X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction: Mary-Agnes O'Riordan

Hello, I am a soft-spoken young woman and would like to join your website.

I hope I can make friends and learn more about being a Christian because my family is atheist and has no Bible.

Re: Introduction: Mary-Agnes O'Riordan

Originally posted by Mary-Agnes O'Riordan View Post

I hope I can make friends and learn more about being a Christian because my family is atheist and has no Bible.
    Hello Mary-Agnes,

Welcome to this forum. As you don´t have a Bible (KJV), you can find one here online. If you read it you can pick a favourite Bible verse to put in your introduction. Other things you should put in your introduction are in the description of this forum.

Kind regards,

Roland
    Jeremiah 6:21 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.

Best wishes for the people in Ukraine.

Comment

Welcome, Mary Agnes. We are Christian here and friendly. Most with your name might be thought to be Romans from the island of Ireland, where the papists are numerous. It is a wonderful thing that you have escaped papism and you seek Jesus. Please tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from? How did you find Jesus? Have you found a suitable congregation? We await your news with bated breath.

God Bless!
      God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

Welcome to this board of True Christians, Mary Agnes, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome. I apologize that my original introduction was sparse. My favorite Bible verse is:

For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
          - Psalms 1:6

I currently attend a small local church in Philadelphia. I was advised a year ago to obtain a Christian name, upon which I was given the name Mary Agnes by my bible study group leader. My original name was Siobhan.

Comment

I was advised a year ago to obtain a Christian name, upon which I was given the name Mary Agnes by my Bible study group leader. My original name was Siobhan.
            Hello Mary-Agnes / Siobhán,

According to Wikipedia Siobhán means (or is derived from) ¨God is gracious¨. Why did your group leader go along with choosing another name? Did he suggest you change your name?

Kind regards,

Roland
            Jeremiah 6:21 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.

Best wishes for the people in Ukraine.

Comment

Mary-Agnes sounds like a catholic name. Do you pray to Mary, the teen aged whore-mother of Jesus, whom He hated? Do you hate your mother as much? You should. The Bible tells us as much.
              Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Oh dear. I was unaware - I merely obeyed my bible-study group leader, who told me that Siobhan was not a Christian name, and that Mary and Agnes both are, so I simply put them together to create a conjoined name. My church was not Catholic - at least, I was under the impression that it was Christian. If this is an incorrect action for me to take, I would change my name back straight away.

Blessings!

Siobhan O'Riordan/Mary-Agnes O'Riordan

Comment

Hello dear, Pearl here! (MY! It took this old gal about 28 minutes to figure out how to put those "smilies" into a "text box"....I suppose we cannot click them any longer??? Now, we must drag them into the empty White box???) Good to know! LOL. Serves us right for not being here recently. Our keyboard came un-plugged, and w e could not figure out if the Purple prong went into the Purple or the Green plug-in. Don't get old, kids! LOL!

Dear, do you have a Husband or perhaps any children? If so, ask your partner if he could suggest a Proper name to you. One that is not associated with your "accidental" mistake. Also, Franklin and I are having trouble pronouncing Siobhan. Can you help? The closest we have found was "Shiomen"....We do not understand the foreigners.

Walking with Christ,

Pearl
                  Just a loving, saved, MARRIED HETEROSEXUAL couple sharing this account! Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Hi Carol, not sure why the Face book isn't typing out my letters, LOL. I hope you can see this message, none of the letters are going in the box. Maybe they are invisible? We do not really understand Computers or Technology. I will have to ask Anita about this. See you tomor

Comment

Thank you for your warm welcome, Pearl. I am hoping to get married as soon as I can, but I have not met anyone unfortunately. For now, apart from my Bible study leader, I have nobody else from which I can get a suggestion for a new name. If Mary-Agnes is inappropriate, I hope I can get suggestions from this website if possible. Siobhan is pronounced "Chevonne", but as I was told it is not a Christian name, I am willing to change it.

God bless,

Mary-Agnes/Siobhan

Comment

Why hello, young Irish lass! When are you going to upload a profile picture so we can put a face to the name, as they say?

Why, I'll bet you're as fresh-faced and pretty as a wild Irish rose.
                      WARNING:
                      In accordance with article 7 of the Swaggart Amendment to the Landover Baptist Church Constitution, you are hereby notified that this forum user is a
                      REGISTERED SPIRITUAL PREDATOR, and prohibited from sending or receiving personal messages, text messages, or instant messages to forum users below the rank of True Christian™. This user is further prohibited from engaging with any persons in real-time audio or video "chats" via Web cams, Skype, Facetime, or any other Internet audio/video technology or service.

Comment

I respectfully agree. I would love to see a stunning picture of this young girl from the land of alcohol. As a retard in the Church of Satan there is nothing I desire more than bodily pleasures, such as beer and women.
                        Malachi 2:3
                        Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

Comment

Thank you for your warm welcome, Pearl. I am hoping to get married as soon as I can, but I have not met anyone unfortunately. For now, apart from my Bible study leader, I have nobody else from which I can get a suggestion for a new name. If Mary-Agnes is inappropriate, I hope I can get suggestions from this website if possible. Siobhan is pronounced "Chevonne", but as I was told it is not a Christian name, I am willing to change it.

God bless,

Mary-Agnes/Siobhan
                          Goodness, I don't know what your obsession about a name is. Where in the Holy Bible did you read you have to have an "appropriate" name? Where did you read you should change your name upon your baptism? Where is this coming from? It's so confusing.

Besides, it's not like True Christians™ keep their names when getting to Heaven. Our real names will be secret unto us alone, written on the back of a white stone (Revelation 2:17). In public, however, we True Christians™ will have the name of written on our foreheads (Revelation 22:4). I can't imagine how that wouldn't completely confuse everyone, but surely Jesus has a Plan. I'm not worried.

There's a reason to actually read the Holy Bible, dear. There's all kinds of interesting, and valuable knowledge there! If you want to know your faith, you should consult the Source.

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Indeed, this is true. I should not concern myself too much with my name. It was superficial of me, just as much as I ought not to be concerned with matters of dress.

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
                            - Timothy 2:9

I would upload a picture of myself as an avatar, but if you may pardon me I am just slightly worried about what Naomi meant by "beer and women"...

God bless,

Mary-Agnes

Comment

Indeed, this is true. I should not concern myself too much with my name. It was superficial of me, just as much as I ought not to be concerned with matters of dress.

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
                              - Timothy 2:9

I would upload a picture of myself as an avatar, but if you may pardon me I am just slightly worried about what Naomi meant by "beer and women"...

God bless,

Mary-Agnes
                              Hello, dear!

Please, do not worry about Miss Naomi. She's on her way to Hell and there's nothing that can change that.

However, please upload a picture that wouldn't be too risqué. We wouldn't want Brother FM to go astray again.
                              God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                              True Christians are Perfect!
                              True Christian™ Love.
                              Salvation™ made Easy!
                              You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                              Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                              Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                              Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                              Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                              The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                              Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                              God HATES Rational Thinking!
                              True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Working...
                              X