X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew 10:34

My favorite verse is Matthew 10:34. In the King James Version it reads "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

I use this verse as a reminder to stay strong when others try to steer me off the path to the savior. After all, what should their opinions matter if you aren't here for peace?

Brothers and sisters, how could you apply this verse to your daily lives?

Blessings upon all of you
    sigpic
    Praise Jesus! For He alone saves

Re: Matthew 10:34

Hi, this is one of my favorite Bible passages also.

Obviously, Jesus did not go around with a literal army, or carry any literal swords. Rather, Jesus preached to love thy neighbor. But in Matthew 10:34 Jesus is warning his followers that his does not simply mean peace. When someone speaks the truth, anyone, the effect can be more violent than any sword or gun.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierofChrist View Post
      It reminds me that Leviticus (with all of it's sound advice and wisdom) is still a meaningful work, alive and well in the world, today and that Jesus is the Man to make it happen. Glory!

YIC
      1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

My favorite verse is Matthew 10:34. In the King James Version it reads "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

I use this verse as a reminder to stay strong when others try to steer me off the path to the savior. After all, what should their opinions matter if you aren't here for peace?
        Too few so called 'Christians' fail to see that, as per Revelations, the final stages of this Earth will flow with the blood of the unfaithful and a third f mankind falls to Jesus's sword.

It is the verse that justifies any treatment of the heretic, as long as what is done is done to save his soul.

Occasionally, we see it used to convert whole populations, or indeed provide shining examples of the Faithful in the guise of martyrs.

It speaks to me of the True Christian's separation from an evil, hell-bound and godless society and the reality he sees about him, so that he may not suffer Satan-induced embarrassment in doing the Lord's work.
        sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
        Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
          It is the verse that justifies any treatment of the heretic, as long as what is done is done to save his soul.

It speaks to me of the True Christian's separation from an evil, hell-bound and godless society and the reality he sees about him, so that he may not suffer Satan-induced embarrassment in doing the Lord's work.
          Praise be to that sweet assurance brother! God will bless the persecuted

1 Peter 4:16 (KJV)
          Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
          sigpic
          Praise Jesus! For He alone saves

Comment

Blessings upon all of you
            This is a fine verse, indeed. While Jesus also told us to obey secular laws of the country we live in (e.g., Titus 3:1), this verse clearly justifies us to kill Muslims and other heathens in ways which our government approve. Currently, the best method of applying this verse is killing Muslims with drones - they allow to kill an entire village in which one terrorist is supposed to be hiding. God Bless America and support our troops!

Originally posted by Wuhchulookinat? View Post

Obviously, Jesus did not go around with a literal army, or carry any literal swords. Rather, Jesus preached to love thy neighbor. But in Matthew 10:34 Jesus is warning his followers that his does not simply mean peace. When someone speaks the truth, anyone, the effect can be more violent than any sword or gun.
            No, this is not what Jesus says. He says that He is the one causing the war and killing and violence in general.

You need to be doing more reading and less interpreting (2 Peter 1:20), sweetie.
            God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
            True Christians are Perfect!
            True Christian™ Love.
            Salvation™ made Easy!
            You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
            Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
            Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
            Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
            Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
            The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
            Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
            God HATES Rational Thinking!
            True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
              No, this is not what Jesus says. He says that He is the one causing the war and killing and violence in general.

You need to be doing more reading and less interpreting (2 Peter 1:20), sweetie.
              Oh, that's what I thought that He meant. But how did He cause war and violence without directly killing anybody? Or maybe He did... I don't know.

Comment

When Jesus talks about our neighbors, He is speaking about our fellow Christians. Not witches, atheists, fags or joos.

Have you ever actually read the Holy Bible?
                Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Oh, that's what I thought that He meant. But how did He cause war and violence without directly killing anybody? Or maybe He did... I don't know.
                  Well, He seems to be OK with all of the genocide committed in His name, right? Because otherwise He would not allow His followers to rape, enslave, and murder millions of people (all in His name) all around the world during the last 1700 years (give or take), right?
                  God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                  True Christians are Perfect!
                  True Christian™ Love.
                  Salvation™ made Easy!
                  You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                  Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                  Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                  Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                  Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                  The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                  Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                  God HATES Rational Thinking!
                  True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

I understand it to mean that God did not come to give us peace but rather gave us truth. The truth unfortunately irritates the unbeliever and they tend to persecute or bully Christians. Stay strong! The word "persecute*" is used 28 times in the new testament alone. So serve Jesus and be exceedingly glad when tribulations come your way.

Comment

Originally posted by humbleconvert View Post
                      I understand it to mean that God did not come to give us peace but rather gave us truth. The truth unfortunately irritates the unbeliever and they tend to persecute or bully Christians. Stay strong! The word "persecute*" is used 28 times in the new testament alone. So serve Jesus and be exceedingly glad when tribulations come your way.
                      How well said, Dear Newcomer! Jesus must have invited you to join His Favorite Discussion Board!

We would like to know you better, so make an Introduction of yourself, your Church, your favorite verses and your path to Jesus HERE according to THESE instructions.

Exodus 12:49
                      One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
                      2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
                      Check out our Research in Creation Science:

Comment

Working...
                      X