X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shroud of Turin Bogus! (No surprise)

Catholics swindled by Medieval Conman. Praise!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/8415377.stm

A team of archaeologists and scientists says it has, for the first time, found pieces of a burial shroud from the time of Jesus in a tomb in Jerusalem.

The researchers, from Hebrew University and institutions in Canada and the US, said the shroud was very different from the controversial Turin Shroud.

Some people believe the Turin Shroud to have been Christ's burial cloth, but others believe it is a fake.

The newly found cloth has a simpler weave than Turin's, the scientists say.

The body of a man wrapped in fragments of the shroud was found in a tomb dating from the time of Jesus near the Old City of Jerusalem.

The tomb is part of a cemetery called the Field of Blood, where Judas Iscariot is said to have killed himself.

The researchers believe the man was a Jewish high priest or member of the aristocracy who died of leprosy, the earliest proven case.

They say he was wrapped in a cloth made of a simple two-way weave, very different to the complex weave of the Turin Shroud.

The researchers believe that the fragments are typical of the burial cloths used at the time of Jesus.

As a result, they conclude that the Turin Shroud did not originate from 1st Century Jerusalem.

The Turin Shroud has been the subject of much controversy.

Tests 20 years ago dated the fabric to the Middle Ages, but believers say the cloth bears the imprint of a man's face that is an authentic image of Christ.
    Any of you Catlix out there have any more 'relics' for sale?

Last edited by Brother V; 12-16-2009, 09:41 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
    Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Re: Shroud of Turin Bogus! (No surprise)

I heard they were going to put the pope's imagage on it, to make it seem more authentic, being more up-to-date, but decided against it as it would scare The Children too badly

Comment

I personally am a big fan of the 'Jesus Grilled Cheese' though I have to admit, it is because I do love a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches and a milkshake....
      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Imagine my surprise. I was sure that all of the "relics" that the Romanists worshiped were real, including all four heads of John the Baptist and the shipload of wood from the True Cross.

This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
          Imagine my surprise. I was sure that all of the "relics" that the Romanists worshiped were real, including all four heads of John the Baptist and the shipload of wood from the True Cross.

Don't worry, Brother. There is more where it came from. This is from the Devil's own foul mouth:
          The Catholic Encyclopedia: "A certain difficulty was caused by the existence elsewhere of other Shrouds similarly impressed with the figure of Jesus Christ and some of these cloths, notably those of Besançon, Cadouin, Champiègne, Xabregas, etc., also claimed to be the authentic linen sindon provided by Joseph of Arimathea,"

It will probably take the fish-heads several years before they have disproved all of their authentic shrouds.
          A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left. (Ecclesiastes 10:2)

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
            The researchers believe the man was a Jewish high priest or member of the aristocracy who died of leprosy, the earliest proven case.
            Are they saying Jesus died of LEPROSY??? Then this one's a stupid fake, too.

They would do well to read the book before crafting these props.

Comment

Working...
            X