X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who wants to try my chili?

My understanding is that an authentic Texas chili requires a few Texas rat whiskers, but I've never been able to find them in the spice section of the grocery here in the North. Another ingredient that is often used is a "splash" of Rebel Yell whiskey (maybe a ½ cup) that ads a bit of "smoke" and anti-Yankee attitude to the dish.

I agree - no beans, and don't dare sneak in any cloves.
    Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
    brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
    ...and get off my lawn
    sigpic

Comment

Have you tried saffron?

Comment

After going abroad and putting up with spicy foods and weird cheeses (camembert, comte, blue stilton, aged cheddar, gorgonzola, serra da estrella... I could go on), not to mention crusty rolls, fresh baguette, olive bread, walnut bread, baked fresh and less than a dollar, I can tell you for a fact that America is still No. 1. Give me bread that does not ever grow mold and cheese that comes in individual plastic wrap, as God intended.
        If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

I made it for John last night with ghost peppers (I don't know if he likes anything hotter), and he loved it! Thank you, Dolli!
          And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
          Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

Originally posted by Esther B. View Post
            I made it for John last night with ghost peppers (I don't know if he likes anything hotter), and he loved it! Thank you, Dolli!
            The obvious conclusion here is that "John" is actually Juan, and is an illegal beaner in disguise trying to marry you for a green card.
            I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
            Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
            But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
            From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Lukes View Post
              The obvious conclusion here is that "John" is actually Juan, and is an illegal beaner in disguise trying to marry you for a green card.
              I completely understand your concern, Mr. Lukes, but after a very intensive (and ongoing) background/ancestry check, I can assure you that John is a full-blooded, white American man. I wish I could call him a True Christian(TM), but that's not for me to decide. There will be NO violations of Deuteronomy 7:3 or Daniel 2:43 in my family!

Comment

I made it for John last night with ghost peppers (I don't know if he likes anything hotter), and he loved it!
                Esther, dear, if he actually enjoyed ghost peppers in his chili, he wouldn't have noticed any difference with the Carolina reapers. Lemme guess: he munches on habanero peppers (a meager 500,000 on Scoville scale) as if they were apples?

Originally posted by Dennis Lukes View Post
                That is a very good point, Brother Dennis. No normal human of pure white Anglo-Saxon descent would be able to survive eating ten ghost peppers at once.
                God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                True Christians are Perfect!
                True Christian™ Love.
                Salvation™ made Easy!
                You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                God HATES Rational Thinking!
                True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                  No normal human of pure white Anglo-Saxon descent would be able to survive eating ten ghost peppers at once.
                  Job 41:21

I doubt even a Mexican or an Injun (the cow-worshipping kind) could survive eating ten ghost peppers at once, and they eat spicy filth all the time. No, the only way you can survive that is through the power of God (Matthew 19:26). As there is very little chance that Juan is a True Christian, this throws Esther's entire story into question.

Hot peppers are a taste of what awaits in Hell!

Comment

I am very worried about this thread and its implications. One of the replies by our immaculate Sisters alerted be. The message I am referring to is as follows:
                    From my personal experience (and I suspect Dana may agree), these sort of peppers hurt on the way out as much as on the way in. Just in case, have a few gallons of milk ready. And maybe an ambulance on call?
                    Indeed, it has come to the attention of our Creation Science Team that the capsaicin, the effective drug of the peppers, gives you sensory stimuli during defecation and not only during the consumption of these plant-based products.

I am very sorry to have to point this out in very direct language, but we're talking about anal stimulation. Any anal stimulation felt by susceptible individuals (excluding True Christians™) is an inevitable one-way descent into sodomy, either intergender of male-only. It causes a burning sensation in the (I am sorry to repeat this) anal region.

The sodomistic majority of the population strives for these sensations, and when a suitable tallywhacker is unavailable, they'll succumb to spicy foods to get the Scoville Scale Sphincter that is for them the ultimate pleasure. Furthermore, the passage of this fiery fiend across the rectal ring of resistance is the moment that causes one's alienation from Jesus!

Mark 7:20
                    And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

The defecation of these peppers defiles a man. Finally, some verses originally used to educate sinners into elevated rhetoric can now be applied to this issue:

James 3:6
                    And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

To conclude: Fire on the tongue is the fire of Hell, especially for the unsaved sodomistic swarm. For them, chili is a potential pathway into blasphemy. I, for one, shall restrain myself from trying your chili. Ever.

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
                    2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
                    Check out our Research in Creation Science:

Comment

Dolli, I just thought I'd let you know that even after a day of sitting in the refrigerator, the chili apparently tastes just as good as it did on the day that I made it (according to JOHN).

Esther, dear, if he actually enjoyed ghost peppers in his chili, he wouldn't have noticed any difference with the Carolina reapers. Lemme guess: he munches on habanero peppers (a meager 500,000 on Scoville scale) as if they were apples?

That is a very good point, Brother Dennis. No normal human of pure white Anglo-Saxon descent would be able to survive eating ten ghost peppers at once.

John actually doesn't like the flavor of habaneros, so no, he doesn't eat them like apples.
                      And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
                      Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

John actually doesn't like the flavor of habaneros, so no, he doesn't eat them like apples.
                        He doesn't like the flavor of habaneros. Flavor. FLAVOR?!? If it's the "flavor" he feels so strongly against, then yup, Brother Dennis' hypothesis is confirmed. Beware, Esther dear, of this Don Juan of yours. I mean, I can attest that there's nothing wrong with dating someone with Mexican descent, as long as he has lots of money, you know, for tithing. But he shouldn't be hiding his origin from you by disguising his real name.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                        True Christian™ Love.
                        Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

He doesn't like the flavor of habaneros. Flavor. FLAVOR?!? If it's the "flavor" he feels so strongly against, then yup, Brother Dennis' hypothesis is confirmed. Beware, Esther dear, of this Don Juan of yours. I mean, I can attest that there's nothing wrong with dating someone with Mexican descent, as long as he has lots of money, you know, for tithing. But he shouldn't be hiding his origin from you by disguising his real name.
                          If he was anything less than a Godly whie man, he wouldn't be courting my daughter. I REFUSE to have a son-in-law with even the tiniest drop of Mexican blood in his veins.

Comment

Forgive me for my lack of understanding, dear Sister, but how is his dislike of something a bad thing? In my weak, womanly mind, I would have taken it as a bad thing if he enjoyed eating habaneros frequently. Every person that I've met with Mexican blood has enjoyed eating hot peppers as a snack. I mean no disrespect, but I would like to see where you are coming from.
                            Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

Forgive me for my lack of understanding, dear Sister, but how is his dislike of something a bad thing? In my weak, womanly mind, I would have taken it as a bad thing if he enjoyed eating habaneros frequently. Every person that I've met with Mexican blood has enjoyed eating hot peppers as a snack. I mean no disrespect, but I would like to see where you are coming from.
                              For a normal human being, what makes us not enjoy habanero peppers is the immense heat. If Don Juan can actually detect a flavor of the habanero pepper amidst the burning, that means he's not a normal human being.

You see, dear, there are hot peppers and there are really hot peppers. In your stroll through the grocery store, you may notice a variety of shapes and colors. Among the most common ones, jalapeño peppers are some of the mildest (I eat them whole and barely feel a kick, as going on missions to ungodly South America has killed most of my taste buds). Serrano peppers would be the next level of heat, they are good in a variety of recipes, but I would not recommend eating them whole. Caution when handling them is recommended.

Habanero peppers are among the hottest that you'd find in a regular (non-Mexican) supermarket/grocery store. Using gloves when handling them (cutting, removing seeds) is not just recommended but practically required, as they will burn your hands and whatever body part you touch with your hands (burning in the eyes is especially painful). Also, try not to breathe too close to an open habanero, because that stuff is painful in your respiratory system as well. And it will get to your eyes through air, too.

Anything hotter than habanero is plain torture. Ghost peppers mentioned by Dolli are used by the Indian military instead of tear gas (in the East Indies, not on the reservations; also please note that this article was written when ghost pepper still held the Guinness Record for the world's hottest pepper). Now, you may not have noticed the sarcasm in the original post by Dolli and my subsequent reply, so let me spell out it for you: yes there was sarcasm. Ghost pepper may no longer hold the Guinness Record as the world's hottest pepper, but it still is excruciatingly hot.
                              Last edited by Basilissa; 02-11-2019, 06:54 PM. Reason: added color coding for clarity; scale: green = mild, orange = medium, red = hot, dark red = torture

My favorite LBC sermons:
                              True Christian™ Love.
                              Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

I can attest that there's nothing wrong with dating someone with Mexican descent, as long as he has lots of money, you know, for tithing.
                                Oh yes, I certainly wasn't casting any aspersions on your man Enrique. I'm sure he's a Godly man of pure-blooded Spaniard heritage without any Injun taint, not some mestizo drug trafficker.

he shouldn't be hiding his origin from you by disguising his real name.
                                Here's what God has to say: Psalms 101:7, Proverbs 12:22, Proverbs 19:9.

Brother Dennis' hypothesis is confirmed. Beware, Esther dear, of this Don Juan of yours.
                                If that's the case, someone should call ICE and the DEA immediately. Our national security is at risk. This is why we need that wall ASAP people!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X