X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lest We Forget The TRUE Meaning of Thanksgiving...

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    Oh, Sister, Deuteronomy 28 is such a beautiful chapter, the ways God enjoys tormenting sinners are just so delightful! From the different diseases (Deuteronomy 28:21-22, 27-28, 35)

I guess that flu was God’s way of say Hi Still Here?
    Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 11-30-2019, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Oh, Sister, Deuteronomy 28 is such a beautiful chapter, the ways God enjoys tormenting sinners are just so delightful! From the different diseases (Deuteronomy 28:21-22, 27-28, 35), through taking away one's wife and other possessions (Deuteronomy 28:30-33, 41) and pests feasting on one's crops (Deuteronomy 28:38-39, 42), to my absolute favorite: the curse of eating own children:

Deuteronomy 28:53-58
      53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the Lord thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
      54 So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:
      55 So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
      56 The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,
      57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.

Eating own children definitely beats eating bread baked in human dung!
      Oh, yes, dear Sister Basilissa, this is so true, and I know that some people will whine and moan about the being "mean". Well, if people would forsake their selfish, rebellious nature and just do that which Almighty has asked, then they wouldn't have these things to think about. I mean, it's not like they haven't been warned. The preacher in the attached video has been making that point for many years!

A blessed day to you, Dear,
      Sincerely, Isabella W.

(Mrs.) Isabella White
      Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the of "

Comment

I'm sure I've said this before, but it bears repeating: like Christmas and Easter, the proper Christian HOLYday of Thanksgiving has been co-opted by secular liberals.

Thanksgiving is NOT about tolerance, sharing, and other hippie nonsense, it is about THANKING GOD for giving us victory over the heathen savages (on OUR continent and around OUR world) and for smiting the redskins with plague, and for smiting African savages with AIDS, etc.

So, it's a time to remember what we are thankful for: the nip-tsunami, the earthquakes in Paki-stan and Turkey (gobble gobble). And especially God's interventions against savages on this continent: hurricane Katrina, California wildfires, Peirto Rico sinking into the sea (or whatever happened), 9/11.

It is also a time to pray for further divine intervention: for an earthquake in San Francisco, more plagues, a meteor to hit Mogadishu and/or Paris.

Originally posted by PeterCrackhead View Post
        Yes, smallpox truly is a sign of god’s love for people of the cross... however, if that is the case then why did God visit the 1918 Flu Epidemic on Christian and heathen alike?
        Because white people were fighting among ourselves. It mostly killed people who would have died in the war anyway, so it was a small price for a big message.

Charles Lindbergh (inventor of Trump's slogan AMERICA FIRST) got the message loud and clear, he spells it out here.
        Originally posted by Charles Lindbergh
        We, the heirs of European culture, are on the verge of a
        disastrous war, a war within our own family of nations, a war
        which will reduce the strength and destroy the treasures of the
        White race
        ...foreign races stir restlessly. It is time to
        turn from our quarrels and to build our White ramparts again.
        Don't be surprised if God sends us another reminder soon.
        Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 11-30-2019, 01:38 AM.
        Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
        Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
        Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Have you ever thought about checking into a mental ward.... I think you might need a break from society.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCrackhead View Post
            Have you ever thought about checking into a mental ward.... I think you might need a break from society.
            you don't get it do you word for word cover to cover we follow The bible.
            -Ps 25:10 All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
            -Ps 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
            -James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Comment

Are you guys planning a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner for tomorrow??? I certainly am, it will be the biggest Thanksgiving family gathering in years, a great chance to see some elderly relatives before they die.
              God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
              True Christians are Perfect!
              True Christian™ Love.
              Salvation™ made Easy!
              You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
              Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
              Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
              Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
              Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
              The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
              Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
              God HATES Rational Thinking!
              True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Are you guys planning a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner for tomorrow??? I certainly am, it will be the biggest Thanksgiving family gathering in years, a great chance to see some elderly relatives before they die.
                YES YES YES! I'll be celebrating the American worker who toils away thanklessly to keep turkey under $2/lb and gets back on shift to sell discount TVs at 12.01am the next day. The stock market appreciates it, isn't that thanks enough?
                If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

The True Meaning of Thanksgiving is religious. It is a religious celebration, not secular.

The Pilgrims first started is as a way the bring Indians to Jesus. They enticed the Indians with food. The Indians had to become saved before they could eat.

That's what I was taught as a child and still find it to be the truth. Don't be tempted with other explanations given by liberal atheists.
                  Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Oh, my word, yes, dear Sister Basilissa. I knew I would be so busy with baking today that we decided to postpone this week's McGill Street Ladies' Wednesday Afternoon Prayer Meeting, Bible Study and Tea & Social. Mind you, the ladies will all be over for the big feast tomorrow, and Agatha (my sister) will be joining us, along with a couple of her friends. Sister Clarabelle's sister and her family are visiting Clara for a few days, so they'll be with us, too. So, all in all, we should have 20 around the dining table, plus a few more dropping in for coffee and dessert later on. The youngsters will likely eat me out of house and home, but that's OK because I know that they will need their strength for the Friday sales!

Goodness, and to think that some foolish people are letting their fear of a silly Chinese flu virus keep them from celebrating this special occasion!

(Mrs.) Isabella White
                    Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the of "

Comment

I just read an account of the first Thanksgiving. I have to say it was really disappointing.

It was disappointing because the Wampanoags crashed the celebration. Can you imagine how upsetting it was for the first Christians to set foot on this Godly continent to see those Godless Wampanoags showing up for a free meal? Prayers of Thanksgiving? They had never heard of such a thing.

When we at Landover Baptist teach our children about Thanksgiving I think it best we leave the Wampanoags out of the story.
                      Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

I stayed home and watched football even if I've become disgusted with what the nfl has been doing

Comment

Working...
                        X