X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Contract Theory, Demotism, everybody is a somebody and somebody needs to die

During the Franco-Swiss epoch there were discussions about a social contract. No-one could agree what it was, of course, but everyone thought it was a good idea. There followed about two centuries of vitriolic dismemberment known variously as
    • The French Revolution
    • The The Napoleonic Wars
    • The Franco-Prussian War
    • The Transvaal War
    • The (2nd) Boer War
    • The War To End All Wars
    • The Russian Revolution
    • The (2nd) World War i.e. the second after the-war-to-end-all-wars
    Then things really got busy. Commie annexations everywhere, African dictators galore, muslims murdering one another (no change there) but deciding to murder everyone else as well, the list goes on and on but the philosophical underpinnings of Liberté, égalité, fraternité..surely the acme of insincerity..persisted.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/rousseau/#CiviReliTole

Psalm 22:20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

I've heard there's some very questionable activities these days in France. And England. And Australia. Let's just not mention Wales or New Zealand but since nobody knows what Switzerland looks like & since this stuff was written in French, would France be an avatar to consider?
    Attached Files

Re: Our policy on avatars

I'd love to have a thread discussing social contract theory and we could also talk about how it's impossible to have any meaningful social contract in the identity-obsessed multicultural borderless anti-assimilation state-functions-starting-with-lawenforcement-replaced-with-AntiFa world that Mr. Social Construct wants to create.

There's a concept called "demotism", meaning the (usually just in propaganda) idea that governments gain their power from The People, including the lowest among them, rather than from God.

Demotism is wrong: Romans 13:1-2, Daniel 2:21, John 19:11, 1 Peter 2:13, Romans 13:4, Isaiah 45:1, Romans 13:6, 1 Timothy 2:2, 1 Peter 2:14

Previously wars and strife treated most people as irrelevant. Sure, you get squashed if a marauding army happened to march through your village, you might get conscripted and used to waste the enemy's arrows, or because the knights need to build a causeway across a moat and your corpse will do the job just fine. You might get slaughtered by Genghis Khan because he's decided that China is better as a grazing meadow with a human population of zero. You might get brutally tortured because a starving army want you to tell them where you've hidden the food, and they're starving because nobody in power cared enough to supply them with food. But before demotism ordinary people would not be targeted.

Long story short, in the past "hearts and minds" didn't matter. Today they matter, in the sense of "grab them by the balls and their hearts and minds will follow."

This trend of demotism turning everyone into a target now continues to the culture "war". Just look at who is the victim of mass-media scandals. There was no scandal when JFK had sex with Marilyn Monroe, or when LBJ would whip out his "johnson" to show people. Now joe nobody can find themselves turned into a world-wide hate-figure because they called the police on a black person, or because they dared to wait for evidence before firing/divorcing/punching joe nobody.
    Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 01-25-2019, 02:01 AM.
    Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
    Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
    Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Re: Social Contract Theory, Demotism, everybody is a somebody and somebody needs to die

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
      would France be an avatar to consider?
      That reminds me of the time I identified as a woman and was menstruating. In fact, one of my menstruations looked like the face of Jesus, and that's what caused me to be born again, again.
      Trigger Warning: the text you have just read may have caused: flashbacks to historical oppression, normalization of whiteness, hegemonic hyper-masculinity (if I must say so myself), assumption of genders, species, and/or status as a living being, other problematic sins which are yet to be discovered and outlawed but I should still be (eventually) punished for.

MOD NOTE: click here for a Wokish-To-English Dictionary.

Comment

Re: Social Contract Theory, Demotism, everybody is a somebody and somebody needs to die

I thought the SJW (Sinful Jew-puppet Wimp) noob's name was Social ConSTRUCT not Social ConTRACT. Besides, I don't recall mention of either in the Holy KJV 1611 Bible.
        I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
        Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
        But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
        From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

Everyone knows that the French are rude and obnoxious, but as one friend of mine pointed out, they are also rude and obnoxious to one another as well - it has nothing to do with us. What lies at the root of this is their "Liberté, égalité, fraternité" (liberty, equality, fraternity) - particularly the "fraternity" part, or the expectation that everyone will be "friends". What can you expect from a culture that refuses to regularly bathe and then trys to sell you expensive excessively perfumed soaps to cover up the stench.

By the time of the French Revolution everyone in Europe was fed up with their kings and queens, and Napoleon capitalized on that - they were certainly on board with the "Liberté" part and welcomed him with open arms - at least at first. After awile he was seen more of a menace than anything else - the main problem his being French and acting like it.

We can mention in passing that the British were notable for exhibiting some humane treatment during the Boer wars by inventing the concentration camp.

The Swiss, on the other hand, not only had the common sense to kick all their undesirable rulers out, but managed to stay above all this turmoil by being "neutral". Their famous Gnomes of Zurich also were able to profit from the general malaise by setting up secret bank accounts that all the rest of the worlds dictators and other undesirable rulers could set aside a little cash for a rainy day.
          Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
          brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
          ...and get off my lawn
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamJenningsBryan View Post
            The Swiss, on the other hand, not only had the common sense to kick all their undesirable rulers out, but managed to stay above all this turmoil by being "neutral".
            Ah yes, neutrality. That's got to figure into this somehow.

Those clock-making, horn-blowing freaks, while the rest of the world was in a desperate fight against Hitler's monsters or the immanent threat of the Judeo-bolshevik-capitalist-gangster conspiracy - (teach the controversy)....What were those yodelers doing? Inventing LSD.
            Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
            Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
            Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Satan has a weird contract theory. It is do as I say and I will reward you with an eternity in fire. It's amazing atheists buy into a contract that is lose, lose. They have never been too bright.

Jesus offered us the best one of all: Stop sinning, believe in me and I'll take care of everything. Smart people like those of us here at LBC have taken him up on his offer.
              Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
                Satan has a weird contract theory. It is do as I say and I will reward you with an eternity in fire. It's amazing atheists buy into a contract that is lose, lose. They have never been too bright.
                I think that Satan banks on giving power and riches in this world, and glosses over being roasted and having you skin peeled from you in the next. It is all too easy for those who lack critical thinking skills and a moral compass to be persuaded that there is no afterlife despite the evidence that is in the Bible.

Of course, God also gives us plenty in this world - at least He never gives us more than we can bear. But we must not forget that our three score years and ten are but the smallest fraction of Eternity, and that we should look to our real future, i.e. when we are dead.
                Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
                During the Franco-Swiss epoch there were discussions about a social contract.
                The only social contract worth talking about is the contract with God - we worship, praise and obey Him and we get eternal life.

Everything else is "of this world" and not worth discussing.
                sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Working...
                X