilot on the moment, and the ones who served with me in the army!

    In the end it's all about faith, I guess I still lack that!

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    True!

    I've read the Bible, had to; but I don't claim to understand It, neither I claim to be making the right choice, neither I want you to become an atheist. In fact the only reason I'm still here is because of you and Cranky. It's challenging speaking to you and believe it or not, I'm learning!
    Johncarlos, may I call you John? I appreciate that!

    John, I hope you are not here just for English practice.

    John, before you said you never read it, what you meant was you never understood it, two entirely different things. When you got your car, it had a owners manual. It instructed you on the care and maintenance of your car. You did read that, right? Without it, you'd spend a lot of time guessing, probably the clock would always be wrong and so on. But having read it, you can set the clock, figure out how the key fob works and all that stuff. It explains to you when to take the car in for servicing.

    Well John, the Bible is the owners manual for man. You have admit, man and life is much more complicated than a mere car. So you read the owners manual (Bible). You read it again and again. During times of trouble, perhaps you focus just on the parts to guide you though those troubling times. When the problem is to big, you pray (get serviced) to God for help and guidance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cranky Old Man
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    and believe it or not, I'm learning!
    It's nice to see a glimmer of hope. If you did indeed read the Bible then what made you decide not to believe it's content if I may ask?

    Leave a comment:


  • Talitha
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Hello Mr Johncarlos, Welcome to our Godly Boards.
    I'm sorry I'm a bit late in saying hello but I have many duties here in Freehold.

    It pleases me that someone like yourself should turn to our Church to find your way to Salvation through Jesus Christ.
    We are the only Church giving a money-back guarantee of Salvation or your money back.

    God Bless

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
    I do find it amazing you think you can argue about religion whan by your own admisssion, you have never read the Bible. What makes you think you have sufficient information to make an intelligent choice?
    True!

    I've read the Bible, had to; but I don't claim to understand It, neither I claim to be making the right choice, neither I want you to become an atheist. In fact the only reason I'm still here is because of you and Cranky. It's challenging speaking to you and believe it or not, I'm learning!

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I'm sorry but giving out infinite punishment for a finite crime seems like a concept made by an evil entity and not by a all-loving...

    PS:I've yet to meet one religious person who believed in the concept of heaven/hell who didn't think they were going to heaven. All you christians in this forum are going to muslim hell, and they also have a sacred book to prove their point. In the end we're all doomed to hell!
    Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine!
    Do I know for sure I am going to Heaven? Of course not, that would be presumptuous. I hope I do. I live by the Bible, I follow its' every word. So I think my chances are very good.
    You on the other hand will definitely not go to Heaven. You have stated time and time again a multitude of reasons why you will not go to Heaven.

    I do find it amazing you think you can argue about religion whan by your own admisssion, you have never read the Bible. What makes you think you have sufficient information to make an intelligent choice?

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    ...............
    I guess me, as an atheist, will end up by spending an week in each religion hell after I've died...
    Probably true.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cranky Old Man
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I guess me, as an atheist, will end up by spending an week in each religion hell after I've died...
    Clever . I hope for all those other religions that I am wrong. Unfortunately for them I am not.

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
    The same could be said about the death penalty. God is not always a nice guy, the Bible is full of examples on that. Unfortunately how you would have created the universe is irrelevant, God made it as it is and we will have to do with that.

    Actually I have met a lot of people who think they will end up in hell. Less than 1% of all people will go to Heaven, so most people assumed to go to hell will actually go there.
    I'm against death penalty, it's stupid. And God doesn't really expect anything, otherwise He would not be God, but a mere human.

    I guess me, as an atheist, will end up by spending an week in each religion hell after I've died...

    Leave a comment:


  • Wide-Open
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I'm sorry but giving out infinite punishment for a finite crime seems like a concept made by an evil entity and not by a all-loving...
    That's a common misconception friend. Our God is not some hippy liebral, trying to do only good.

    As the Lord Himself put it.

    Isaiah 45:7
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

    Yes, the evil you see around you, is also created by Him. Glory!

    PS:I've yet to meet one religious person who believed in the concept of heaven/hell who didn't think they were going to heaven. All you christians in this forum are going to muslim hell, and they also have a sacred book to prove their point. In the end we're all doomed to hell!
    Hell is hell. Yes of course, it may seem like muslim hell, as all muslims will end up there anyway, and there's a lot of them, but then again, you might also call it "atheist hell" or "false Christian hell".

    Bien étonnés de se retrouver ensembles, as the French would say. That is, if I knew French.

    Anyway, this thread has gone off the rails, and I'm sure that deep down in your Portuguese heart, Jesus is talking to you, right now.

    Think of Heaven as Madeira (without the British pensioners, obviously). Think of Hell as ... Faro on an extremely busy day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cranky Old Man
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I'm sorry but giving out infinite punishment for a finite crime seems like a concept made by an evil entity and not by a all-loving...
    The same could be said about the death penalty. God is not always a nice guy, the Bible is full of examples on that. Unfortunately how you would have created the universe is irrelevant, God made it as it is and we will have to do with that.

    PS:I've yet to meet one religious person who believed in the concept of heaven/hell who didn't think they were going to heaven. All you christians in this forum are going to muslim hell, and they also have a sacred book to prove their point. In the end we're all doomed to hell!
    Actually I have met a lot of people who think they will end up in hell. Less than 1% of all people will go to Heaven, so most people assumed to go to hell will actually go there.

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    I'm sorry but giving out infinite punishment for a finite crime seems like a concept made by an evil entity and not by a all-loving...

    PS:I've yet to meet one religious person who believed in the concept of heaven/hell who didn't think they were going to heaven. All you christians in this forum are going to muslim hell, and they also have a sacred book to prove their point. In the end we're all doomed to hell!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cranky Old Man
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I won't be a good person just because I'm afraid of what may happen to me after I'm dead, because that would be hypocrite and coward.
    Agreed, just doing good because you are afraid of hell would be cowardly.

    But I'll try to be a good person because I want to. And here you have my atheism explained.
    I don't see what wanting to be a good person has to do with atheism. I myself want to be a good person and I think the proper way to achieve that is by following the Holy Bible.

    I don't care about people having religion, in fact I do believe religion is a good thing and people should be free to choose the one they believe better.
    We also believe that people are allowed to choose their own religion. After all we all have free will. But we also believe that the people who choose the wrong religion (or no religion at all) will burn in hell for all eternity so we warn them hoping to prevent that from happening.

    However I do know Jesus never spoke American or English...
    Jesus can speak any language he wants, but he probably spoke the language of the people around Him.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hello

    You are incredible. You state:
    I don't know anything about the Bible.
    Yet you feebly attempt to make a position and a case for your beliefs. That has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard. You know one side of a argument and make up your mind. You'd make a great police man or judge. If you ever have kids, I feel sorry for them. Simply amazing! I know uneducated mountain folk with more common sense. Heck, my farm animals are smarter than that.

    Leave a comment:


  • johncarlos
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Poe's law...But I'll give it some more fuel

    I won't be a good person just because I'm afraid of what may happen to me after I'm dead, because that would be hypocrite and coward. But I'll try to be a good person because I want to. And here you have my atheism explained.

    I don't care about people having religion, in fact I do believe religion is a good thing and people should be free to choose the one they believe better.

    I don't know anything about the Bible.

    However I do know Jesus never spoke American or English...

    Leave a comment:


  • Noah Dint
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by johncarlos View Post
    I'm not here to discuss, I'm here to learn. Sorry if I've confused you but English is not my native language and so you must understand the fact that I'm not used to say God, it's different on my language and that's why I forgot to use the shift key. And as English is not my native language I also avoid to write huge posts, so there you have the reason for my short and confusing presentantion.

    Best regards.
    ...and if they don't speak God's Favorite Language™ properly we are supposed to communicate how? I'm tired of these non-American speaking people coming in here and expecting us to bow-down to their speach challenges. It's as if they have a different word for everything in their other language. How arrogant can you get?

    -ND

    Leave a comment:

Working...