This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bible Answers: Who are our neighbors? Who are our brothers and sisters? Who are we to love?

Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
    You're making God up.

You either believe in Jesus or you burn in Hell.
    So basically you just said God doesn't exist!! You hindu!!! :O

Comment

Re: Bible Answers: Who are our neighbors? Who are our brothers and sisters? Who are we to love?

Originally posted by cheesynibbles View Post
      So basically you just said God doesn't exist!! You hindu!!! :O
      He said nothing of the sort. Please read a little more carefully.
      This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
        He said nothing of the sort. Please read a little more carefully.
        yes he did! But then again I knew you two were gonna stick up for eachother, I mean, you being fags and all

Comment

yes he did! But then again I knew you two were gonna stick up for eachother, I mean, you being fags and all
          Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, is it, sunshine? "God exists" and "You're making God up" aren't mutually exclusive statements; instead, they mean that you're making up "facts" about God that aren't true.
          This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

...you being fags and all
            Dear H8er:

Even thought the True Christians here have a Bible which tells them that homosexuals are an abomination deserving of death and eternal hellfire, they don't hate them.

Why do you?

Comment

What? I said the idiot made God up. We don't. We have the Bible to prove God.
              sigpic
              Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
              The truth about volcanos
              Sex and debauchery in public schools
              Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
              God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
              Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by JennaFutbol View Post
                Wait, do you mean that Evolution didn't happen? So what did happen?
                Seriously, you mean you read this far in this thread and THIS is the question you came up with? Have you never read Genesis?

In Christ,
                Warren

Comment

Praise Jesus. I get so tired of the unsaved telling us what they think the Bible says.
                  Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

I just wanted my friends and neighbors at Landover Baptist to know how much I love you all.

The unsaved, not so much.
                    Praise and worship with Pastor Will. Services at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Contact me. pastorwillsampson at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson View Post
                      I just wanted my friends and neighbors at Landover Baptist to know how much I love you all.

The unsaved, not so much.
                      Thankyou Pastor. Your thoughts and wishes make me want to work harder for Jesus.
                      Isaiah 66:15

For behold, the Lord wil come with fire, and with his charets like a whirlewinde, to render his anger with furie, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Comment

Alright, so I'm new here and forgive me if I seem a little ignorant but I have a question. I've always tried to live my life in a manner similar to the life Jesus lead when he was here on earth. Of course I fall short, but I still try and with his help I feel I grow and do a little better everyday. I've looked over a lot of these posts and there's a lot of talk about shunning nonbelievers. In my life I've tried very hard to answer the call Jesus put forth to his disciples in Matthew 4:18-25

18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.

19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.

22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.

23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

Now obviously I can't heal and I don't have multitudes following me but I do my best to help those in need when I can and spread the gospel to those who need even if they're nonbelievers who reject Jesus. Just like Jesus did in Matthew 9:9-15

9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.

10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Is my understanding of this passage wrong? It seems to me that Jesus came to save those were unsaved. He ate with sinners and spent time with them. Was that just something special Jesus did that we are not suppose to? Thank you for your time and responses, I really appreciate the help.
                        This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture only. --ADMIN

Comment

Dear Heathen;

Jesus offers us all the gift of Salvation, but that doesn't mean that everyone receives that gift. Yes, Jesus temporarily suffered and died on the cross for my sins, but that gift is offered conditionally.

Take this famous verse, for existence. Jesus DID NOT die for everyone.

He died for those that BELIEVE.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH, but have everlasting life.
                          John 3:16
                          Everyone doesn't believe in Jesus, thus they will perish.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself.

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire.

YIC,

-Pastor Ezekiel
                          Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
                            Now obviously I can't heal and I don't have multitudes following me but I do my best to help those in need when I can and spread the gospel to those who need even if they're nonbelievers who reject Jesus. Just like Jesus did in Matthew 9:9-15
                            Excellent! That's just what we do here at Landover Baptist Church Forum! We help those in need by spreading the Gospel, even to those who reject the temporary Sacrifice Christ made for my sins! Say, why don't you introduce yourself so we can greet you properly! Tell us what church you go to, what your favorite Bible verse is, and how you came to Fear and Obey God (Ecclesiastes 12:13)!

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.
                              10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
                              11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
                              12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
                              13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Is my understanding of this passage wrong?
                              Hello. I never intrude opinion or instruction and none is needed here. You seem concerned that you do not have magic powers, such as spontaneous healing. And that is right: no-one does. Jesus is the great physician. But Jesus is absent from the world. He says so here:

JOHN [Jesus speaking]
                              15:24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
                              25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
                              26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
                              27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
                              16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
                              2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
                              3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
                              4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
                              5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
                              6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
                              7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
                              8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
                              KJV

The passage covers both your points.
                              It is through prayer that God, by the Power of the Holy Spirit, heals the sick.
                              If someone doesn't recover, either the prayer was not addressed to God, or it was not made in faith. James 5 - LINK to earlier post

Similarly, it is The Holy Spirit who convinces the sinner of sin, see verse 8 above. You mentioned that you spread the gospel to those who need even if they're nonbelievers which is puzzling me. Why would you spread The Gospel to people who were already believers? It is only nonbelievers who need to hear The Good News of Salvation. Everyone else is already saved. What would be the point of that? OK, most people do reject Jesus. Satan offers them a value free lifestyle with wall-to-wall booze, pimps, sex orgies, random murder, psychedelic toads, Frenchwomen, witchdoctors, heathenism and communists and they jump at the opportunity. As we know these fools do accept that there is a God but pretend to be atheists, Zoroastrians, animists, Presbyterians, psychotic delusionals, new age sex gurus and other demoniacs of the type so that they may sin. If they had never heard, that would be one thing. Having heard—but rejected Jesus—is another.

So we have an obligation to witness to those wretches. That doesn't mean we should associate with them. We must not, as has been explained in the posts you will have read concerning shunning, with full supporting Scripture.

..Jesus came to save those were unsaved. He ate with sinners and spent time with them. Was that just something special Jesus did that we are not suppose to?
                              I always feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and explain The Truth to them in accordance with their understanding. I don't expect to see outcomes as such, my simple words are like a seed and they will hear others, I know. Perhaps that seed will sprout. I neglect no opportunity: that is called Faith. But when invited into their lair, or to sit in with their coven, or gross out at one of their séances or whatever other plans they might have the Christian always declines.

That is the difference between association and witnessing.

Is my understanding of this passage wrong?
                              Taken in context, God's Word is always clear. Taking passages out of context is obfuscational at best. Feel free to contact The Pastors for sound teaching or to arrange a tithing plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson View Post
                                Did you not read my sermon?

Only predestined, preordained, blood bought Christians are our neighbors, brothers and sisters.
                                if that's true why did god specificaly point out a pagan samaritan as our neighbor more over why did he save the samaritan woman at the well

Comment

Working...
                                X